Xbox won't turn on but makes a chirping sound when power cord is plugged

Discus and support Xbox won't turn on but makes a chirping sound when power cord is plugged in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After a couple of days of not using my xbox I came back to play it but whenever I pressed the power button it wouldn't turn on. I went to to the plug... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gent_, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Gent_
    Gent_ Guest

After a couple of days of not using my xbox I came back to play it but whenever I pressed the power button it wouldn't turn on. I went to to the plug and it was plugged in but when I unplugged it from the Xbox and back in it started to make a faint chirping sound. Why wont it turn on? How can I fix this issue?

:)

Gent_, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Kindly check out this support article on what to do when an Xbox device doesn't turn on https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....

Hope this helps
  3. ACH10BRG Win User

Help Plz

It sounds like your friends list is full or there may be a problem with your connection. Have you tried to do a hard reset on your Xbox?

Go to settings, power and turn off.

Unplug your power cord for 30 seconds when your xbox powers down.

Plug in your power cord and start your Xbox.

Does this help?
  4. Kenny H. Win User

re: Console motion sensor on/off button doesn't work after power outage

Hey there! Head into Settings, Power, Turn Xbox off and when it is fully powered down, unplug the power cord from the console for about 3 minutes. Try again, and make sure it is plugged directly into the wall, not a power strip.
  5. Kibbblez N BtZ Win User

Freezing + 1 red light

Hey Dressy,

This is info i found off xbox.com about this problem

Best Wishes,

kibbbbz

Solutions

Disconnect your power supply cords

If your power supply cords are not plugged in securely, you may see one flashing red light when you turn on your Xbox 360 console.

Disconnect and reconnect your power supply

Turn off your console.

Disconnect the power cord from the back of your console. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and the power supply unit.

Unplug both cords from the PSU, the console, and the outlet.

Reconnect all three connections making sure they are secure.

Plug both cords into the console, power supply, and outlet.

Turn your console back on.

If this solution worked, your power button should look like this:

On the Xbox 360 console, the Ring of Light is green.
  6. JBlack02187 Win User

My Elite is Oddly Silent

Is the Xbox turning on? Or is it not powering up at all? I myself have an Elite, and I've never heard the chirping sound, but from your post, I can't tell if the Xbox is actually powering up. If the Xbox turns on, check the light on the power supply and
    it should be green. When the Xbox is powered down, the power supply light should be yellow. If the power supply light is red, then that would indicate a bad power supply.
Thema:

1. Xbox won't turn on but makes a chirping sound when power cord is plugged - Similar Threads - won't turn makes

2. Xbox one S won't turn on, makes a faint clicking noise when plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S won't turn on, makes a faint clicking noise when plugged in.: I have a Gears of War 4, 2TB Xbox One S that will not power on. When plugged in, it makes a faint clicking noise, the power button does nothing. I have tried unplugging it for 30 seconds, as...
  3. Xbox makes a consistent beeping noise and won't turn on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox makes a consistent beeping noise and won't turn on.: The problem just started today, I tried turning on my Xbox and all I heard was a beeping noise coming from the box. It turns on, nothing shows on my TV, then turns off again. I'm lost and haven't...
  4. Xbox one S makes beep sounds and won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S makes beep sounds and won't turn on: Hi. My xbox one s is giving trouble while starting.There is continuous beep sound.Eventually switches off after a minute. Request to help fa00139a-32bc-4ad6-a5cd-db1dfa760639
  5. Xbox Series X makes start up chime but won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X makes start up chime but won't turn on: I woke up this morning to find my xbox series x turned off and when I went to power it on it makes the start up chime but the light doesn't come on and there's no signal to my monitor. I've tried...
  6. Xbox 360 won't turn on but makes still makes noises.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 won't turn on but makes still makes noises.: Some 5 years ago I was playing on my Xbox only for it to restart and go kaput forever. Whenever I press the Start and Disc button the sound works, but other than that the Start button won't flash...
  7. Xbox wont turn on makes faint nose but won't completely power on.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wont turn on makes faint nose but won't completely power on.: Have an xbox one. It won't turn on anymore. Power brick is showing an orange light. Tried to reset the power brick but that didn't work. When I tap my xbox button it makes a subtle faint noise...
  8. Xbox controller won't turn on and makes hissing sound when I try to power it on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller won't turn on and makes hissing sound when I try to power it on: So I've only had this Xbox one controller for a few months and it's worked fine but now it won't turn on. The batteries in the controller died so I took them out and put in some fresh ones (from...
  9. My Xbox one makes a beep noise but won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one makes a beep noise but won't turn on: My Xbox one makes a beep noise but won't turn on. I have see other threads tried unplugging and waiting, spamming eject (there is a disk in the drive) tried with turning on the controller etc and...
  10. Xbox One Original lights up and makes noise but won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Original lights up and makes noise but won't turn on: I have had my xbox one since the year it came out. Recently, it began freezing in the middle of games and refusing to turn back on after hard restarting it. It wasn't the games that froze, but the...