Xbox Wireless Headset sound issues in Microsoft games (PC)

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Headset sound issues in Microsoft games (PC) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So this is a known issue, that when you connect via official Xbox dongle, with Xbox Wireless Headset, your sound starts cutting out in games with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kressnik, Nov 18, 2021.

1. kressnik
    kressnik Guest

So this is a known issue, that when you connect via official Xbox dongle, with Xbox Wireless Headset, your sound starts cutting out in games with spatial audio. The problem is MS doesn't allow to turn off that spatial audio in their games, so this results in their games being unplayable with their hardware. What the actual hell? Is there a way to force headset to not use spatial audio (System>Sound doesn't help, because the game still lags like crazy), or force Halo Infinite at least to not use spatial?

:)

kressnik, Nov 18, 2021
  2. Vertigo057 Win User

Chat Headsets

100% agree. I have a nice sound system for my gaming audio. I want a nice wireless headset for my chat as well. It's a shame Microsoft no longer makes a wireless headset.
  3. skys7 Win User

Quick question about the 360 bluetooth wireless headset.

^

Yes it is.

The standard wireless xbox headset sound is better then the standard xbox cable headset sound
  4. Aeterna Soul Win User

Wireless Headsets on Xbox One

"I'm keeping the Arctis 7 headset in spite of Xbox One's inability to honor the devices wireless capabilities."

- The issue is that the headset is not designed to work with the Xbox One.

- It's up to the hardware/headset manufacturer to make the device compatible with the console

Compatibility (from their website)

PC / MAC / Playstation / VR / Mobile

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-7
    I get what you're saying but my point is that Microsoft, being the creator of Xbox & Windows (the latter being the preferred OS for gaming), is ultimately responsible for failing to incorporate a broader range of support for wireless headsets in their console.
    The headset has zero problem connecting to my PC wirelessly through the USB unit. I don't think it'd require much effort on Microsoft's part to expand Xbox One's ability to do the same. One could enlighten me though. :)
  5. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Wireless Headsets on Xbox One

I get what you're saying but my point is that Microsoft, being the creator of Xbox & Windows (the latter being the preferred OS for gaming), is ultimately responsible for failing to incorporate a broader range of support for wireless headsets in their console.
    The headset has zero problem connecting to my PC wirelessly through the USB unit. I don't think it'd require much effort on Microsoft's part to expand Xbox One's ability to do the same. One could enlighten me though. :)
    You tell me which is more likely; A) Microsoft will buy every company that makes headsets and force them to make headsets based on their products (kinda like what apple did with Beats headsets) or B) Microsoft will provide each specific headset manufacturer
    that wants to make a headset for the Xbox One, the specific to make a wireless communication necessary to communicate for the Xbox One, as Microsoft has already done for numerous headset manufacturers.

If you want a wireless headset for your Xbox One, you can buy one right now. Just check with the headset manufacturer first. I doubt Sony is going to reach out to Microsoft/Xbox and say "Hey, we'd like to make a headset that works with your Xbox" but it's
    up to Sony to do that. Blaming Xbox for not working with brand "XYZ" headset doesn't seem feasible to me.

And in regards to PC headsets, well again, its the headset manufacturer that has to make their own drivers for their own headset to work on a PC.
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

turtle beach stealth 600

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the headset. According to the Turtle Beach page https://www.turtlebeach.com/products/stealth-600-headset-xbox-one?variant=7763423592492 the
    headset can be used with compatible Windows 10 PC's and may need an Xbox wireless adapter for Windows.

XBOX WIRELESS

Xbox Wireless provides you with a best-in-class wireless gaming audio experience on Xbox One (and compatible Windows 10** PCs) by letting you connect your headset directly to your Xbox One without an adapter, the same way
    your Xbox One wireless controller connects to the console. Xbox Wireless automatically configures the headset’s connection, so just turn-on the headset and start playing. **May require Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows (not included).
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Headset sound issues in Microsoft games (PC) - Similar Threads - Wireless Headset sound

2. Xbox Wireless Headset - Picking Up too much sound from microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset - Picking Up too much sound from microphone: Was playing Halo last night and the people I played with noticed that the mic was picking up all sorts of sound - including game sound and their voices coming from the headphones. Is this a known...
  3. Series X Wireless Headset no sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Wireless Headset no sound: Worked perfect for the last few days since I bought it. Now I get no sound from it. I hear the headphones action tones but no game sound or menu sound etc. I’ve tried every audio setting. Hard...
  4. Xbox wireless headset robotic sound on party chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset robotic sound on party chat.: Hello all. Yesterday I got a new Xbox wireless headset, paired with my Series X. I got sound and all good. When my friends joined the party I heard them as if they were robots. Changing the...
  5. Xbox wireless headset flips between not being able to hear in game sounds and not being...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset flips between not being able to hear in game sounds and not being...: I launch apex and try to talk to a friend. I can hear him but he can't hear me. I have checked the settings and there's no response from the mic monitor bar although I can hear the mic monitoring...
  6. Just received my Xbox wireless headset ( the $100) sounds great but friends tell me the mic...

in XboX Insiders
    Just received my Xbox wireless headset ( the $100) sounds great but friends tell me the mic...: Really like how this headset sounds and the dials offer on the fly volume control but my friends keep saying the mic quality is really bad. I did some experimentation and found out that while on...
  7. the new xbox wireless headset keeps shutting off after 10 20 min and why my speaker sound...

in XBoX on Windows
    the new xbox wireless headset keeps shutting off after 10 20 min and why my speaker sound...: dose anyone know why the new xbox wireless headset keeps turning off after 10 20 min i have no idea why not low on battery or anything had it charged but it just keeps shutting off on me like its...
  8. Xbox Wireless Headset - No sound when logged in with Cortna

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Headset - No sound when logged in with Cortna: I've tried looking for a answer for this online but able to find anything. Is anyone else having issues when using the Xbox Wireless Headset as soon as you log into Cortana the sound completely...
  9. No sound through wireless headset

in XBoX Accessibility
    No sound through wireless headset: So i bought the new microsoft wireless headset and when i connect it to my iphone it works flawlessly but if i connect it to my xbox one it doesn’t switch to the headset i still get the music...
  10. Wireless controller doesn't work with wired headset, but still passes sound tests

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless controller doesn't work with wired headset, but still passes sound tests: Perhaps someone can help me with an inexplicable audio problem I've been having. Today, I went and bought a new wireless Xbox One controller; from Microsoft, not aftermarket or anything. I then...