Xbox wiped my internal hard drive space

Discus and support Xbox wiped my internal hard drive space in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I had just moved my Xbox and when I turned it back on I was stuck at the startup screen after turning it off and on a few times, it gave me the factory... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Reed202, May 19, 2020.

1. /u/Reed202
    /u/Reed202 Guest

I had just moved my Xbox and when I turned it back on I was stuck at the startup screen after turning it off and on a few times, it gave me the factory start-up intro. luckily I have a 2tb hard drive that had most of the data stored on it is there any way I can recover any of the data that was on the internal hard drive?

submitted by /u/Reed202
    [link] [comments]

/u/Reed202, May 19, 2020
  2. Michael Error Win User

Xbox Hard Drive Problem

i have enough space to download on the internal hard drive most of my games
  3. soviet JJ96 Win User

Will not download

I’ve already tried that, I even cleared space on my internal hard drive even though I have an external 4 tb hard drive
  4. VibroPlex Win User

Gta san Andreas not working

It works so long as you have a Microsoft-branded hard drive. The internal storage of the 4GB 360s does not have enough space space, and third party hard drives are not compatible with the emulator programming.
  5. VibroPlex Win User

GTA San Andreas

It works so long as you have a Microsoft-branded hard drive. The internal storage of the 4GB 360s does not have enough space space, and third party hard drives are not compatible with the emulator programming.
  6. lachmitchh Win User

Downloading Updates onto USB

Thanks for clarifying that!

If you head to Settings>System>Storage on the console, and make sure that the external hard drive is set as the default download location for the console, do you see any difference if you try the update again after that?

If you're still seeing trouble with the external set as the default download location, try transferring some of the content installed on the internal drive to the external drive to make space for the updates on the internal drive, and let us know if you're
    able to access GTA online with the update installed to the internal drive.
    I don't believe that there's anyway for me to set the external hard drive as the default. I've tried transferring content over to make room but as my Xbox is only 4GB I'm still struggling to download it. I ordered an internal hard drive, as I read that realistically
    that should contribute to increasing my internal drive space, should this solve the issue??
Thema:

1. Xbox wiped my internal hard drive space - Similar Threads - wiped internal hard

2. Can we have an option to wipe our entire achievement history clear for the start of next gen

in XboX Insiders
    Can we have an option to wipe our entire achievement history clear for the start of next gen: As the next gen is about to start, I would like to start fresh on all my achievements too. Before you tell me to just create another account - it's not as simple as just deleting your account and...
  3. Please can someone help my sons fortnite has been wiped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please can someone help my sons fortnite has been wiped: Hi I really need some help. We got fortnite for my son and spent hundreds on it. He then wanted a second account on fortnite for his friends to play on. Some how this account got linked to his...
  4. May 2020 update wiped out my external SSD drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    May 2020 update wiped out my external SSD drive.: I just installed the May update on my XBOX One X and all my games and apps were wiped out from my 4TB external SSD drive. Wound up having to reinstall all my games and apps one by one. It seem to...
  5. I wiped my drive recently and now i don’t have the insider hub but Microsoft says I do and...

in XboX Insiders
    I wiped my drive recently and now i don’t have the insider hub but Microsoft says I do and...: [IMG] submitted by /u/charlie--marshmallow [link] [comments]
  6. Edge Browser gone? Seems to be completely wiped from existence on my Xbox One

in XboX Insiders
    Edge Browser gone? Seems to be completely wiped from existence on my Xbox One: I can't find it anywhere anymore after the newest update. It's completely wiped from existence. Nothing in the store anymore, not in my installed or owned apps. My bookmark leads to the Microsoft...
  7. External Storage Wiped after XBox Update 4/7/20

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Storage Wiped after XBox Update 4/7/20: I have a Seagate 1 TB storage device that I've been using with my Xbox One (Day One Edition) for years and have never had a problem after Xbox updates until today when I ran the latest update...
  8. Horizon 4 game progress wiped Xbox 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Horizon 4 game progress wiped Xbox 1: my sons horizon 4 game totally reset on tuesday morning on his xbox 1 , Completly wiping his progress, But his xbox 1x works fine with all progress there. Is there a way i can restore his progress...
  9. All but 5 of my Minecraft Bedrock worlds (I had about 150) were wiped and I can't retrieve...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All but 5 of my Minecraft Bedrock worlds (I had about 150) were wiped and I can't retrieve...: I loaden on to Minecraft today after updating to Beta 1.14.50.1 and all but my 5 most recent worlds had gone! I can't even sync old worlds! Is there any way to recover my lost worlds?...
  10. Xbox one internal hardrive wiped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one internal hardrive wiped: Hi i had a update last night and when i have come back on today my xbox has completely reset itself, and all internal storage has been wiped, including games and apps. This is the second time this...