xbox won't read discs

Discus and support xbox won't read discs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i have a day one edition xbox one, so it's about six years old. my issue is that it won't read any discs at all. i've tried to reset the console by... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by patrickbutlerXG, Sep 3, 2019.

1. xbox won't read discs

i have a day one edition xbox one, so it's about six years old. my issue is that it won't read any discs at all. i've tried to reset the console by holding the power button until it went off but that didn't help. also won't recognize my external hard drive.
    tried plugging into different usb ports and nothing. is my console defective? it's well out of warranty so i know microsoft won't repair it.

:)

patrickbutlerXG, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

xbox won't read discs

1. xbox won't read discs - Similar Threads - won't read discs

2. I'm moving games from one X-box 360 that won't read discs to a new to me used 360 that I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm moving games from one X-box 360 that won't read discs to a new to me used 360 that I...: Visit www.xbox.com/drm which brings me to a page that no longer exists? If you need more info or if I was unclear please ask. 810619a8-b52b-4189-a08b-da034df19ae2
  3. Disc dive won't read cds or dvds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc dive won't read cds or dvds: My xbox will only play disc games but not cds or dvds its weird 3084c127-63ad-4f00-9c3a-16b6a447a4de
  4. Xbox one won't read Monster Hunter World disc, but reads every other game disc fine.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one won't read Monster Hunter World disc, but reads every other game disc fine.: Ok so right off let me say my disc for Monster Hunter World is spotless & in perfect condition. It's been in it's case on my desk for the past 3 months, this disc i've had since launch has been...
  5. Xbox won't read and install certain discs. Please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't read and install certain discs. Please help!: I currently own over a dozen Xbox One game discs. My Xbox will not read or install 2 of them (Crash Bandicoot and Dragonball Xenoverse 2). The discs are in perfect condition. I have tried pretty...
  6. Xbox One X won't load read discs unless I hard reboot if Energy Saver power mode is enabled

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X won't load read discs unless I hard reboot if Energy Saver power mode is enabled: As the title states: If I have my Xbox One X set up with Energy Saver power mode, discs won't read. It makes the sound as if it's reading the disc, but when I run the game, I get an error screen...
  7. Brand New XBox One won't read discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New XBox One won't read discs: Hello, I just bought a brand new Xbox One S and when we first opened it, my kids were able to load up one new game by inserting the disc. Ever since then, it won't read any of the discs. We keep...
  8. XBox 360 dvd drive won't read some discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 dvd drive won't read some discs: Pretty sure the discs are scratch-free... I suspect the drive is going bad. Is there any way to diagnose if that is indeed the problem? aed6d276-66af-435a-8f5f-470e52d1ffb0
  9. Xbox one won't read specific disc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one won't read specific disc.: My xbox one won't read Modern Warfare 3, it read it fine last night but won't work since this morning. Every other game reads fine and I've tried replacing the game but I've seen no change. Please...
  10. XB1S won't read 360 discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XB1S won't read 360 discs: My xbox one s won't read my copy of black ops 2 for 360. It just says this game is not playable here, tells me where to find a list of backwards compatible games and the error code (0x8082000c)....