Xbox wont start, 10 mins later black screen, 10 mins after stuck on preparing console

Discus and support Xbox wont start, 10 mins later black screen, 10 mins after stuck on preparing console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i have no idea what happened to my xbox, was working perfectly fine and then i left to the store and left it on, came back home and it was turned... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by josemontes5, Oct 19, 2019.

1. josemontes5
    josemontes5 Guest

Xbox wont start, 10 mins later black screen, 10 mins after stuck on preparing console

So i have no idea what happened to my xbox, was working perfectly fine and then i left to the store and left it on, came back home and it was turned off, would not start back up. White xbox light would light up and it would beep that it turned on but tv
    said no signal, would try to turn off xbox and it wouldnt until i held down xbox button. Tried to do the hodling down, the eject, connect button and power and still nothing. 10 or so minutes later my screen turned all black, about 10 or so minutes after that,
    a screen that said preparing console popped up and it stayed on that screen for about 40 minutes before i just gave up and turned it off. Not sure what happened, any ideas on a solution or what to do?

:)

josemontes5, Oct 19, 2019
  2. josemontes5 Win User

Its an xbox one base, was watching a blueray movie right before, went to the store to drop the movie off at red box and get another movie, no odd noises, didnt bump it, tried to restart it multiple times and the same thing happened
  3. Jeremy2085 Win User

When the screen was all black was you still able too access the menus through the xbox guide button? This has happened too me before and the common fix for it is doing a hard reset of the console by holding down the power button for ten seconds before
    releasing and pressing the power button again. This should reset your xbox and make the home screen appear again when it has turned on properly like it did for me. I hope this helps you and good luck getting your xbox sorted.
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Jose,

Thanks for the reply and update on the Xbox One issue. If the console is not responding to the Offline troubleshooting steps:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    3. Press and hold the BINDbutton (located below the Xbox button on the console) and the
      EJECTbutton (located on the front of the console), and then press the
      Xboxbutton on the console.
    4. Continue holding the BINDand
      EJECTbuttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
      BINDand EJECTbuttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.
    7. Select Reset this Xbox
    8. Select Reset this Xbox and Keep Games and Apps

The console will need to serviced due to troubleshooting not being successful. If you have the Xbox One Original, we are not currently servicing any Xbox One original consoles out of warranty. I recommend to
    contact Customer Support for further assistance or visit the
    Device service and Repair
    site.

Hope this helps.
  5. xBEATDOWNSx Win User

Sorry for the delay on replying, im at work till the morning!

If you can not get the console to reboot (hold down the power button till you hear that familiar beep/ click), you may have to submit a ticket with Microsoft which would be unfortunate. Hopefully thats not the case.

Try to restart the system and see if you have any feedback from the controller. Press the menu button, move thej and listen for the sound of the menu shuffling.
  6. xBEATDOWNSx Win User

Lets go from the top, shall we?

Which edition is the console (base, S, X)?

What were you doing before this happened? You mentioned you were heading to the store and came back.

Any odd noise from the console? Any chance you could have bumped it?

Have you tried restarting the console since?
Thema:

1. Xbox wont start, 10 mins later black screen, 10 mins after stuck on preparing console - Similar Threads - wont start mins

2. My game wont start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game wont start: I bought a game called nba 2k20 and i downloaded it but i cant play it,the xbox asks me if i own it even though i spent my money on it im very serious about this and a really big Microsoft fan but...
  3. Game wont start online play due to needing update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game wont start online play due to needing update: I am dealing with the game connecting with live then fetches profile normally then says needs to restart due to needing update. so it restarts and says update successfully completed. Then it...
  4. Xbox Game Pass - Rage 2 wont start

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass - Rage 2 wont start: Hello! I've been trying to get Rage 2 running through the Xbox app, got it on Game pass. (PC) Simply put, starting the game through the app's launcher will show it as running in task manager,...
  5. Destiny 2 wont start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 wont start: when I try to open Destiny 2 it loads for about 30 seconds then says "game took too long to start" and closes other games work, its just Destiny 2, and this started after an update today. I have...
  6. My xbox one wont' start up after the October 8 system update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one wont' start up after the October 8 system update.: I keep getting errors E 101 E 102 E 105 I try resetting offline update resetting the xbox one X. Nothing is working. what do I do? can this be fixed? am I just not realizing what to do? HELP!...
  7. Metro Exodus Wont Start On Xbox Game Pass PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metro Exodus Wont Start On Xbox Game Pass PC: The game doesnt start and nothing shows up except for the game in Task manager and its always using 19mb of ram and nothing else. Can anyone help? [img] 8b18d835-f1b4-44dd-9f6b-74e7f41d50f8
  8. Wont let me start a party

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wont let me start a party: My xbox one every since the update in August wont let me start or join a party. Ive tried restarting, hard restarting, unplugging, unplugging for 24 hours, and i checked to see if it was my...
  9. Turns on but wonts start up

in XBoX Accessibility
    Turns on but wonts start up: Xbox wonts statr up. I try everyfign I found - facotry reset - nothig - offline update - nothing - stop on step 3 (59%) Any advice ? 513d6c2f-4476-4948-83c6-46847c95e3c3
  10. Media Player Wont Start

in XboX Insiders
    Media Player Wont Start: [IMG] I had to get a warranty replacement console as my BF5 edition console shit itself. I've been re-downloading all my games and apps but when I try to load Media Player I get the following...