: Xbox wont connect to my hotspot

Discus and support : Xbox wont connect to my hotspot in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox wont connect to my hotspot Well, your console has to connect to the Hotspot. The Hotspot only provides WiFi, and does not connect to devices... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Wraxp ttv, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Wraxp ttv
    Wraxp ttv Guest

Well, your console has to connect to the Hotspot. The Hotspot only provides WiFi, and does not connect to devices itself.

Set up your Hotspot to be visible. If you use a smartphone as Hotspot, be aware that you can NOT use Bluetooth as tethering method. The phone needs to use WiFi to share it's cellular connection.

Some modern phones are able to bridge a WiFi connection, but usually, if you set up a WiFi hotspot on your phone, the connection to WiFi gets disconnected, and the phone connects to the Internet via it's cellular network, and shares that connection via WiFi.

Go to your console's network settings and let it search for WiFi networks. Does your Hotspot SSID (Network Name) show up in the list?

If not, check your phone settings.

If the SSID shows up on the console, connect to it, and provide the Password that the phone provides (or that you set up in your phone for the Hotspot).

Depending on your cellular data plan, it might not be permitted to use Laptops, PCs or consoles via cellular hotspot. In that case contact your phone provider.

Also be aware, that multiplayer through such a hotspot is usually problematic.

:)

Wraxp ttv, Sep 6, 2019
  2. larnellsmith Win User

xbox connetion

why my xbox wont connect to the internet when my internet is on
    Why would my Xbox connect to my hotspot or internet
  3. napalm 31337 Win User

Xbox wont connect to my hotspot

My hotspot won't connect to my xbox why and what's the problem
    Can you provide additional information? You can't see wifi or you see it but get connection refused?
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Well, your console has to connect to the Hotspot. The Hotspot only provides WiFi, and does not connect to devices itself.

Set up your Hotspot to be visible. If you use a smartphone as Hotspot, be aware that you can NOT use Bluetooth as tethering method. The phone needs to use WiFi to share it's cellular connection.

Some modern phones are able to bridge a WiFi connection, but usually, if you set up a WiFi hotspot on your phone, the connection to WiFi gets disconnected, and the phone connects to the Internet via it's cellular network, and shares that connection via WiFi.

Go to your console's network settings and let it search for WiFi networks. Does your Hotspot SSID (Network Name) show up in the list?

If not, check your phone settings.

If the SSID shows up on the console, connect to it, and provide the Password that the phone provides (or that you set up in your phone for the Hotspot).

Depending on your cellular data plan, it might not be permitted to use Laptops, PCs or consoles via cellular hotspot. In that case contact your phone provider.

Also be aware, that multiplayer through such a hotspot is usually problematic.
  5. TaughtBarrel Win User

Hi, it might have something to do with your data plan. I connected mine once with my phone which was 4G and a pretty strong connection.
  6. Ricardo Cintra Win User

You tryed reinstall your profile our remake your network configuration?
Thema:

1. : Xbox wont connect to my hotspot - Similar Threads - wont connect hotspot

2. why wont my box connect to internet error code 0x800713AB

in XBoX Accessibility
    why wont my box connect to internet error code 0x800713AB: why wont my xbox connect to internet 84ee9ebb-aeaa-44fb-8819-3e6468b0ecc1
  3. xbox one connects to router, but wont allow internet access (netflix shows stop at 25% buffer)

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one connects to router, but wont allow internet access (netflix shows stop at 25% buffer): Hi all, this only started 2 days ago, cannot explain why. We have not changed any settings. Netflix shows stop buffering at 25%, games will not load. Cannot connect to Xbox live. I connect...
  4. Sagemcom F@st 5250: MY Xbox1 wont connect to the internet with a direct wired connection,...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Sagemcom F@st 5250: MY Xbox1 wont connect to the internet with a direct wired connection,...: Sagemcom F@st 5250: MY Xbox1 wont connect to the internet with a direct wired connection, but does connect wirelessly. Why is this an issue? I would suggest trying this solution. Alternatively,...
  5. why will my xbox360 not recognize my outlook.com email account and wont let me connect to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why will my xbox360 not recognize my outlook.com email account and wont let me connect to...: my xbox360 wont let me connect to xbox live feb5617f-50f2-4f90-9671-1dac9fefa342
  6. Panasonic TC-50PS60: Xbox wont connect/work properly

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Panasonic TC-50PS60: Xbox wont connect/work properly: Panasonic (Televisions) TC-50PS60: Xbox wont connect/work properly 1. Do a hard restart, by holding the power button for 10 seconds. 2. If that doesn't work, perform a factory reset without...
  7. xbow wont connect to tv or to my controller after it froze

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbow wont connect to tv or to my controller after it froze: so my xbox froze I tried to turn it off but it wouldn't so I unplugged it then when I plugged it in again I turned it on and it wont show up on tv and wont connect to controller...
  8. Xbox wont connect to wifi when signed in disconnects when signed in

Xbox wont connect to wifi when signed in disconnects when signed in: Xbox wont connect to wifi when signed in disconnects when signed in try to connect it via ethernet cable to verify that if it allows you to use the online service, once it lets you enter your...
  9. Alcatel Lucent 7130RG: My xbox wont connect to my hotspot device

Alcatel Lucent 7130RG: My xbox wont connect to my hotspot device: Alcatel Lucent 7130RG: My xbox wont connect to my hotspot device Mobile hot spots are not recommended for connections to devices like gaming consoles. It can be done however your experience is...
  10. Xbox one x wont connect to tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x wont connect to tv: So I have a UN58NU7100 and my xbox one x will not connect at all. I have no picture or audio. The tv recognizes that there is a cable plug in the HDMI port however nothing pops up it says no...