Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not working

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not working in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I just bought one of these and when i conect the device via usb, the pc detects it, but when i press the sync botton on the adapter there is no light... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by FernandoPedro2, Feb 14, 2020 at 3:13 PM.

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not working

I just bought one of these and when i conect the device via usb, the pc detects it, but when i press the sync botton on the adapter there is no light from the adapter.

I've tried on diferent pcs and still not working.

:)

FernandoPedro2, Feb 14, 2020 at 3:13 PM
  2. Bayroxis Win User

Controller Xbox One - Windows 7 x64 - Wireless

Thanks for your answer, would like it to wireless but I can handle it :)

Does all xbox one controller have an usb C port to be connected or some are wireless only ? (Sorry about all these questions but never had an xbox one controller between my hand)

And I found 2 link on microsoft website about wireless connexion here they are, but in french (i'm on phone can't find them in English) but here's the translation of interesting parts :

https://support.xbox.com/fr-BE/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-wireless-adapter-for-windows-compatibility

"The wireless adaptator for windows 10 has been made to be used on windows 10 only. The old wireless adaptator xbox for windows works on device running windows 10, windows 8.1 and windows 7. "

That's where I heard about the "old adaptator"

And I just found this link :

https://support.xbox.com/fr-FR/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-one-wireless-controller-differences-on-windows-operating-systems

This is line 1, 2 and 3 of the table :

"Fonctionality : usb wired connexion : works on windows 10 and windows 7/8.1

Fonctionality : connexion via wireless usb adaptator for windows : works on windows 10 and windows 7/8.1

Fonctionality : connexion via wireless usb adaptator for windows 10 : works on windows 10, doesn't work on windows 7."

So seems like there is 2 wireless adaptator and one of them seems to work on windows 7 but they don't precise if it's for xbow one or 360...sigh now you understand why i'm so lost, 3 versions of the controller, 2 different adaptator, many software update...I
    know the best is to switch to W10 but I never had a single problem on w7 and would like to keep it as long as possible.

Thanks again !
  3. Mister Kellogg Win User

Having issues connecting Xbox One controller (elite) wirelessly to PC

Hey Wrathof Fulgore,

Thank you for letting us know that as well. Can you let us know if you are using Windows 10 and a Windows 10 wireless adapter as well?

Thank you!

Yes, I am on windows 10 and using the original model of the Xbox One Windows 10 wireless adapter (the fat one).
    Thank you for confirming that for us. Just to check, have you been able to work through all the steps for the

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows
    as well?

Thank you!
  4. WrathOf Fulgore Win User

Having issues connecting Xbox One controller (elite) wirelessly to PC

Hey ,

Thank you for letting us know that as well. Can you let us know if you are using Windows 10 and a Windows 10 wireless adapter as well?

Thank you!

Yes, I am on windows 10 and using the original model of the Xbox One Windows 10 wireless adapter (the fat one).

Thank you for confirming that for us. Just to check, have you been able to work through all the steps for the

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows
    as well?

Thank you!
    Yes, I have done all these steps with the wireless adapter as well, save for swapping it out for another one, which I don't have.
  5. Smittychat. Win User

Xbox one adaptor on PC works on laptop but not PC!!

6. Internet Expert Win User

Wireless Xbox one adapter compatibility with windows 7

Thema:

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not working

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not working - Similar Threads - Wireless Adapter Windows

2. Windows 10 Wireless Xbox Adapter

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Wireless Xbox Adapter: I bought this adapter some time ago and left it sitting on my desk for more than a month before I attempted to use it. As per the instructions, I plugged it in and it appears to be DOA. The...
  3. XBOX wireless adapter for windows 10 "driver issue"

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX wireless adapter for windows 10 "driver issue": I cannot use my adapter due to a "driver error" I cannot solve, I updated the driver, reinstalled it, updated windows but the issue is still there and all I know is that there is a "Driver error"...
  4. Xbox One controller not connecting with wireless adapter - Windows 10 64b

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller not connecting with wireless adapter - Windows 10 64b: Hi! I have and Xbox One joystick that used to work with my adapter. The last time I used them both was like 4 months ago. The adapter is working, I can see it in the Devices tab and when I press...
  5. Manette Xbox One Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 ne se synchronisent plus

in XBoX on Windows
    Manette Xbox One Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 ne se synchronisent plus: Hey les gamers, J’ai besoin de votre aide pour faire marcher nouveau ma manette Xbox One sur PC (Geforce Experience Ultimate - Windows 10) avec le Wireless Adaptateur. Je vous remercie par...
  6. Windows 10 + XBOX 360 Wireless Adapter / Controller don't work anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 + XBOX 360 Wireless Adapter / Controller don't work anymore: I connected two different XBOX 360 Wireless Adapter on three different Windows 10 PCs. All with the latest Version of WIndows 10 and never had connected with the Wireless Adapter before: nothing...
  7. xbox 360 Wireless Adapter device driver for windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 Wireless Adapter device driver for windows 10: Not sure why the moderator closed my previous posting! It wasn't that old and was never resolved. It's obvious that I'm not the only one having issues. Can Microsoft provide drivers to download...
  8. Xbox wireless adapter doesn't show up on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox wireless adapter doesn't show up on Windows 10: Hi. About a month ago I bought an Xbox controller with a wireless adapter so I can play on my PC. It worked just fine but when I unplugged the adapter from pc and then plugged it back in it didn't...
  9. network adapters ของ xbox wireless adapter for windows ไม่ขึ้น [Adapters Network Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    network adapters ของ xbox wireless adapter for windows ไม่ขึ้น [Adapters Network Xbox...: พอดี network adapters ของ xbox wireless adapter for windows ไม่ขึ้นครับ แล้วต้องแก้ยังไง ส่วน adapter ของ xbox พอเสียบเข้ากับ pc แล้วกดไปไฟไม่ติด แล้วขึ้นว่า xbox acc driver is unavailable...
  10. Pilote introuvable Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 [Edit - Translation] - Driver Not Found...

in XBoX on Windows
    Pilote introuvable Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 [Edit - Translation] - Driver Not Found...: Bonjour, j'ai récemment acheté l'adaptateur pour connecter les manettes xbox sur windows 10. Cependant lorsque je le branche il est détecté mais pas bien reconnu. Il est designé comme XBOX ACC...