XBox360 Wireless Controller - Lights keep flashing after most recent update (2021)

Discus and support XBox360 Wireless Controller - Lights keep flashing after most recent update (2021) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So yesterday I updated to the most recent Windows build, to fix a BSOD issue I was having while using Chrome. It seems to have fixed that, but now, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Skabbonica, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Skabbonica
    Skabbonica Guest

XBox360 Wireless Controller - Lights keep flashing after most recent update (2021)

So yesterday I updated to the most recent Windows build, to fix a BSOD issue I was having while using Chrome. It seems to have fixed that, but now, the two wireless 360 controllers that I have (played while charging in a USB port, since the batteries don't last long anymore), keep flashing all 4 lights, never settling on which one is player 1 (or 2, etc).
    The odd thing is, the controllers still work. If I hit the XBox button, the game bar pops up. I can use them to control games. It's just the lights flashing, which wasn't happening yesterday.

A rollback is out, since I'd much rather deal with this than constant BSODs, but any ideas?

Thanks

:)

Skabbonica, Feb 20, 2021
  2. ZeoTH56 Win User

controller help

hey thanks for the help I tried turning it on manual and the controller sync but after that it won't sync anymore and the lights keep on flashing on the controller. when I try to go sync it with the 360 but the 360 doesn't pick it up and the lights still
    flash on the controller. what does this also mean?
  3. Irixion Win User

Lights on 360 Wireless Controller keep flashing

Could be from interference. I would try a different brand of batteries though. Sometimes the controller just doesn't sit well with what type of batteries you're using.
  4. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

can you replace the batteries for that controller, to see if that makes any difference.

Also try powering the console off, disconnect the power supply from the wall and console and leave it like that for at least 60 seconds. After that connect the power supply to the console and the wall socket and power the console on again.

Let us know the results
  5. theanikun Win User

Ive seen this issue before, its generally a hit and miss fix, but if you have a second console or have a friend that can let you sync it to theirs first to rule out the console being at fault, if it does the same on the second console, then its the controller
    that's faulty and needs to be repaired or replaced
  6. ElectroFlying Win User

Hello.

If you have two controllers synk the one which works fine up 1st, and then synk the one you're having trouble with as controller 2. If no joy try synking up with a 2nd console. In this way you'll change the RF signal in the controller and then retry the
    controller with your console again.

Hope you get it working again.
Thema:

1. XBox360 Wireless Controller - Lights keep flashing after most recent update (2021) - Similar Threads - XBox360 Wireless Controller

2. Xbox360 Wireless Controller für pc/android

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox360 Wireless Controller für pc/android: Hallo allerseits, Ich habe einen Wireless Controller für die Xbox360 und habe mir extra ein kabel gekauft womit ich mein controller an den pc schließen kann, was jedoch nicht funktioniert bei...
  3. Pair an XBOX360 wireless controller with XBOX360 after it has paired with Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pair an XBOX360 wireless controller with XBOX360 after it has paired with Xbox One: I have an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One. I purchased the Elite wireless controller to use with the Xbox One and an Xbox 360 wireless controller to use with my Xbox 360. For a brief period, it all...
  4. Xbox360 wireless controller not syncing to pc, already Devmanaged.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 wireless controller not syncing to pc, already Devmanaged.: I connected the controller to its main console. While attempting to connect to the PC, it is not syncing. I have used both drivers for my dongle. This has always worked for me in the several...
  5. Xbox360 wireless controller to PC problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 wireless controller to PC problem: So, my xbox360 wireless controller, doesent connect to my PC. I have asus rog strix something When i first did it, it connected COMPLETELY fine and quick. Then i tired to use it and it diddint...
  6. can i use xbox 360 wireless controller with my xbox360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can i use xbox 360 wireless controller with my xbox360?: I purchased an "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows". I am wondering: if I plug the receiver into my xbox 360 USB port, can I use the controller on my console? Anyone tried this? Otherwise I...
  7. My xbox360 controller doesn't connect to the wireless receiver

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox360 controller doesn't connect to the wireless receiver: Hello, I have been trying to connect my xbox360 controller to my laptop, but I'm not able to solve that. My wireless receiver is working as it should be and my controller as wel. But the...
  8. Can't get xbox360 wireless pc controller to work...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get xbox360 wireless pc controller to work...: First, I want to say that there is most likely something very simple that I need to or should have done. win 10 laptop is 6 mo. old 64 as maxed as I could buy it So, I plug in the usb receiver,...
  9. Wireless xbox360 controller for windows headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless xbox360 controller for windows headphones: I have a wireless xbox360 controller for windows (wireless adapter connection). What headphone can i use with it in Windows 10? What type of sound can i hear (i mean game sounds or/and chat...
  10. can not connect wireless controller to original white xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    can not connect wireless controller to original white xbox360: Had original black xbox 360 that was freezing the games. Could not resolve the issues. Daughter game ne her white 360 but the wireless controllers are not working on it....