Xbox Wireless Headset Chat Mixer not working

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Headset Chat Mixer not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have Xbox series S and use an Xbox Wireless Headset for gaming. I mainly play Warzone/Vanguard and have had no problem until very recently. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BatchSnr, Nov 23, 2021.

1. BatchSnr
    BatchSnr Guest

I have Xbox series S and use an Xbox Wireless Headset for gaming. I mainly play Warzone/Vanguard and have had no problem until very recently. I have noticed that over the last 10 days or so, I cannot hear any chat, although my mic is working and I can be heard. All other game sounds are fine.

I have tried a hard reset of the headset.

I have tried a console reset.

I have noticed that in my audio & music settings my headset chat mixer is greyed out.

Turning the dial on the left hand earpiece does nothing in game any more.

Any suggestions?

:)

BatchSnr, Nov 23, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Batch welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. This has worked for me:

Open the Xbox Guide by pressing the guide button on the controller and select

Settings.

Select Network Settings.

Select Advanced Settings.

Under Change Settings select Alternate MAC Address.

Select Clear.

Allow the console to restart when prompted.
  3. MarkPeterson7 Win User

Disable Game Audio on headset for Xbox one

I assume there has been an update, as I can not see/find a chat mixer that allows me to hear chat only in my wireless headset--- is there any other method to use to adjust headset to chat only?
  4. RobertErpelding Win User

Xbox one elite series 2 no audio

UPDATE.

I figured it out.

Hard reset the xbox with the headset plugged in. The new controller has the chat mixer turned all the way to chat and not to game . Put the mixer back to the middle and it works. Without the hard restart, the option to adjust the chat mixer is gone.
  5. bowski477 Win User

Elite Controller Series 2 connect BlueTooth headset

There are currently no bluetooth headsets available for Xbox One. There are a number of wireless headset options on the market though. The Xbox 360 Wireless chat headset would not work with it.
  6. Frathos Win User

headsets not working after last update Xbox one

Are you plugging your headset into your controller? If so then have you checked the console Chat Mixer settings to see if it has been set to 100% Game Audio? The newer Dashboard has the Chat Mixer at the bottom of the Xbox nexus Home tab (bottom right speaker
    icon). If you see the Headset Chat Mixer slider is all the way to one side (eg Game) then move it towards the other side. Normally it would be at 50/50 mark.

If you have an older Dashboard then you'll have to look for the tab that includes the Chat or Audio setting (sorry, I don't recall whether everyone has been updated to the newer Dashboard style yet) and check/change the adjustments there.

If you have a wireless headset (eg Astro A50 series) then the Chat Mixer setting is adjusted on the headset itself. I'm guessing you don't have this type headset though as the Chat Mixer setting usually resets back to the middle (50% Game, 50% Chat) every
    time the console is restarted. Note that when an Astro A50 series is connected, the console Chat Mixer settings are grayed out since you have to make the adjustments on the headset itself.

Good luck!
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Headset Chat Mixer not working - Similar Threads - Wireless Headset Chat

2. Microsoft wireless headset chat mixer stuck!

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft wireless headset chat mixer stuck!: I have had my Xbox Series X and Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headphones for 2 days. Have had issues with the headphones not playing audio since the beginning. Today I noticed that the chat mixer is all...
  3. Xbox wireless headset robotic sound on party chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset robotic sound on party chat.: Hello all. Yesterday I got a new Xbox wireless headset, paired with my Series X. I got sound and all good. When my friends joined the party I heard them as if they were robots. Changing the...
  4. Microsoft Wireless Headset does not work volume ring between voice chat and game on PC...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Wireless Headset does not work volume ring between voice chat and game on PC...: Hi guys, just like the title says, I'm having trouble with the volume control ring between chat and PC play. My headphones are connected to the PC via an Xbox adapter. Started the game, sound...
  5. xbox wireless headset chat dial issues on pc

in XboX Insiders
    xbox wireless headset chat dial issues on pc: Hi i have the new xbox wireless headset using on pc with the xbox wireless adapter. the issue is the chat dial on the left doesnt work. only the volume control on the right. it use to work fine...
  6. Xbox Wireless Headset w/ adapter, chat mixer dial won't work on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Headset w/ adapter, chat mixer dial won't work on PC: Is there any workaround or planned fix for this? I love the headset, but not being able to use the chat mixer is a huge turn-off in online gaming. 26dd7964-9908-4195-850b-8b4739739865
  7. Xbox Wireless Headset w/ adapter, chat mixer dial won't work on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset w/ adapter, chat mixer dial won't work on PC: Is there any workaround or planned fix for this? I love the headset, but not being able to use the chat mixer is a huge turn-off in online gaming. submitted by /u/Afumetsu [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox wireless headset 2021 chat mixer not working!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wireless headset 2021 chat mixer not working!: So I’ve had the new Xbox wireless headset for about 2 weeks and all was fine until 2 days ago the game audio was really low but the chat audio was high looking further I noticed the headset chat...
  9. Xbox wireless headset mic is muffled in game party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic is muffled in game party chat: Today I used for the first time my new xbox wireless headset, I was playing warzone in game chat when my friends told me that they were hearing me not as usual, like more strange, such as my voice...
  10. Xbox Wireless Headset Party Chat Mic Quality?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset Party Chat Mic Quality?: When using discord, instagram calls, and an audio recorder the mic seemed perfectly fine however once I wrnt into party chat my friends startes saying that the mic quality is very poor and sounds...