Xbox won’t turn on

Discus and support Xbox won’t turn on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was watching Twitch on my Xbox One X, purchased in Dec. of 2017, then all of a sudden the screen went black and the fan went full force. Everything... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kombat Raven, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Kombat Raven
    Kombat Raven Guest

Xbox won’t turn on

I was watching Twitch on my Xbox One X, purchased in Dec. of 2017, then all of a sudden the screen went black and the fan went full force. Everything was frozen so I hit the power button and it took a while to turn off but now it wont boot up. It starts
    up then after 5-10 secs it turns itself off. But every couple tries the fan goes full force but then still shuts off after a few seconds. Ive tried reseting, unplugging power cord for 30 secs, nothing has worked......

:)

Kombat Raven, Aug 16, 2019
  2. gds1972 Win User

Xbox won’t turn on

In some country the power cable where it plugs into the wall outlet has a fuse. Please also don't forget to check this as well just in case.
  3. ChristianKid5 Win User

Xbox won’t turn on

I plugged it back into the outlet that it was originally at and it did not work
  4. AreYouIN or OUT Win User

Xbox won’t turn on

I had the same issue and it turned out that I didn't wait long enough for it to clear itself. Manual says 10 seconds, but I did a full 2 min and it worked vs previously I was just unplugging and replugging. Ifr it isn't that I'd go with some of these
    other suggestions (bad cord, bad socket, etc) and start ruling them out.
  5. Call Me Hydro Win User

Xbox won’t turn on

If you have already done all you can as far as leaving your console unplugged, switching wall outlets, even as far as switching power cords.. You may need to contact Xbox support to have your console serviced.
  6. ArthurJones4 Win User

Xbox won’t turn on

Yeah I tried different outlet and was unplugged all night and tried again this morning and still nothing. I don’t know..
Thema:

Xbox won’t turn on

1. Xbox won’t turn on - Similar Threads - won’t turn

2. Xbox one keeps turning off and won’t stay on

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one keeps turning off and won’t stay on: So here lately my son’s xbox has been turning off and wont stay on. Ive tried updating it unpluging it cleaning it out and all does anyone have any idea what the problem can be? My son is having a...
  3. My Xbox controller won’t turn on after it got unplugged while updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller won’t turn on after it got unplugged while updating: My controller was disconnecting in the middle of the game even though it had full battery. i was trying to see how i can fix it so i thought i should update the controller. But because my xbox...
  4. Xbox one won’t turn on pls help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won’t turn on pls help!: Hi my son’s xbox one won’t turn on. We have followed the advice and checked the cable works and the plug socket works our nearest Microsoft store is about 200 miles away...
  5. Xbox one won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won’t turn on: Okay so i have the first gen xbox one and i had left it alone for about two weeks and it wont turn on and i cant seem to find a reasonable answer that doesnt have to do with the power block being...
  6. Xbox One makes power and eject noises but won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One makes power and eject noises but won’t turn on: My xbox one recently stopped turning on. When I hit the power button, it makes the noise quietly, but doesn’t turn on. Same with the eject button, it won’t turn it on or eject my disc, but still...
  7. Xbox won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t turn on: So i have a XB1S and yesterday i tried plugging my xbox into my wifi router which is in my living room so i had to swap TVs to help install a game faster but since nothing changed i swapped back...
  8. Xbox One S won’t turn on or stay on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S won’t turn on or stay on: Its really that simple, i dont know how to turn a console inside out so is their a simple fix to this issue? I know this is very common with the S. e73c4e36-ed2e-45e3-b75f-5ef5fc138155
  9. My Xbox won’t turn on even though the power brick is solid orange

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won’t turn on even though the power brick is solid orange: Hi my original xbox one wont turn on even though the power brick is orange. I tried plugging all the wires in and out many times but when i try to press the xbox button it only makes a faint beep...
  10. Xbox one won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won’t turn on: I was playing my original Xbox One about an hour ago. I shut it off by clicking the logo on the front. I came back an hour later and it will not turn on. I have unplugged it, let it sit for a few...