Xbox1 has no sound, can't play discs/certain apps. Kinect drops in/out. I need some ...

Discus and support Xbox1 has no sound, can't play discs/certain apps. Kinect drops in/out. I need some ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For the last 2 weeks my Xbox One has had no sound, with the Kinect randomly dropping in and out. In fact, it seems to not register any cables plugged... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheRainmakerMan, May 30, 2014.

1. Xbox1 has no sound, can't play discs/certain apps. Kinect drops in/out. I need some ...

For the last 2 weeks my Xbox One has had no sound, with the Kinect randomly dropping in and out. In fact, it seems to not register any cables plugged into it other than the power cable. When I pop in a game disc, it enlarges from the home screen to the game
    app logo but freezes on it. Did I catch a bad update bug with the April one? I'm very confuzzled.

:)

TheRainmakerMan, May 30, 2014
  2. VibroPlex
    VibroPlex Guest
    Random Lag Issues in Game with MW3

Hassassinade is dead right on. Please try bypassing the router and tell us if the lag persists.

If it does, your ISP has some 'splainin to do.

If it does not persist, your router needs a tuneup.

VibroPlex, May 30, 2014
  3. igotaspoon
    igotaspoon Guest
    Frame rate drops

I've been looking up my situation but there's just simply no response that solves my case..

Yes, I did clear my system cache and installed the certain games that made it lag yet nothing changed.

Whenever I play a certain game that requires a lot of frame rate (FC3, Dead Island, Dead Space) I just get random frame rate drops between
    cutscenes or just even in gameplay

I gave a friend all my discs to check if I had buggy discs or something wrong was with them, no problem with them. We both have the same
    Xbox 360 Elite 120GB consoles

and he runs them perfectly fine while mine, in the other hand has some bad frame rate drops. There's NO screen tearing whatsoever..

I'm not sure if it has to do anything with the HDMI cable, but I wanna just double check before I start spending on something that doesn't fix the problem.

So I ask, does anyone have a method of fixing this?

Thanks

igotaspoon, May 30, 2014
  4. Xbox1 has no sound, can't play discs/certain apps. Kinect drops in/out. I need some ...

I just had this happen to me within the last two days on mine. Kinect would constantly turn on and off, game (Forza) wouldn't load, and video based items (TV, Netflix, etc.) would open, but would not function (only playing for a moment then freezing and
    repeating). This was happening along with there being no sound.

I did a hard cycle of the system (turning off the xbox by holding the power button for about 5 seconds and then turning it back on about 30 seconds later) and it is now functioning properly.

Give this a shot!

ViperTruck195, May 31, 2014
  5. ViperTruck195 Win User

Xbox1 has no sound, can't play discs/certain apps. Kinect drops in/out. I need some splainin'.

I just had this happen to me within the last two days on mine. Kinect would constantly turn on and off, game (Forza) wouldn't load, and video based items (TV, Netflix, etc.) would open, but would not function (only playing for a moment then freezing and
    repeating). This was happening along with there being no sound.

I did a hard cycle of the system (turning off the xbox by holding the power button for about 5 seconds and then turning it back on about 30 seconds later) and it is now functioning properly.

Give this a shot!
  6. Keltic Kelly Win User

360 games on xbox1

It plays dvds ok also xbox1 discs

Looks like a new console how much to repair out of warranty xbox1
  7. Dark destiny Win User

Issue with Kinect not being Mandatory

Imploive, the Kinect is still mandatory, just you can't disconnect it, some titles and some games will offer more functionality with Kinect, so it might very well need Kinect plugged in for that title to run.

User buys game -> "Your Kinect is not plugged in, plug in Kinect to play" -> *Crap* person has to go out and buy one because they stupidly sold it
  8. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox One S will not play UHD Criminal disc

Hi, could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the Blu-Ray app to ensure you have the very latest version. If that doesn't help then it could be a faulty disc.

Others have reported that certain UHD discs simply refuse to play which could be the case, if that's so then I suspect the Blu-Ray app may need a further update at some point.
  9. thatSTEVEguyXD Win User

HELP!

I was wondering. my console has been signing me out when I start a game/app and it makes it where I can't even play some games, I need help please!
Thema:

Xbox1 has no sound, can't play discs/certain apps. Kinect drops in/out. I need some ...

1. Xbox1 has no sound, can't play discs/certain apps. Kinect drops in/out. I need some ... - Similar Threads - Xbox1 has sound

2. My xbox1 gamertag was changed without my permission

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox1 gamertag was changed without my permission: My friend changed my gamertag and i want it back to the original without paying 10$ if you can help. 04901f15-de5b-49dd-b79d-492ac37df70d
  3. Xbox1 will not let me run my sky go extra app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox1 will not let me run my sky go extra app: xbox 1 will not let me run the sky go extra app It will let me download the sky go installer.exe I click save After its finished downloading it aske to run then it says search for app in store we...
  4. Xbox1 s won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox1 s won't turn on: The console power light comes on but nothing else happens. After about a minute it goes off again. I've done all the unplugging, checking power supply stuff but nothing works. I've had no recent...
  5. XBOX1 won't use my 2TB 3.0 480mbps Flash Drive as game installation location

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX1 won't use my 2TB 3.0 480mbps Flash Drive as game installation location: I have tried literally everything from CMD, diskpart, chkdsk, diskpart clean, completely wipe and delete the partition and reformat NTFS. Tried disk manager, made sure it's MBR type and my Xbox...
  6. Every time I try to download an account xbox 360 menu on xbox1 I get to the remember...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I try to download an account xbox 360 menu on xbox1 I get to the remember...: Every time I try to download an account xbox 360 menu on xbox1 I get to the remember password screen and I can’t do anything, the side bar just shows its loading and i cant click sign in- it just...
  7. log in for xbox1

in XBoX on Consoles
    log in for xbox1: when I try to log in a screen pops up saying try again in a while we cant sign you in error code 0x8007000E 39a9f5e6-d7eb-4d99-8ac5-ba918ade2613
  8. Xbox1s discless how do I play disc games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox1s discless how do I play disc games?: So i recently got a Xbox 1S discless and i cant play any of my disc games and i dont want to have to buy them all back on the xbox is there a way yall can transfer my disc games to my Xbox 1s...
  9. My xbox1 has gone off and now it won't turn back on?!?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox1 has gone off and now it won't turn back on?!?!: My xbox1 suddenly went off mid game and chat and now it won't t turn back on!! The power pack turns orange until I plug it into the console then it just goes off completely? !?! Please help???...
  10. Xbox1 has no display

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox1 has no display: After playing my xb1 for hours w/no difficulty, I had to reset my router. I also reset my xb, unplugging power cord from block. When I turned it back on, it had changed my tv resolution settings...