Xbox Wireless Adapter Choppy Audio

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Adapter Choppy Audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Would love to know if anyone ever found a fix for this? Personally I use a very costly Bang & Olufsen headset and it has the same issue, even got the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lord Beerman, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Lord Beerman
    Lord Beerman Guest

Would love to know if anyone ever found a fix for this? Personally I use a very costly Bang & Olufsen headset and it has the same issue, even got the headset replaced once on the warranty.

Wyvernruler5 posted:

"I have found a real issue with the Xbox Wireless Adapter that verifiable and easily repeatable. There are dozens of tickets and posts across Microsoft and third-party forums where Microsoft support is either completely absent or has responded to the thread without actually providing a fix for the issue. People are unable to use this product as there is no fix and no way to request support. Please help us. Stop ignoring us.

Using the Xbox Wireless Adapter on Windows 10 (and I imagine Windows 11), playing any game that supports Dolby audio or Windows Sonic for Headphones while using an official Xbox Wireless Headset or third-party headsets like the Razer Kaira Pro that use the Xbox wireless protocol, choppy audio that cuts out or stutters is produced. Furthermore, this extends to other apps (though less consistent) like streaming Hulu, or listening to Spotify.

I have verified this across multiple machines and headsets. This does not appear to be present on current firmware of the Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S consoles.

There are actual dozens of threads where no real action has been taken by support. The adapter firmware itself has not even been updated in four years, yet Xbox is still selling this adapter without providing support. Why is this happening and how can we fix it?"

:)

Lord Beerman, Sep 21, 2022
  2. The Golden Ghost Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset Distorted Sound

Yesterday (12/1/2021), I experienced extremely choppy audio in Warzone. Thinking this may be a wireless issue, I unplugged the XBox Wireless Adapter and used the USB-C port for audio (USB-C to USB-C). Guess what? I still had choppy audio on the Xbox Wireless headset! I switched to an older 3.5 mm headphone, and the audio was fine.

I think switching to a wired headset is a good idea at this point, as the Scruffy Fuzzy said above.
  3. RaymondAung Win User

Nice, 3 months and still no reply.
  4. SeRoM_1 Win User

Hey there !

I dont know why my answer was delete ... I repost here !

Stop taking us for idiots. There is many thread on this subjet.

Our drivers and OS are updated. All headset are updated (Bang & olufsen, Steelseries, Astro, even the Xbox wireless Headset)

Strangely they all share this dongle, so make it go up once and for all !

Regards
  5. larshag Win User

This issue exists over 2 years now :) MS **** us
  6. XBF-Spartan Win User

Hi Wyvernruler5,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! We are sorry to hear about your issue and would like to help out. Can I ask if you have verified that your headset itself has the latest firmware provided by the manufacturer? Also, on your pc while you are using the headset do you possibly have any 3rd party software running in the background whether it be gaming or audio software?
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter Choppy Audio - Similar Threads - Wireless Adapter Choppy

2. Xbox Wireless Adapter stopped connecting to the controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter stopped connecting to the controller: My Xbox Wireless Adapter stopped connecting to the controller. My Wireless Xbox adapter was working fine, until one day it stopped connecting to the controller. I have figured out that there is...
  3. Issues with the Xbox Series controller on PC using the official wireless adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with the Xbox Series controller on PC using the official wireless adapter: Hello, I am posting here because I have no idea where to ask for help, Microsoft support is useless. Anyways here it goes: For a long time I am been using DS4 with my PC. While it works great,...
  4. Did I buy a fake Xbox wireless adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did I buy a fake Xbox wireless adapter?: So I had an official one, but I gave that away to someone for their birthday. I decided I wanted another one because I like to use a controller for some games. But it was sold out everywhere....
  5. XBox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10/11 is rapidly overheating and shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10/11 is rapidly overheating and shutting down: I bought an official adapter from Microsoft to use with my Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 headset back in February. It worked well for a while, but over the last 2-3 months I have noticed that it...
  6. Where can I find an Xbox Wireless PC Adapter to purchase?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I find an Xbox Wireless PC Adapter to purchase?: I'm looking into buying an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller to use with my computer so I've been trying to find the adapter online but I'm unable to find it anywhere, it's either out of stock or in...
  7. Xbox Wireless Headset with Xbox Wireless adapter to improve Discord mic/audio quality??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset with Xbox Wireless adapter to improve Discord mic/audio quality??: I bought an Xbox wireless headset recently. Love it because no more cords! When I connect it to my Xbox, I can hear my game clearly and mic seems to work well. I also bought it to be able to...
  8. I think my XBOX wireless adapter for windows 10 broke with less than a months use

in XBoX on Consoles
    I think my XBOX wireless adapter for windows 10 broke with less than a months use: I got this thing July 5 and it was working great with a basic black 60 dollar XBOX series S/X controller until today. I was playing gears of war ultimate edition and it just stopped responding the...
  9. Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver (PC adapter for 360 wireless controller)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver (PC adapter for 360 wireless controller): All, I looked for hours online and spoke with MS online chat to find the Windows 10 driver for the Xbox 360 wireless controller PC adapter (proper name in subject line). I would plug in the PC...
  10. Xbox Wireless Adapter Choppy Audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter Choppy Audio: I have found a real issue with the Xbox Wireless Adapter that verifiable and easily repeatable. There are dozens of tickets and posts across Microsoft and third-party forums where Microsoft...