Xbox won't read 360 games??

Discus and support Xbox won't read 360 games?? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello..I really need some help. For some reason I cannot load or read 360 games, I tried two games i have and both won't do anything. I really want to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JackYOgurl606, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Xbox won't read 360 games??

Hello..I really need some help. For some reason I cannot load or read 360 games, I tried two games i have and both won't do anything. I really want to play the game R.U.S.E...i use to be able to play it all the time..

But now, my Xbox doesn't want to play or read any 360 disc....this is really frustrating me...

I have an Xbox One S

:)

JackYOgurl606, Oct 26, 2019
  2. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Here are a few troubleshooters you may want to look through. the most common reason and Xbox 360 won't read a disc is if the optical lens inside the disc tray area that actually reads the discs is dirty. But these should help any ways.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/disc-drive-solution

https://www.digitalinnovations.com/why-wont-my-xbox-360-read-game-discs/

The best way to get that fixed if that is the issue, would be to either clean the disc itself with a soft cloth to make it easier to read or to take the console to a local electronics hobby store like a GameStop to get it cleaned up. Microsoft doesn't do
    servicing for Xbox 360's anymore and its really advised to not try and repair/clean up a console yourself.
  3. JackYOgurl606 Win User

I have an Xbox One S, all my xbox one games work excellently, its just these 360 game's that are not working...
  4. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Jack

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are experiencing difficulties with being able to launch Xbox 360 titles on the Xbox One.

There have been several reports about this, and this information has already been passed up to our engineers, and thus they are currently working on a fix for this.

If your Xbox 360 games are already installed on your console, then I recommend taking a look at

this
    article, however, if you are experiencing difficulties with installing one of these games, then I would implore you to review the article that covers

Troubleshooting game installation problems on Xbox One

If these options do not work for you, we ask for your patience as our engineers are currently working on a fix to resolve this.

I hope this is of some use to you.
  5. User 9242019 Win User

L4D2 disc does not work on Xbox one

Sounds like a hardware fault with the disc drive since it won't read a DVD or Xbox 360 game.
  6. Mister Mascot Win User

Won't read 360 disks

Hey there mactiques,

Can you please provide a few more details about the issue you're having? What games are having this problem and are you seeing any specific error message sor error codes? Do the discs work on an Xbox 360 console?

Let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
Thema:

1. Xbox won't read 360 games?? - Similar Threads - won't read 360

2. Xbox one won't read xbox 360 discs

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one won't read xbox 360 discs: I'm in alpha skip ahead ring and no xbox 360 disc is even recognized it dosent say it's dirty or anything I checked the list and thry are backwards compatible. I know the disc drive works since it...
  3. XBOX 360 Disc Drive Won't Read Discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX 360 Disc Drive Won't Read Discs: My brother and I were given an XBOX 360 for Christmas about 4 years ago. Its the original console. I think it was bought refurbished. About a year after playing on it, we bought the Minecraft disc...
  4. I'm moving games from one X-box 360 that won't read discs to a new to me used 360 that I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm moving games from one X-box 360 that won't read discs to a new to me used 360 that I...: Visit www.xbox.com/drm which brings me to a page that no longer exists? If you need more info or if I was unclear please ask. 810619a8-b52b-4189-a08b-da034df19ae2
  5. XBox 360 dvd drive won't read some discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 dvd drive won't read some discs: Pretty sure the discs are scratch-free... I suspect the drive is going bad. Is there any way to diagnose if that is indeed the problem? aed6d276-66af-435a-8f5f-470e52d1ffb0
  6. Xbox one S dvd layer movie and 360 won't read

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S dvd layer movie and 360 won't read: Hi, since the last november update, my xbox one S not recognize anymore dvd movie or 360 retro compatible disc. I have not problem with bluray disc for movie and games....
  7. XB1S won't read 360 discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XB1S won't read 360 discs: My xbox one s won't read my copy of black ops 2 for 360. It just says this game is not playable here, tells me where to find a list of backwards compatible games and the error code (0x8082000c)....
  8. Won't read Xbox 360 discs - Plays Xbox One discs like a champ

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won't read Xbox 360 discs - Plays Xbox One discs like a champ: (0x80820003 - 0x75) Hello. I am writing in to you for some insight on an issue that I am having with my Xbox One S - 1TB - Special Edition Battlefield 1 Console purchased November 2016. When I...
  9. Forza Motorsport 1 on Xbox 360-Console will read disc but won't play it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Motorsport 1 on Xbox 360-Console will read disc but won't play it: Hello! I just got my brand new copy of Forza Motorsport-the original game for the first Xbox-and am trying to play it on my 250GB HD Xbox 360. The disc can be read just fine (i.e. "Play Forza...
  10. XBOX 360: Won't read my disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360: Won't read my disc: When I put a game in my XBOX 360 it knows that there is a disc, but when I click on the game it just signs me out of XBOX Live and goes to the home page and signs me back into Live. Then, with...