Xbox wont turn on (need to factory reset)

Discus and support Xbox wont turn on (need to factory reset) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all, So, my xbox one (1st gen) is having a few issues. I'm trying to factory reset it to sell it and since ive unplugged it it wont even start... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ReallyRandomz, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Xbox wont turn on (need to factory reset)

Hello all,

So, my xbox one (1st gen) is having a few issues. I'm trying to factory reset it to sell it and since ive unplugged it it wont even start up. It will start up for about 1 minute and then shut down, in this time none of the TV's will recognise it being plugged
    in and this has been tested with 2 different HDMI cables that do work with other xbox's. I have downloaded and extracted the Factory reset file to a USB that has been formatted to NTFS, tried the method of holding BIND and EJECT then pressing START and im
    not getting the second tone. I dont know what to do now completely at a loss with it. TIA

:)

ReallyRandomz, Sep 5, 2019
  2. ReallyRandomz Win User

Hey there

Sounds like there is a issue with either the console or the power brick and you would need to look at replacing the brick. There is this page that will help you work that out. If it turns out too be the console then unfortunately microsoft does service
    the 1st gen xbox one anymore.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-power-supply-solution
    Okay thank you, will look into getting a new brick for it :)
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there ReallyRandomz,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums, please make sure that you are following the steps properly so that you can pull up the troubleshooter. You should be able to reset the console through this screen, look below for the proper steps.

• Press and hold the BIND button (located on the left side of the console) and the
      EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the
      Xbox button on the console.
    Note The Xbox One S All-Digital Edition does not have an
    EJECT
    button. On this console you only need to hold the BIND button (steps 5 & 6) and then press the
    Xbox button .

• Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    • Listen for two "power-up" tones a couple of seconds apart.

If you are unable to troubleshoot with the factory reset and you are still running into these power issues then it seems that you may need to replace the Power Supply Unit as the issue just may be the hardware rather than the software.

I hope this helps.
  4. ReallyRandomz Win User

Thank will look into getting a new pwoer supply :) if that doesnt work im going to put an axe through it
  5. Paul1708 Win User

6. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hey ReallyRandomz!

Thanks for responding!

Once you've replaced the power brick, come back and let us know how it all turned out for you!

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Good luck!

Felix

Xbox forums support
Thema:

1. Xbox wont turn on (need to factory reset) - Similar Threads - wont turn need

2. brand new xbox one s wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    brand new xbox one s wont turn on: I JUST bought a brand new xbox one s, everything is hooked up right, the TV is is on the right channel, it still wont turn on, I've tried everything xbox has on the support page but its brand new...
  3. Xbox wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont turn on: okay so, i imagine it probably just died since its the day one edition. I moved barracks rooms yesterday. Before i moved, xbox worked just fine. I plug it into my new room and it only makes the...
  4. Xbox one s wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s wont turn on: Hi.So the power went down and my xbox one s console wouldnt turn on and there was an electrical sound coming from it so i unplugged and plug it back and it worked.Thing is this happened 3 times...
  5. Xbox one X wont turn on.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one X wont turn on.: I have called the support line, and it just says to go to the help page on the website. I go there and it will not let me find help. Frustration ensues. My issue is that my Xbox will not connect...
  6. Xbox one s wont turn on and there is a weird sound coming from it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s wont turn on and there is a weird sound coming from it: So there was a power outage in my area and when my power come back the xbox ones wouldnt turn on and there would be a electrical sound coming from it.So i unpluged plug it back problem solved.But...
  7. xbox controller wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller wont turn on: hi guys, i really need your help, my xbox one controller has been showing signs of malfunction, i use triple A batteries, for some time now ever since i put new batteries it only takes about 2h to...
  8. My xbox wont turn on fully

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox wont turn on fully: Hello, my xbox (one s model 1681) powers on for a second then powers off immedently...if anyone can help that would be helpful. Thanks! 0c5bcd53-ca88-4972-8664-45c6033fe219
  9. My Xbox 360 shut down mid-game and wont turn back on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 shut down mid-game and wont turn back on: So I was in the middle of playing NBA2K10 and my Xbox 360 just shut off. Nothing intense was happening i guess, just in a normal game and it just, stopped. I checked and it wasn't that hot. I...
  10. Orig XBOX wont turn on, need to open tray??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Orig XBOX wont turn on, need to open tray??: My original XBOX wont power on. My kids need to get there disc out of the machine. Is there any way to open the tray without power, and without destroying the tray? We have another working XBOX...