xbox xontroller wont work with headsets..

Discus and support xbox xontroller wont work with headsets.. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I plugged two headsets.. (got a new one thinking it was broken) but they don't have sound or mic work.. I reinstalled the driver twice. worked for a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by A. User, Apr 27, 2019.

1. A. User
    A. User Guest

I plugged two headsets.. (got a new one thinking it was broken)

but they don't have sound or mic work.. I reinstalled the driver twice. worked for a sec then back to not working.. even tried with the xbox assesories app and without it updating.

whats happening with my controller? (original xbox)

:)

A. User, Apr 27, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello all,

As this is an old thread, I will be locking this one. Updates, games and everything changes often so would be best to create a new thread. Once a new thread is created we will be happy to assist you in any issues or questions you might have.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. TallestDavid Win User

sorry being late. all I did was used compressed gas in the usbs and then it magically worked haha thanks! I have a dusty pc...
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi David,

Sorry for the issue with your headsets. Here is a list of troubleshooting to try out. Some you may have done already and some you may not have. Number 9 seems to be a temporary solution to this ongoing issue.

1.) power cycle console

2.)Go to settings> Kinect and Devices> Devices and Accessories> [...]> Assign controller to account> Update control> unassign account> test headset/chat

3.)Make sure mic is "ON" Press the home button> go to the Gear on the
    menu> Audio> Turn Mic off and on. OR go to settings> Kinect and Devices> Devices and Accessories> [...]>Audio> Mic on> Adjust volume.

4.)You can test your controller if it is broken by "Buzzing" the controller. The buzz feature is connected to the headset port, and if the controller does not buzz then the port may be damaged.
    [Turning on Vibration if it does not "Buzz"> Settings> Ease of Access>
    Controller> Vibration Settings> Turn on Vibration].

5.)Some mics are detachable and may be damaged so try testing the headset on another device to see if it works (Example: windows 10.

Test the Headset with Skype Test or Voice Recorder). If there is an issue with using the headset on an Xbox controller, you can try using a headset adaptor.

6.) Make sure there is no Enforcement on the account.

7.) Make sure the controller is not full of dust in the headset port (you can use compressed air to clear the dust).

8..) Make sure controller is fully charged/ change battery type.

9.) Use a headset adapter or standard headphones (Main fix)

10) Soft or full console reset. (may not work all the time)

Thanks,

Brad
  5. jenbrennan Win User

having problems with the headset wont connect with my controller im using a 3.5mm jack

Tried all of that and still nothin and the headset works perfect wit my friends . This is an absolute joke that the xbox wont allow the headset to work
  6. megpietnt Win User

Connecting an Xbox One Stereo Headset

We are having the same issue with our Afterglow AG9 for Xbox One. It was working fine for weeks, now all of a sudden our Xbox wont register our headset. Everything is glowing and working fine as far as the headset goes however it wont assign to an account
    or even show up in the accessories settings.
Thema:

1. xbox xontroller wont work with headsets.. - Similar Threads - xontroller wont headsets

2. headset wont work

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset wont work: I have bought 5 headsets . two have worked then stopped working out of the blue. then he could hear but no one can hear him. I have gone through every test suggested. been on line and watched...
  3. Halo MCC wont install on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo MCC wont install on Windows 10: Hello I am trying to install Halo MCC on Windows 10. I had an issue where the game would say "don't have applicable devices" but got around that by hitting install on the web browser ms store. Now...
  4. xbox made a popping sound and now wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox made a popping sound and now wont turn on: i just got my xbox today and all i did was turn it on and update it and then try to set up my avatar and then there was this loud popping noise and it turned off. i tried plugging it in again and...
  5. Disc wont read Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc wont read Xbox One: I have an Xbox one that I just replaced the disc drive in due to the previous one not taking the whole disc, but after I try to inster a game the xbox comes up with a message that says I can still...
  6. XBox 360 wont connect to Live. been down for 2 days.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 wont connect to Live. been down for 2 days.: I use it mostly for watching Hulu or movies, kids use it for Minecraft. The connection test runs fine until Live test then fails. My bill is paid so not sure what is going on....
  7. So when I have my disc tray in the console it wont load into the menu

in XboX Insiders
    So when I have my disc tray in the console it wont load into the menu: So my xbox one disc tray was having issues it wouldn’t even load to the menu and wouldn’t load games it did before just fine but it’s not right now for some reason? submitted by /u/AlexanderUlti...
  8. Minecraft bedrock wont install. Stuck at 0 of 0

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock wont install. Stuck at 0 of 0: I've had minecraft bedrock on xbox one since it released as I upgraded then. Recently an update for it wouldn't install. It sat at 0 of 0. One solution I was told to try was to uninstall and...
  9. Friend wont take my account off his xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friend wont take my account off his xbox: My friend wont take my account off his xbox and keeps signing in while I'm on and it kicks me off. How can I take my account off his xbox without going on his xbox....
  10. Fortnite wont download but everything else will????

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite wont download but everything else will????: So i just got another xbox and i just started to download fortnite and it only gets up to 1.7% i have made another question before but nothing worked its happening on my New xbox one and my xbox...