XBox X PSU: Circuit Breaker or Fuse?

Discus and support XBox X PSU: Circuit Breaker or Fuse? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Does the Xbox X Power Supply Unit have a circuit breaker or fuse? How does it work exactly? bfda432e-1363-4800-93f4-0dbdea2d806d Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LoganX23, Aug 28, 2019.

1. LoganX23
    LoganX23 Guest

Does the Xbox X Power Supply Unit have a circuit breaker or fuse? How does it work exactly?

:)

LoganX23, Aug 28, 2019
  2. LoganX23 Win User

Thanks to this gentleman on Youtube, here is the answer at 36:36...

Thanks guys, but I was looking for something more specific...

[Mod Removed]

Apparently, the Xbox One Internal Power Supply has both a fuse and a current transistor/sensor (30:16) which monitors the incoming voltage. The sensor/protection circuit (30:30) will shut down the PSU and, as in the TS Guide, you unplug it to reset it so
    it turns on again.

As a last resort, the fuse is there to take the hit. Fuses use a thin wire that melts when the voltage gets too high to separate the current going into you XBox.
  3. Ricardo Cintra Win User

No My friend, the Xbox use some controller of Power Suply Internely
  4. sandy the hippy Win User

I was about to step in here with a quote from Xbox website

"Note: Because the console has a built-in surge protector, you should not connect it to an external surge protector. If you connect the console to another surge protector, the console cannot reach the
    full power that is needed for optimal performance."

But this has actually disappeared from the site. So thanks gimpy, I have a bit of research to be doing now
  5. Gimpy_P Win User

Nothing that is user accessible. This is why, like with any computer or piece of home electronics that it's best to use a good surge protector. Not some cheaply made power bar either .APC is my brand of choice, but there are other good ones out there.
    I tend to opt for battery backup as well, so "flash" outages don't turn off my console.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Just thinking...

[quote user="A Natural Smell"]Didn't they have to replace the power cable on the first xbox .[/quote]Not exactly. The original XBOX's power connector wasn't connected to anything but the power supply PCB. Continual plugging and unplugging would weaken the
    solder joints on the connector and eventually it broke. The power cable supplied in the recall included a circuit breaker (like your hair dryer) so that if the pins broke and the connector shorted the circuit breaker would trip instead of the console catching
    fire or electrocuting someone.

tl;dr: The cable was fine, the PSU was faulty.
Thema:

1. XBox X PSU: Circuit Breaker or Fuse? - Similar Threads - PSU Circuit Breaker

2. 200-240V/203W PSU on an Xbox 360 Elite. What'll do? Burn or work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    200-240V/203W PSU on an Xbox 360 Elite. What'll do? Burn or work?: [img] And before you say anything: No, this is not third-party, this one is actually original from Microsoft. I am actually wondering if this PSU, having more voltage (203W as you can see),...
  3. Scrambled doubt about X360 PSU types and voltages and EVERYTHING

in XBoX on Consoles
    Scrambled doubt about X360 PSU types and voltages and EVERYTHING: I just recently bought an Xbox 360 Elite (Yeah, i think that's the model) from a friend, but he lacked the PSU, so i decided to find it by myself online once again Got this one: [img] This is...
  4. PSu

in XBoX on Consoles
    PSu: There is this loud buzzing sound coming from the powercord brick .... and ive seen that this has ben addressed before yet that was 2013 and now in 2019 i bought an xbox1 and it has this problem i...
  5. How much does a PSU cost

in XBoX on Consoles
    How much does a PSU cost: Hey guys i want to get a replacement for my xbox 360 slim psu and i would like to know its cost as my budget is limited PS:i live in India 206cf758-4b40-4d21-a433-9d57a54cfc84
  6. Need Xbox one PSU for Kosovo

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need Xbox one PSU for Kosovo: I’m going to kosovo in June and I want to take my xbox one with me and the question is to where I can purchase a 220V PSU?? 32f9f319-da15-4884-b9e3-b595d96aedbf
  7. Broken PSU following repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken PSU following repair: hi, Following my Xbox breaking and sending it off for repair along with the psu, I received it back today only to find the replacement psu is also faulty!! After speaking to Xbox support they...
  8. Xbox One, Flashing Orange PSU (No sound)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One, Flashing Orange PSU (No sound): Had a look all over the forums and Google but couldn't find any solid solutions/answers to this issue. So I have a background in engineering and repairs, and thus a good friend of mine has come...
  9. Will my xbox 360 psu work with an Xbox one s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will my xbox 360 psu work with an Xbox one s?: I'm buying an Xbox One S from America but the PSU will be different to the one in Ireland. Will the PSU in my Xbox 360 work or where can I buy a new PSU for the Xbox one s?...
  10. UK PSU for US xbox 1 livig in UK. Possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    UK PSU for US xbox 1 livig in UK. Possible?: A simple yes or no is a fine answer :) - I'm living in the UK. Can I use a UK PSU for a US xbox 1? 67280af1-f496-4b90-ba65-e3de546a7327