xbox won't turn on only fan starts running. This happening to anyone else? anyone got a fix?

Discus and support xbox won't turn on only fan starts running. This happening to anyone else? anyone got a fix? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox suddenly turned off. After letting it cool for 15 mins I turned it back on but it turned off again after about 2 mins since then when the power... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by spiffierocean31, Jun 16, 2020.

1. xbox won't turn on only fan starts running. This happening to anyone else? anyone got a fix?

My Xbox suddenly turned off. After letting it cool for 15 mins I turned it back on but it turned off again after about 2 mins since then when the power supply is connected the Xbox cooling fan starts
    running, sounding like a jet engine but the Xbox stays off. A slight inky burning smell is also emitted from the fan area. Is this an issue with the thermal paste or something else? Also please note that there is no light( I mean the one that comes on when
    Xbox is turned on) on the Xbox and I’m sure the power brick is fine as according to the Xbox guide it gives all the required lights ;however , Is this normal that when I plug it in the wall, the power supply shows
    a GREEN light.green light continues when put in the console but the console stays off however the console fan powers on instantly(seemingly only thing on) is this a power supply issue( as I read that when it is plugged in the wall and not in the console
    it shows an orange light) or is this a THERMAL PASTE issue cause recently I played for 10 hours continuous for an entire week. or Is this a burn or console damage as an inky burning smell emitted from the console when the power supply is connected( from fan
    area). I have a standard Xbox 1 console. The Xbox on attempting to turn it on gives no response but very very faint sounds can be heard occasionally (the one Xbox 1 gives when it is turned on).
    Please help !!!

:)

spiffierocean31, Jun 16, 2020
  2. spiffierocean31 Win User

xbox won't turn on only fan starts running. This happening to anyone else? anyone got a fix?

Its been off for a whole month I think I'll get it to a technician now warranty is over.
  3. Idan Siman Tov Win User

Seems like overheating (maybe also cockroaches nest?).

You should take it to your local lab if your warranty is over.
  4. baiironovskiy Win User

You seem to have serious problems, and that’s not because of thermal paste. Try turning it off for a few hours, and then turn it on. If it does not help or the problem recurs - contact the service center
  5. spiffierocean31 Win User

Hey

Maybe this can helps

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/console-wont-power-on
    I've tried all those Xbox support options. I opened up the console and there were places where there was no thermal paste (between the heat sink and the CPU) perhaps the thermal paste may be the problem. Its been years with the same past. I'll check it out
    then I'll put the result here.
  6. Shinto Puffy Win User

Hey Spiffierocean31

Maybe this can helps

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/console-wont-power-on
Thema:

1. xbox won't turn on only fan starts running. This happening to anyone else? anyone got a fix? - Similar Threads - won't turn fan

2. Time Limits Won't Turn Off/Deactivate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Time Limits Won't Turn Off/Deactivate: My children were limited in time during the school year, but now that summer is here I want to allow them to use their consoles as they wish. I went onto their accounts here on the website and...
  3. Xbox Wireless Controller won't turn on after Firmware Update

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Wireless Controller won't turn on after Firmware Update: Wow, I updated the Firmware for the Xbox One Controller and now it wont turn on wirelessly. Please send me a new one. Very unprofessional and inconsiderate of your company to release a firmware...
  4. Xbox Turns on but with new HDMI won't show up on screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Turns on but with new HDMI won't show up on screen.: Please help me my xbox has suddenly stopped working and I don't know what is wrong with it I have had it for 9 months and all my games have run smooth until now I have a brand new HDMI cord and my...
  5. My xbox won't connect with my tv & randomly turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox won't connect with my tv & randomly turns off: My xbox is shutting off randomly & when I turn it on, it does not connect to my tv. Any ideas? bea36a45-8156-4ede-938a-6bdd561d6b5f
  6. Xbox One X won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X won't turn on: My Xbox turns on for about 5 seconds then turns off and beeps. I've tried looking on the contact us page, but they didn't have chats for this. I also went to send it in but it just took me back to...
  7. XBox 360 won't turn on!

in XboX Networking Hardware
    XBox 360 won't turn on!: XBox 360 won't turn on! XBox 360 won't turn on. I was playing and it randomly shut off and over heated. Waited several hours to try again and it still won't work. The power supply has a orange...
  8. xbox won't turn on only fan starts running

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox won't turn on only fan starts running: My Xbox suddenly turned off. After letting it cool for 15 mins I turned it back on but it turned off again after about 2 mins since then when the power supply is connected the Xbox cooling fan...
  9. Why won't my fan turn off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my fan turn off?: So I had my Xbox one S for about a month now, and just recently every time I turn it off the fan won't. I wait for at least 5 minutes and check if it has turned off, and it never deos. I just...
  10. Xbox one won't turn on, fan just goes crazy when ac is plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't turn on, fan just goes crazy when ac is plugged in: Okay so this is what's happened. After hurricane Doris hit England my xbox hasn't been the same, first it randomly shut off after a supposed power surge and I reset it over night (power brick...