Xbox260 cannot update using USB

Discus and support Xbox260 cannot update using USB in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi I downloaded the update SW on a USB but cannot get the Xbox360 to automatically run from the USB I checked that the storage does detect the USB... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by markchia1, Sep 9, 2019.

1. markchia1
    markchia1 Guest

Hi

I downloaded the update SW on a USB but cannot get the Xbox360 to automatically run from the USB

I checked that the storage does detect the USB

:)

markchia1, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Capitain Gonzo Win User

3. Toxic Spectra Win User

Need to put the Newest update available to download on usb on xbox.com

4. IronmanSS Win User

Subject : 2TB hard drive for xbox 360

Using a 2TB Western Digital Passport Ultra with no issues formatting to be used as storage. However, I did notice one caveat about this System update with regard to the newly allowed large USB storage: These devices cannot be formatted as "System Storage"
    which means they cannot hold "System Updates", smaller (system cache) title updates, etc. Basically, these larger USB storage devices cannot be used without a 360 Hard Drive, the 4GB Internal Storage, or some other 32GB USB device to act as the "System Storage".
    So using a 2TB USB Drive instead of a 360 Hard Drive isn't going to work too well.

I guess they are limited to simply holding the game files and saves, which is great of course, but I was hoping that they would be able to act as "System Storage" as well, similar to the way the 32GB Flash Drives can.
  5. GMAN990 Win User

Can't uppdate/connect to xbox live?!

That code is still an update error code, if you cannot get the update wired or wireless please update via USB
  6. brandonzhu Win User

Updating and connecting to xbox live

I have tried all of the suggestions on that page. Once I update the console using the USB another message pops up saying that it cannot connect to xbox live.
Thema:

1. Xbox260 cannot update using USB - Similar Threads - Xbox260 cannot update

2. Xbox consol companion cannot add or accept friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox consol companion cannot add or accept friends: First of all, I'm so sorry about even though I'm korean, Im asking this problem with my bad English. But I couldn't get any help in Korean community. As the title says I can't add friends or...
  3. I cannot access my fortnite Xbox account on mobile fortnite

in XBoX on Mobile
    I cannot access my fortnite Xbox account on mobile fortnite: Dear microsoft i have bean having an issue with logging into my microsoft fortnite account. Every time i login this shows up: [img] Microsoft i need suggestions on how to fix or you need to fix...
  4. Cannot download profile onto Xbox One backwards compatible games. Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download profile onto Xbox One backwards compatible games. Why?: As i said i cannot download my profile onto games that are backwards compatible from the 360 to the One. I have tried to play "The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition" and "Battlefield...
  5. Cannot play xbox 360 games online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot play xbox 360 games online: Hello, ever since I got NBN and my new modem I cannot play xbox 360 games online on my xbox. Thanks Jake 2bb67641-0ab4-48cf-9f32-e9b7c8e9f39d
  6. xbox 网络中的NAT类型 teredo 无法进行限定 服务器链接也被阻止 [NAT type teredo in the xbox network Teredo cannot...

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 网络中的NAT类型 teredo 无法进行限定 服务器链接也被阻止 [NAT type teredo in the xbox network Teredo cannot...: xbox 网络中的NAT类型 teredo 法进行限定 服务器链接也被阻止 开 速器也 法进入在线模式游戏 [Translation-NAT type teredo in the xbox network teredo cannot qualify The server link is also blocked The accelerator cannot enter the...
  7. I cannot redeem Microsoft reward points

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I cannot redeem Microsoft reward points: I have Microsoft reward points that I want to use to buy Xbox gift cards. Every time I try to redeem those points I get this: " There's an issue with your account or order Please contact...
  8. I cannot apply online for my Microsoft Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot apply online for my Microsoft Account: I have searched high and low on the internet but nothing helps so I would appreciate anybody sending info to me. By the way I want to join my friends on iPhone and Nintendo Switch On Minecraft...
  9. Cannot connect to FH4 servers on xcloud

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot connect to FH4 servers on xcloud: When im playing on xcloud and I try to connect to an online session in Forza horizon 4 I get a pop up that says Unable to join session even though my network is perfectly fine and capable of 5Ghz...
  10. Problem trying to pay for new games in xbox260

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Problem trying to pay for new games in xbox260: Hi, I'm Fernando Sosa, I'm from Argentina, I have a xbox 360 and all my attempts to pay for a new games are rejected, the credit card information is correct and the billing address is updated. As...