Xbox Wireless Headset Sounding Gritty after Turning on Microphone

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Headset Sounding Gritty after Turning on Microphone in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have Just bought (about 4 days ago) a new Xbox wireless headset and every time I try using the microphone on apex legends or any other game or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gcblack813, May 28, 2022.

1. Gcblack813
    Gcblack813 Guest

Hello, I have Just bought (about 4 days ago) a new Xbox wireless headset and every time I try using the microphone on apex legends or any other game or even app with my PC the audio starts to sound gritty and off. I tried updating it to see if that would work but it did nothing. But I have found that it will work just fine if I plug it into my PC with the charging cable. I was going to return it but just in case I don't I am asking for help.

:)

Gcblack813, May 28, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Oh, let me see if I understand clearly

This happens if you connect via bluetooth your controller and your headset at the same time to your PC, right?
  4. Gcblack813 Win User

I am just using it just through Bluetooth. I don't have another Bluetooth headset but if I use it with my wired one it works just fine.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

It's okay, don't worry

I'm thinking couple options more:

1. Try uninstalling the most recent windows update, just in case it is the one that is causing conflicts

2. If you're on Windows 11, downgrade to 10 and try again. Or do the opposite case if you're able to upgrade to 11.

3. Perform a clean boot keeping games and files on your actual Windows version, in that way you're going to have a clean installation of windows system. For all this, in the link below you can see steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Headset Sounding Gritty after Turning on Microphone - Similar Threads - Wireless Headset Sounding

2. Xbox Wireless Headset no sources sound after firmware update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset no sources sound after firmware update: After updating my Xbox Wireless Headset yesterday trough the Xbox Accesories Windows App I can't hear my PC audio. The headset its being recognized properly trough USB Cable or Bluetooth but still...
  3. Xbox Wireless Headset no game sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset no game sound: Hi mates, Last 2 weeks (1 year usage of headset) I met a first problem. So, when in team I can hear anybody and they can hear me. But there is no sound of game. It appears for a moment when im...
  4. Microsoft Wireless Headset - Sound Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Wireless Headset - Sound Issues: I have my headset attached to my xbox and my PC via bluetooth and am running windows 10. When I do anything on the PC related to voice such as a discord call, clicking on the recording options in...
  5. Xbox wireless headset mic sound issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic sound issue: Hello. I tried every settings but i cant find solution for this problem. when i tried talk with headseti my sound goes scratcht to my friends. i also tried with mobile phone. i had same problem...
  6. Xbox Wireless Headset on PC sounds like muddled garbage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset on PC sounds like muddled garbage: Keeping things short and simple, I have an Xbox Wireless headset, and I can only really get Discord to sound clear on it. Everything else I've tried has sounded like I'm trying to listen to it...
  7. Xbox Wireless headset. Choppy - broken sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset. Choppy - broken sound: I have the Xbox wireless headset. Recently the sound has been almost robotic / broken / choppy. It's very frustrating. I did a search and most people are suggesting it's an issue with the Dongle,...
  8. Xbox Wireless Headset sound issues in Microsoft games (PC)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset sound issues in Microsoft games (PC): So this is a known issue, that when you connect via official Xbox dongle, with Xbox Wireless Headset, your sound starts cutting out in games with spatial audio. The problem is MS doesn't allow to...
  9. Xbox Wireless Headset - Picking Up too much sound from microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset - Picking Up too much sound from microphone: Was playing Halo last night and the people I played with noticed that the mic was picking up all sorts of sound - including game sound and their voices coming from the headphones. Is this a known...
  10. Series X Wireless Headset no sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Wireless Headset no sound: Worked perfect for the last few days since I bought it. Now I get no sound from it. I hear the headphones action tones but no game sound or menu sound etc. I’ve tried every audio setting. Hard...