Xbox Wireless Adapter stopped working suddenly

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Adapter stopped working suddenly in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Recently I've upgraded my computer, which required a BIOS update to the motherboard. During the update I had left all USB devices plugged into my PC,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DiddyDong, May 23, 2020.

1. DiddyDong
    DiddyDong Guest

Recently I've upgraded my computer, which required a BIOS update to the motherboard. During the update I had left all USB devices plugged into my PC, including the adapter. All of them worked fine after the update except, well... The adapter. Ive tried
    everything including updating drivers, windows, restarting, and other USB slots, but nothing works. Ive even plugged it into another laptop to see if it works there, but I get the same "USB device has malfunctioned" error. I'm guessing it's the BIOS update
    that somehow broke the USB, and I'd like to know if I can fix it, or atleast if it's even possible for a BIOS update to affect connected USB devices. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

DiddyDong, May 23, 2020
  2. DarthPapaBear Win User

Must test connection before I can connect to Xbox Live

Live is up & running. I am not banned or suspended.

I tried a wired connection & it worked immediately. I have now reset the network setup with the wireless, and on first start up it worked, but this has happened before. On 2nd start up, it has worked again. We'll see if it continues, but I have my doubts.
    Is it possible my wireless adapter (it's the official xbox wireless adapter, but it is quite old) simply stopped working correctly? I have another wireless adapter (not microsoft or official xbox) that I can try.
  3. Grimmer Win User

Xbox Live Adapter keeps switching off and on or loses connection randomly

The adapter DEFINATELY isn't the problem though. I tried two that were in perfect working condition, its just for some reason a few days ago it suddenly stopped working and kept deciding to disconnect me.
  4. Mister Fitzer Win User

Wireless adapter has stopped working!

If the adapter is lighting up when it's plugged into ANY of the USB ports, then it will need to be replaced. To be sure, you can try it on a different console. When was it purchased? Xbox 360 accessories have a 90-day warranty when purchased new.
  5. Mister Fitzer Win User

Wireless Adapter Randomly Stopped Working???

Is there any light coming through when it's plugged into any one of the USB ports on the console? If not, then it sounds like the adapter will have to be replaced.
  6. A Blank Page Empire Win User

Xbox one wireless adapter stopped working.

I’ve had this exact problem happen now with 3 of them. Yes 3. Microsoft support has been absolutely no help.

Fortunately for this latest one it was purchased in march on Amazon so i will be able to return it for a refund.

Absolute garbage product.
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter stopped working suddenly - Similar Threads - Wireless Adapter stopped

2. Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not connecting

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not connecting: Recently I had purchased a Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 to connect my Turtle Beach Stealth 600 to my Laptop. I've asked Best Buy and Turtle Beach and both say you can connect the headset using...
  3. Logitech g933 spectrum headset is not active or compatible using wireless adapter on Xbox X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Logitech g933 spectrum headset is not active or compatible using wireless adapter on Xbox X: Hi, This is such a disappointing issue, I purchased this headset without paying attention that in the near future I would purchase an Xbox which is not compatible, then throw the feature of a...
  4. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller and Wireless Adapter for Windows (stopped working)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller and Wireless Adapter for Windows (stopped working): I have an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller and a Wireless Adapter for Windows. I am running Windows 10 on my PC. My Wireless Adapter for Windows stopped working today after I started my computer....
  5. Xbox one wireless adapter stopped working.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one wireless adapter stopped working.: My wireless adapter stopped working. every time i plug it in the message usb device not recognized pops up. In the device manager it says 'Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)'....
  6. Wireless Controller Adapter stopped working

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Controller Adapter stopped working: Hello, i have a problem with my "Microsoft Xbox One Wireless Controller Adapter for Windows". Adapter has worked for over a year without a problem, but now the controller over the adapter does...
  7. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Faulty Wifi adapter - Stops working intermittently

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: Faulty Wifi adapter - Stops working intermittently: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Faulty Wifi adapter - Stops working intermittently Hi, I'm facing a problem with my Xbox one X. Sometimes my console won't recognize any WiFi networks. I can't see my...
  8. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox One wireless adapter has stopped working properly since Windows ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox One wireless adapter has stopped working properly since Windows ...: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox One wireless adapter has stopped working properly since Windows update Ever since I got an update on January 23rd, the adapter refuses to stay connected to my Xbox...
  9. Wireless stopped working, says I need network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless stopped working, says I need network adapter?: My 3 year old 360 started kicking me out of Live, stalling when streaming, disconnecting from online apps, etc. a few weeks ago, and countless trips to the support pages didn't stop the issue. We...
  10. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows stopped working: Hello, i have a wireless xbox 360 controller and the adapter stopped working. The light on it is off. It's looks like my computer don't detect it anymore. That don't come from the USB port,...