Xbox Wireless Display work on mac?

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Display work on mac? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I am looking for clarification on how exactly the xbox wireless display app works. Can it connect to my pc/mac and play my steam library through... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ebenyoung, Sep 21, 2020.

1. ebenyoung
    ebenyoung Guest

Hey,

I am looking for clarification on how exactly the xbox wireless display app works. Can it connect to my pc/mac and play my steam library through the console? Or does it just mirror it. From the dicussion ive seen it looks like it just mirrors the pc and
    doesnt actually use the console itself to play the games. Im trying to figure out if I can run my steam library on the xbox series s.

Thanks in advance,

Eben

:)

ebenyoung, Sep 21, 2020
  2. A Wraith God Win User

Xbox one

Unfortunately this would only work through wireless display. Here is a
    link
    to a FULL explanation and official tweets
  3. ngocphi Win User

Hey,

I am looking for clarification on how exactly the xbox wireless display app works. Can it connect to my pc/mac and play my steam library through the console? Or does it just mirror it. From the dicussion ive seen it looks like it just mirrors the pc and
    doesnt actually use the console itself to play the games. Im trying to figure out if I can run my steam library on the xbox series s.

Thanks in advance,

Eben
    Its to send q video signal of your xbox display to a computer without using cable

Of course this can cause latency
  4. Wardgom Win User

Wireless display app not working

I agree that this does match what I have seen.

What I cannot fathom is why the dev team did not anticipate a very common use case:

Xbox One connected to wired LAN - because it is not portable and I will always use a wired connection when it is available...right?

Portable Device (phone, tablet, laptop) connected to WIFi- because it is portable and I do not want the hassle of a cable... right?

Yet this scenario appears to be the one the dev team overlooked...right?
  5. Deathstomper79 Win User

same here. I have been working at this all day. Customer support didn't even know what I was talking about until I told him to look it up. He then said oh yeah I see that multiple people are having the issue. Then he just said look in the forums for the
    answer. I couldn't believe he said that to me. Well I feel we have a strong community here so, I am hoping that the issue can be resolved.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello!

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please
    create a new thread. We will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming!
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Display work on mac? - Similar Threads - Wireless Display mac

2. Wireless display app, controller not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wireless display app, controller not working: Hi I have connected the laptop to the display of the Xbox and can move the mouse pointer around ok, however no buttons are working so cant click on anything on the laptop or start a game on...
  3. Xbox wireless display app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox wireless display app: I live remotely and would find this feature of benifit. By pre down loading and streamin Films &TV content offline. I just got my s20 and the phone has a visable wireless network now on the Xbox...
  4. Wireless display to Xbox one

in XBoX on Mobile
    Wireless display to Xbox one: Hello I am trying to use the Wireless Display with my Xbox one. I just downloaded the app to the Xbox and hooked the com up to it and I can see the com on my xbox but I do not have the " Allow...
  5. Wireless Display on Xbox One not appearing in the connect section on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Display on Xbox One not appearing in the connect section on Windows 10: My wireless display app on my Xbox One will not appear when I try to connect to a wireless display on Windows 10. Is there a fix? I've tried uninstalling it, and restarting both the PC and Xbox...
  6. Wireless display app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wireless display app: My Android device is not connecting to the wireless display app. cc230601-e953-47af-a3e6-e5460a30a052
  7. Wireless display poor performance compared to steam link

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless display poor performance compared to steam link: I'm trying to use wireless display to stream PC games to my xbox one, but I can't get it running that well. Steam link works fine on my TV, when the bandwith is set to unlimited. I can get...
  8. Wireless display app

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless display app: So im trying to use the wireless display to cast from my pc to xbox one x. I have set up the app on my xbox one, but cant find the xbox under the connect option on my pc. It doesnt show up as a...
  9. Wireless Display App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wireless Display App: I am trying to play my steam games through my Xbox One X. Both are hard wire connected to my home network. I am able to connect to the Xbox one and "duplicate" my screen with the wireless display...
  10. Trying to use my XB1 to screen share via Wireless Display from my Pixel2 phone.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to use my XB1 to screen share via Wireless Display from my Pixel2 phone.: My XB1 uses a network cable and the "Wireless Display" <-- App used for the screen sharing uses WiFi. I unplugged every thing and connected to the XB1 to the home wifi (verified that I was...