Xbox x game updating, the games are updating extremely slow even though a speed test on the...

Discus and support Xbox x game updating, the games are updating extremely slow even though a speed test on the... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My games are updating at 1mb/s with a ethernet plugged in which is extremely frustrating and unusual because i ran a detailed speed test on the console... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Pongoron, Jun 23, 2020.

1. /u/Pongoron
    /u/Pongoron Guest

Xbox x game updating, the games are updating extremely slow even though a speed test on the...

My games are updating at 1mb/s with a ethernet plugged in which is extremely frustrating and unusual because i ran a detailed speed test on the console and it says its at roughly 500mb/s but the updates continues at a slow speed, i test the speed on a pc and my phone and its significantly faster. Can anyone help or explain whats happening or how to fix this?

submitted by /u/Pongoron
    [link] [comments]

/u/Pongoron, Jun 23, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. SailormoonGirl6 Win User

Xbox One X Slow Wired Internet Download Speed

It slowed down on me too, alot. too many ppl on internet. During game play and after; I found my internet speed reduce badly. It was too slow to update the games.

It's best to re-boot the cable modem & re-boot the router. Turn on the XBox. Rebooting, tells the internet provider to restore you internet speed or call your ISP to check to see if the internet is having issues. Tell
    them to test you modem and router. Do a speed test on computer.

Be Safe..
  3. SailormoonGirl6 Win User

Downloads not working

It slowed down on me too, alot. too many ppl on internet. During game play and after; I found my internet speed reduce badly. It was too slow to update the games. It's best to re-boot the cable modem & re-boot the router. Turn on the XBox. Rebooting, tells
    the internet provider to restore you internet speed or call your ISP to check to see if the internet is having issues. Tell them to test you modem and router. Do a speed test on computer.
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

For Honor won't update

Hi Plawpy,

Thanks for the reply. If your update to the game has stalled out, and you're using a disk for installation, then you can simply cancel the update, reboot your Xbox, then restart the update. The information in the second article I originally recommended (Troubleshoot
    slow game or app downloads on Xbox One
    ) had some information pertaining to your networking speeds and how this would have an effect on the update as well, so it may prove beneficial to try some networking solutions additionally.

Even though you're attempting to update and aren't gaming at the moment, the support article "I am experiencing slow performance when playing
    Xbox One games on Xbox Live."
    can help get you the most out of your internet connection for gaming and for updating/downloading games as well. I would also recommend a wired Ethernet connection, if possible, if you're currently on a wireless connection
    to improve the speeds.

I hope this helps a bit more.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

The speed of downloading games is very low/Скорость скачивания игр очень низкая

If your broadband/internet speeds are slow then that's down to you to sort out if you can.It's not Microsofts problem.

The way gaming is now with updates,patches etc. you are going to have issues if you have slow internet speeds.

You can set your console to download updates etc. if it's in "instant on" mode in the power settings & it will download updates when they are released,even if the console is off.
  6. azstang95 Win User

Connection Issues

Hi Corn, out of curiosity are you experiencing really slow (like 1mbs) downloads from the store or updates yet it speed tests correctly?
Thema:

1. Xbox x game updating, the games are updating extremely slow even though a speed test on the... - Similar Threads - game updating games

2. How do I go back to previous updates of a game on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I go back to previous updates of a game on Xbox One: I know there WAS a way of doing this, but when the new update for the xbox one came out I can't do it anymore.. Is there any other way of going back to older versions of games?...
  3. Game(fortnite) is 100% updating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game(fortnite) is 100% updating: my game fortnite is 100% and it wont finish how do i fix it? 0995be8e-7349-4362-b4a6-a2cb90717a88
  4. Xbox PC App: Cannot install or update any games.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC App: Cannot install or update any games.: Games and updates instantly stop and don't give any errors. Uninstalling, "repairing", and resetting the app didn't do anything. It literally refuses to do really anything....
  5. Downloading/Updating games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloading/Updating games: Im having an issue while updating certain games (aka call of duty), when i run the network speed test on my xbox & computer it says my speed ranges from 200-300mbps. However when im updating COD...
  6. : Game update slow

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Game update slow: : Game update slow My internet connection is normal at 100mbps but my game wont update faster than 1mbps and I have hard reset xbox already and that didnt work 69985461-6371-43cf-823a-b10357107803
  7. Xbox One X not auto updating games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X not auto updating games: Anyone else's consoles been having issues auto updating? submitted by /u/Idolathebound [link] [comments]
  8. installed games to external ssd. games wont do updates

in XboX Insiders
    installed games to external ssd. games wont do updates: i did everything you suppose to. but games wont update submitted by /u/firedrakes [link] [comments]
  9. "Finishing thing up..." on Xbox game updates.

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Finishing thing up..." on Xbox game updates.: Recently, game updates have a second progress bar after the update is finished where it says "Finishing things up...". Obviously, if this is necessary, great... do it, but I would love it if the...
  10. Can't Update a game with "You're running out of space" error, despite far more space...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Update a game with "You're running out of space" error, despite far more space...: Sea of Thieves is trying to start a 50+ GB (???) update. The drive it is installed on has over 100 GB free and the update keeps failing with an error saying not enough disk space. What can I do...