Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Too Sensitive

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Too Sensitive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recenly got a Xbox Wireless Headset. The audio is great. I have it updated to the latest firmware. My only gripe is the microphone. It picks up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Maverick2311, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Maverick2311
    Maverick2311 Guest

Recenly got a Xbox Wireless Headset. The audio is great. I have it updated to the latest firmware.

My only gripe is the microphone. It picks up everything. There is no auto mute because it hears sounds across the room and thinks I am talking right to the mic.. Auto Mute is set High, mic monitering is set to mediim. Hard reset didn't help. Its very annoying to people i talk to because they hear everything around me.

Is this a known issue and is MS working on a fix?

:)

Maverick2311, Jan 15, 2022
  2. medium bloke Win User

Microphone to sensitive

Hi, as far as I'm aware, there isn't currently a way to alter the microphone sensitivity. However, the headset you use isn't an official Microsoft Xbox headset, so perhaps it's the hardware in that microphone/headset that makes it so sensitive, my Xbox headset
    is just fine.
  3. NickFragz Win User

Headset audio leak through headset mics, only on Xbox.

Microphone sensitivity is set in the AUDIO tab. After pressing the Xbox button on the sprocket. Of course you need to have a connected headset.
    I don't know of any microphone sensitivity settings on Xbox even with a headset connected. The only things I have ever had are mic on / off, volume, chat / game balance and mic monitoring. People have complained Xbox needs a mic sensitivity setting forever,
    so I'm not sure if this is accurate?
  4. Jurgen1488 Win User

Headset audio leak through headset mics, only on Xbox.

Microphone sensitivity is set in the AUDIO tab. After pressing the Xbox button on the sprocket. Of course you need to have a connected headset.
  5. dananjaya_799 Win User

Xbox voice chat

When you plug in your headset to your phone does it still work. Also at the audio setting you can adjust microphone sensitivity
    Yes it works well. i have no issue with the headset because i take whatsapp calls and all. i also set the microphone sensitivity to max. Still the issue persists
  6. ThornlessJacob Win User

Xbox wireless headset with bluetooth TOO sensitive

Hi guys - I just bought mine today, and are having the same problem as Andrew02695... Hate yelling in the Night, with my brother sleeping in the room next to me. Can i Somehow make it more sensitive, so that i can talk in a normal way, avoiding loud conversations?
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Too Sensitive - Similar Threads - Wireless Headset Microphone

2. Wireless headset updated, now everyone hears static/crackling over my talking.

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless headset updated, now everyone hears static/crackling over my talking.: Any ideas? Thanks everyone. submitted by /u/BigSt3ph3n [link] [comments]
  3. Does anyone have an idea what was in the update for the Xbox wireless headset?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have an idea what was in the update for the Xbox wireless headset?: Couldn't find it anywhere submitted by /u/gimel182 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox wireless headset bricked after update!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wireless headset bricked after update!: I’m on the latest alpha build and got prompted to update my Xbox wireless headset when I turned it on. The update completed as normal on the screen. After finishing however the headset will now...
  5. My Razer kaira pro wireless and Razer thresher headsets keeps disconnecting

in XboX Insiders
    My Razer kaira pro wireless and Razer thresher headsets keeps disconnecting: For that past 4 Days I haven't be able to connect my wireless headset to my Xbox one x. When I turn on my headset they keep connecting and disconnecting continuously. I already have tried hard...
  6. Xbox Wireless Headset - Picking Up too much sound from microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset - Picking Up too much sound from microphone: Was playing Halo last night and the people I played with noticed that the mic was picking up all sorts of sound - including game sound and their voices coming from the headphones. Is this a known...
  7. New Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Quality

in XBoX on Windows
    New Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Quality: I have the new (released March 2021) Xbox Wireless Headset along with the wireless adapter for Windows 10. I'm using this on a Lenovo laptop and the reason why I got it was for Teams calls....
  8. Xbox Wireless Headset - Microphone not functional

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset - Microphone not functional: Hi All, when connecting my new Wireless headset wirelessly, the Microphone of the headset is not working. When connected via wire, everything works and the headset is even recognized in the...
  9. Microsoft PC wired or wireless controllers with not work with my Headset microphone.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft PC wired or wireless controllers with not work with my Headset microphone.: This is beyond frustrating. My headset microphone will not work with either of my Microsoft PC controllers. However, it will work flawlessly with 2 different after market controllers with no...
  10. Wired versus wireless controllers and microphone headsets...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired versus wireless controllers and microphone headsets...: Does anyone have any advise on weather it is more effective to have a headset with a microphone connected to a wired or wireless xbox 360 controller? I do understand that the wireless would have...