Xbox Wireless Controller Disconnecting on Windows 11

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Controller Disconnecting on Windows 11 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently clean installed Windows 11 on my PC and I have two new model Xbox controllers that won't stay connected. About every 5 minutes they... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Saymatoe, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Saymatoe
    Saymatoe Guest

I recently clean installed Windows 11 on my PC and I have two new model Xbox controllers that won't stay connected. About every 5 minutes they disconnect while I'm playing a game. Drivers are updated, I've tried using the built-in Bluetooth on my motherboard, and I've tried purchasing the Xbox controller dongle and the result is the same. I've tried disabling the power management settings for Bluetooth and USB, it still disconnects. It's making me nuts, any other suggestions would be appreciated.

-

:)

Saymatoe, Jan 15, 2022
  2. dearjenna Win User

Does the wireless adapter help the controller disconnect problem?

3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox Controller for Windows 10 keeps disconnecting every 10 minutes

4. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox One Wireless Controller randomly disconnects from PC

Hello Robin,

Thanks for coming to the forums. Sorry for the issue with controller disconnecting. Have you tried the controller without the GeForce? Some third party accessories can cause issues with other accessories. Also can try out the troubleshooter for

wireless adapter on Windows

Thanks,

Brad
  5. MattyRums Win User

Since "cortana" update my controller disconnect issues have returned

6. XBF Lance J Win User

Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting

Hey Ryan,

Sorry to hear about your controller. If you haven't already, try having your PC forget the controller and disconnect. If it still continues to disconnect, try uninstalling and reinstalling the controller drivers by following our

Wireless Controller Setup.
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Controller Disconnecting on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Wireless Controller Disconnecting

2. wireless bluetooth controlled keeps disconnecting from PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    wireless bluetooth controlled keeps disconnecting from PC.: just as title says. tried pretty much everything i could find online, nothing works. yes, i updated the drivers. yes, i tried disconnecting and reconnecting. yes, i restarted my pc. yes, i...
  3. Wireless Controller For Xbox One Keeps Disconnecting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wireless Controller For Xbox One Keeps Disconnecting: I have a wireless controller for xbox one and I recently bought a game on steam that requires a controller and I played the game but sometimes when I press a button such as "A" to jump its either...
  4. Wireless Controller and Headset keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Controller and Headset keep disconnecting: So I have a generation 1 elite controller and a gen 1 turtle beach stealth 700 Headset. The past 5 months both keep disconnecting at random times and keep doing it for 30 mins to a hour then it...
  5. Xbox Series X wireless headset/controller disconnect issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X wireless headset/controller disconnect issues: Hi all, My headset (TurtleBeach Stealth 700 Gen 2) and my controller (Elite Series 2) disconnect frequently during use. Both my headset and controller have the latest firmware updates on them. My...
  6. Why use a cable to fix series x controller disconnecting when we all paid for a wireless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why use a cable to fix series x controller disconnecting when we all paid for a wireless...: Getting sick of this now. Controller works fine for weeks , then plays up again, constantly disconnecting. Tried all the updates etc and still same issue. To make matters worse, they expect you to...
  7. Controller and Wireless Headset Disconnecting

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller and Wireless Headset Disconnecting: I have noticed when playing games with my friends or even by myself, my controller disconnects and the Xbox button starts blinking like it is trying to pair with the Xbox. The headset starts...
  8. My Xbox controller when wireless bugs out and disconnects on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox controller when wireless bugs out and disconnects on pc: I recently got a new xbox series controller for my pc, so i went and connected it throught bluetooth. So i started playing Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain and i realized i was at first getting...
  9. Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 random disconnects on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 random disconnects on pc: Controller completely shuts off randomly. Fully charged. This wasn't a problem the first few months I had it. Recently it is happening nightly. 9e105b3d-ce49-4c80-88d1-c16bf3ed216f
  10. Controller disconnecting when turning off wireless head set - connection problems with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnecting when turning off wireless head set - connection problems with...: After a long wait and looking forward to my xbox series x - I have experienced plenty of issues for the "next gen" console. I have a Razer Thresher wireless headset - sometimes the sound distorts...