Xbox wont connect to the Internet without unplugging my wire

Discus and support Xbox wont connect to the Internet without unplugging my wire in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This problem just started recently, so it may have been the result of an update, but i can't find anything like this on the internet. Whenever I start... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BIV 01, May 11, 2019.

1. BIV 01
    BIV 01 Guest

This problem just started recently, so it may have been the result of an update, but i can't find anything like this on the internet.

Whenever I start up my Xbox One (the limited edition Battlefield version), it logs me in (usually, sometimes not) but doesn't recognize that it's connected to the internet. Nothing I do "inside" the UI fixes it. The only way to get the box to recognize
    it is to unplug the cable and plug it back in. That usually takes two attempts before it "takes" and it connects to the internet again.

Is anyone else running into this issue? Is there a way to fix it?

:)

BIV 01, May 11, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi BIV 01,

Have you tried using a different ethernet cable or a new one? I've seen this issue arise with a bad cable that usually get's resolved after replacing the cable you use. It's possible that the cable does not have a solid connection with the console once you
    power it down after use and does not have the connection after you power it on.

Other than that it could also be the router you are using. I had a similar problem before and everything was solved once I got a new router and ethernet cable.
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

G'day,

As well as Parity's suggestion, power cycle your router and wait... till it is fully operational again prior to powering your console back on. Router->TV->AVR
    (if using) then Console

I used to have the same problem with a router I have since replaced.

Depending on how old your router is you may be able to contact your ISP and see if they will replace a suspected faulty router.

The other thing you could try is set power to Power Saving mode if you are using Instant On.
  4. BIV 01 Win User

It looks like I need to do this. How do I check the cloud to make sure my files are in place? I know it's supposed to be automatic, but I'm unwilling to take that on faith.

I also have an external HD. Is there a "copy all save files to external HD" option?
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Glad that it is tentatively working. Let us know if anything changes!
  6. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey there BIV 01 thanks for keeping in touch.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused but rest assured we are here to help, we have seen this in the past
    and since the issue could be on the actual OS of the console so we would suggest a >Soft
    Factory Reset
    <
    (while keeping games and apps)
    IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS MET:

• There is a stable network connection.
    • The information for all profiles is known (email and passwords)

Once the setup is complete it will ask if we want to keep settings or manual setup
    lets do manual setup. Give it a shot and let us know of any changes!

Side note: Power cycle the Network Hardware (Router) by unplugging it for a full 5 minutes.
Thema:

1. Xbox wont connect to the Internet without unplugging my wire - Similar Threads - wont connect Internet

2. Xbox keeps signing me out and wont connect to my internet.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox keeps signing me out and wont connect to my internet.: Every time I try to log in my Xbox gives me the "bye Matt, try signing in with a controller" Even though I signed in with a controller?!? It also wont connect to the internet now, but all my other...
  3. Ethernet Cable wont connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ethernet Cable wont connect to internet: i recently bought a Xbox One X and it wont let me connect to the internet with a ethernet cable. Wireless works fine and all, but when i use the ethernet i used for my Xbox One it doesnt connect....
  4. Comcast: Xbox one s wont connect to my internet

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Comcast: Xbox one s wont connect to my internet: Comcast (ISPs): Xbox one s wont connect to my internet Try a hard reset of the xbox hold the home button for 8 seconds till it completely shuts off and unplug the xbox for 5 minutes tyen forget...
  5. xbox wont even show any internet connections

xbox wont even show any internet connections: xbox wont even show any internet connections my xbox 1 wont show any internet connections and wont connect to my internet even if i type it in what should i do 95cf531d-c5c8-4ab2-999b-a46183d64c4c
  6. Netgear: wont connect to internet

Netgear: wont connect to internet: Netgear (Modems/Gateways): wont connect to internet ever since i bought my xbox one ive had my router downstairs and ive been playing perfectly fine but for 2 days i used an ethernet cord to use...
  7. Why wont solitaire world tour connect to the internet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont solitaire world tour connect to the internet: when you try to play solitaire world tour event, message says having trouble connecting to the internet to download solitaire collection data. I'm already connected to the internet, so why won't...
  8. My XBOX ONE wont connect to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX ONE wont connect to my internet: I am trying to connect my XBOX ONE S to my internet but nothing is showing up. It always connects to my internet. Both my PC and my phones are connected, but this morning (November 5th 2017) I...
  9. wont connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    wont connect to internet: if any one could help me please do so. My Xbox one cannot connect to the Internet even though it is picking up its signal and my neighbors. Mine and all of my neighbors wifi are private. The...
  10. My xbox wont connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox wont connect to the internet: It has been 2 days now and I cant get my xbox to connect to my wifi. I have done all 6 steps the xbox provides to fix this and none of it works. Now I'm getting this message that says hardware...