xbox xontroller wont work with headsets..

Discus and support xbox xontroller wont work with headsets.. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I plugged two headsets.. (got a new one thinking it was broken) but they don't have sound or mic work.. I reinstalled the driver twice. worked for a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by A. User, Apr 27, 2019.

1. A. User
    A. User Guest

I plugged two headsets.. (got a new one thinking it was broken)

but they don't have sound or mic work.. I reinstalled the driver twice. worked for a sec then back to not working.. even tried with the xbox assesories app and without it updating.

whats happening with my controller? (original xbox)

:)

A. User, Apr 27, 2019
  2. A. User Win User

Hi David,

Sorry for the issue with your headsets. Here is a list of troubleshooting to try out. Some you may have done already and some you may not have. Number 9 seems to be a temporary solution to this ongoing issue.

1.) power cycle console

2.)Go to settings> Kinect and Devices> Devices and Accessories> [...]> Assign controller to account> Update control> unassign account> test headset/chat

3.)Make sure mic is "ON" Press the home button> go to the Gear on the
    menu> Audio> Turn Mic off and on. OR go to settings> Kinect and Devices> Devices and Accessories> [...]>Audio> Mic on> Adjust volume.

4.)You can test your controller if it is broken by "Buzzing" the controller. The buzz feature is connected to the headset port, and if the controller does not buzz then the port may be damaged.
    [Turning on Vibration if it does not "Buzz"> Settings> Ease of Access>
    Controller> Vibration Settings> Turn on Vibration].

5.)Some mics are detachable and may be damaged so try testing the headset on another device to see if it works (Example: windows 10.

Test the Headset with Skype Test or Voice Recorder). If there is an issue with using the headset on an Xbox controller, you can try using a headset adaptor.

6.) Make sure there is no Enforcement on the account.

7.) Make sure the controller is not full of dust in the headset port (you can use compressed air to clear the dust).

8..) Make sure controller is fully charged/ change battery type.

9.) Use a headset adapter or standard headphones (Main fix)

10) Soft or full console reset. (may not work all the time)

Thanks,

Brad
  3. jenbrennan Win User

having problems with the headset wont connect with my controller im using a 3.5mm jack

Tried all of that and still nothin and the headset works perfect wit my friends . This is an absolute joke that the xbox wont allow the headset to work
  4. megpietnt Win User

Connecting an Xbox One Stereo Headset

We are having the same issue with our Afterglow AG9 for Xbox One. It was working fine for weeks, now all of a sudden our Xbox wont register our headset. Everything is glowing and working fine as far as the headset goes however it wont assign to an account
    or even show up in the accessories settings.
  5. x24hrs2livex Win User

headset wont work

6. H urt Win User

Headsets

Thema:

1. xbox xontroller wont work with headsets.. - Similar Threads - xontroller wont headsets

2. XBOX ONE X wont stop overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE X wont stop overheating: I play everyday from 5 to 10 hours and I've never had this problem, my xbox one X (not the scorpio) keeps overheating. I have it plugged directly into the power outlet. Can someone help? I...
  3. All of my Xbox360 games on xbox one wont connect to Xbox live.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All of my Xbox360 games on xbox one wont connect to Xbox live.: My Xbox360 games on Xbox one wont connect to Xbox live. When i start up the game it says ''Disconected to xbox live'' Even when i sign in it wont give me xbox live. And ithout it i won't be able...
  4. Why does Saints Row The third wont connect to xbox live on xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Saints Row The third wont connect to xbox live on xbox one?: I do not know if everyone is having this issue with xbox backwards compatible games but Saints row the third wont connect to Xbox live. 7c246b79-c3a3-48d4-9339-3cdf7fe61ca3
  5. Xbox 360 S 4GB Wont update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S 4GB Wont update: Ok guys. i havent contacted microsoft themselves yet but im to the point im about to (also yes i see all the errors in my typing and right now im just trying to get my point across and fix my...
  6. Xbox wont connect to the Internet without unplugging my wire

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont connect to the Internet without unplugging my wire: This problem just started recently, so it may have been the result of an update, but i can't find anything like this on the internet. Whenever I start up my Xbox One (the limited edition...
  7. Xbox Avatar App wont load on my profile, works on all other profiles...even wont load on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Avatar App wont load on my profile, works on all other profiles...even wont load on PC: I'm at my wits end with this....i haven't been able to load the avatar app since November. All it does its load for about 3 minutes then tell me it couldn't load my avatar, that something went...
  8. Xbox wont load games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont load games: My xbox wont turn load games b4137451-851b-4add-8197-18d1c685e7bb
  9. Why wont my achievements unlock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont my achievements unlock: I have completed the achievements for cod ww2 and its the only game where achievements wont work how to fix 9c2a5f65-5d17-448b-8bc9-14ce0bf3f852
  10. cant access my account, Microsoft wont help

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant access my account, Microsoft wont help: I have been trying to log in for the last 72 hours to Microsoft and I keep getting an error message I have contacted your support staff and they have been no help and no one can tell me why I cant...