Xbox windows app, installation stuck on "Preparing"

Discus and support Xbox windows app, installation stuck on "Preparing" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to install something through the xbox app, but it gets stuck on "Preparing" [img] I have tried to install a couple of different... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by erbmur, Nov 23, 2021.

1. erbmur
    erbmur Guest

Hello,

I am trying to install something through the xbox app, but it gets stuck on "Preparing"

Xbox windows app, installation stuck on "Preparing" [​IMG]

I have tried to install a couple of different games, but they are all giving me the same issue.

Any help would be really appreciated!

:)

erbmur, Nov 23, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Erbmur, how are you today? Hope you're well.

There are a couple of things we could try.

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

In that case, Erbmur, I would advise you to report this to the xbox app team on the insiders hub app on your PC.
  4. erbmur Win User

Correct.

I clicked install from the image below, let it do its thing. It restarted a couple of times. Rebooted just to make sure, and it still gets stuck on "Repairing".

Are there any other suggestions you could offer before I have to clean install windows?

[​IMG]
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

Really? You've done it already and it didn't work?
  6. erbmur Win User

I'm sorry to say but that didn't work either.
Thema:

1. Xbox windows app, installation stuck on "Preparing" - Similar Threads - windows app installation

2. How do I install the preview version of the Xbox app on Windows 11?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I install the preview version of the Xbox app on Windows 11?: I'm insider but I haven't received any updates. submitted by /u/Sand_man94 [link] [comments]
  3. Windows 11 Xbox App Game Install Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 11 Xbox App Game Install Issues: I am trying to install Forza Horizon 5 on my gaming laptop, since updating to Windows 11 however, game installs and more specifically, GamePass installs; must be done through the Xbox App, no...
  4. Xbox app games install stuck on preparing windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app games install stuck on preparing windows 11: Xbox app games install stuck on preparing windows 11 I have tried everything possible suggested on Microsoft forum and even 3rd party sites no solution for me still. I have tried powershell...
  5. Xbox App (Windows 11 Home Insider Preview) won't let me choose a drive to install games on

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App (Windows 11 Home Insider Preview) won't let me choose a drive to install games on: Hi, I recently got interested in Game Pass for PC since I have a Game Pass Ultimate subscription for both Xbox and PC. My laptop's internal SSD being too small, I bought a bigger external SSD...
  6. Error 0x80073D05 when installing Xbox App (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80073D05 when installing Xbox App (Windows 10): I am unable to install the Xbox app (and therefore use my game pass I have paid for) as it gives me a: "Something unexpected happened. Code: 0x80073D05" I have looked all over the internet, I...
  7. games do not show up in xbox app after installing windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    games do not show up in xbox app after installing windows 11: I installed windows 11. The xbox app got updated and looks different from the xbox app under windows 10. In the new xbox app there is no "My Games" but there is "My collection". Only 1 game,...
  8. 0x00000000 code when attempting to install Sea of Thieves on Xbox App Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x00000000 code when attempting to install Sea of Thieves on Xbox App Windows 10: I get the 0x00000000 error code when attempting to install Sea of Thieves on the Xbox App on Windows 10. I've tried disabling certain proxy settings, different powershell commands requested to try...
  9. Installing games on xbox app windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installing games on xbox app windows 10: when i try to download forza horizon 5 on the xbox app it sits at 0% for about a minute and then disappears from my installations 8d5e26b5-0278-4dbb-9d30-586c9881c6c3
  10. Xbox App on Windows 11 - not showing other drive options to install, only showing C:

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App on Windows 11 - not showing other drive options to install, only showing C:: Some games including Forza Horizon 5 are not showing me any other drive options other than C:. I have tried uninstall/reset/reinstall/repair. Also wsreset.exe Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* |...