xbox won't read discs

Discus and support xbox won't read discs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i have a day one edition xbox one, so it's about six years old. my issue is that it won't read any discs at all. i've tried to reset the console by... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by patrickbutlerXG, Sep 3, 2019.

1. xbox won't read discs

i have a day one edition xbox one, so it's about six years old. my issue is that it won't read any discs at all. i've tried to reset the console by holding the power button until it went off but that didn't help. also won't recognize my external hard drive.
    tried plugging into different usb ports and nothing. is my console defective? it's well out of warranty so i know microsoft won't repair it.

:)

patrickbutlerXG, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Smouchy1 Win User

My xbox one wont read disks or run downloaded games and i have a warranty what do i do

My Xbox took 4 or 5 try's to read a disc but now (as soon as I got Forza 6) won't read any disc.
  3. ShamelessPvp123 Win User

Disc won't read

Hey there,

Do other Xbox 360 back compat games work specifically? If other backward compatible Xbox 360 discs work, that Black Ops II disc may need to be replaced.

Keep us posted!
    csgo digital download works but I don't have and can't afford a disc.
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Discs won't read

Definitely sounds like the disc drive is on it's way out.Had the same thing myself in the past.

If it's in warranty then you can send it of for a repair at no cost.If it's not in warranty then you'd be better off buying a new xbox as it's not that much more expensive than paying Microsoft to repair it.

You can get the digital versions of your games but you would have to pay for them.You wont get them for free just because you own the disc version.
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Disc won't read

Hey there,

Do other Xbox 360 back compat games work specifically? If other backward compatible Xbox 360 discs work, that Black Ops II disc may need to be replaced.

Keep us posted!
  6. onyxishere Win User

Disc won't read

Sorry to hear it. What game are you trying to play? Does this happen with other discs? Is the disc scratched?
Thema:

xbox won't read discs

1. xbox won't read discs - Similar Threads - won't read discs

2. Xbox one won't read xbox 360 discs

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one won't read xbox 360 discs: I'm in alpha skip ahead ring and no xbox 360 disc is even recognized it dosent say it's dirty or anything I checked the list and thry are backwards compatible. I know the disc drive works since it...
  3. Discs won't read

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Discs won't read: I've been having trouble with my Xbox One reading discs, Blu Rays skip and play pixelated. I have to restart the console 3 or 4 times to get it to recognize a game disc. My question is if I can...
  4. My Xbox one won't read any discs and makes a cycling noise then does nothing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox one won't read any discs and makes a cycling noise then does nothing: I've had this Xbox one since the Christmas it came out and it's been working fine up until recently when I tried to play fallout new Vegas, I put the disc in and it makes a tiny winding/ disc...
  5. Xbox One won't read game discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One won't read game discs: Whenever I put any disc into my xbox I can't get it to read the disc, all it does is tell me to check my disc to make sure its not dirty or damaged. I have already cleaned my disk as best as...
  6. Blue ray player and DVD player won't read disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blue ray player and DVD player won't read disc: Xbox one will only read a few. Blue ray discs and doesn't read DVDs 36391a5a-d80b-47b5-9f4a-550f67d2a8f9
  7. XBOX 360 Disc Drive Won't Read Discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX 360 Disc Drive Won't Read Discs: My brother and I were given an XBOX 360 for Christmas about 4 years ago. Its the original console. I think it was bought refurbished. About a year after playing on it, we bought the Minecraft disc...
  8. I'm moving games from one X-box 360 that won't read discs to a new to me used 360 that I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm moving games from one X-box 360 that won't read discs to a new to me used 360 that I...: Visit www.xbox.com/drm which brings me to a page that no longer exists? If you need more info or if I was unclear please ask. 810619a8-b52b-4189-a08b-da034df19ae2
  9. Disc dive won't read cds or dvds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc dive won't read cds or dvds: My xbox will only play disc games but not cds or dvds its weird 3084c127-63ad-4f00-9c3a-16b6a447a4de
  10. Xbox one won't read Monster Hunter World disc, but reads every other game disc fine.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one won't read Monster Hunter World disc, but reads every other game disc fine.: Ok so right off let me say my disc for Monster Hunter World is spotless & in perfect condition. It's been in it's case on my desk for the past 3 months, this disc i've had since launch has been...