XboxOne streaming app overlays and notification system

Discus and support XboxOne streaming app overlays and notification system in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I created notification system called FSN - Web Server's Default Page One of the common question I get is how to make it work on consoles and my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bobekfpj, Mar 24, 2015.

1. bobekfpj
    bobekfpj Guest

Hi

I created notification system called FSN - Web Server's Default Page

One of the common question I get is how to make it work on consoles and my answer is- You cant!

You only can use something like that if you buy a capture card and stream through PC.

People that stream on Pc can add pictures or create stream overlays or use notification systems to show popup animations during the stream when people send them money or subscribe to twitch channel.

Current streaming app on Xbox does not allow to have something like this.

You only can stream and chat, you cant make anything with the stream, you can have overlays nor use anything to make your stream different from other streams.

Now because of that people are using capture cards to stream using PC, they use Elgato or some other card and use OBS/XSplit to stream it from PC adding all those extra features I described ealier.

OBS and XSplit (streaming apps) can have those extra features because they have an chromium browser running as overlay where you can show htm pages, images, anything you want.

Could we have the same done to this app, essentially having an chromium based overlay that allows to open external html pages?

I'm sure community would help to implement this, I know i would,

You should consider this, especially since there is high demand for overlays.

Br

:)

bobekfpj, Mar 24, 2015
  2. EardleyEFC
    EardleyEFC Guest
    Win10 > XboxOne Streaming - Not Displaying Video

Hi all,

So, streaming my XboxOne to my Win10 PC isn't working (It has worked previously, but I'm not sure when it stopped working).

All the streaming settings on my Xbox are enabled. I can find and connect to my Xbox on my PC. When I "test streaming" all options show a green tick, no issues displayed. When I click "stream" my PC enters full screen, as if it thinks it is streaming the
    Xbox. My xbox, connected to the TV, receives a pop up stating I have started streaming. My laptop plays the sound from my Xbox, however, it just shows the same screen as before (the console connect screen of the Xbox app) grayed out. I don't see my actual
    XboxOne screen displayed...

I have updated the Xbox app, I have disconnected and "forgotten" my XboxOne, then reconnected. I have powered down fully my XboxOne and PC, before reconnecting both. No luck.

Does anyone have any ideas? Has anyone encountered the same issues before?

Thanks in advance,

- Dan

EardleyEFC, Mar 24, 2015
  3. Bjones88
    Bjones88 Guest
    Party overlay

I always use party overlay. It’s nice to be able to see who is talking when in a game. With that being said, last night I turned my party overlay on (for some reason half the time that I turn on the Xbox the party overlay is off, and half the time it remembers that I left it on) it worked for a few minutes and then disappeared... so I went back to party settings, saw that the overlay switch was ON, and there was a black bar where the gamer tag usually shows up for my overlay. (Middle right of screen for me). It will not go away, and I also can no longer send messages, nor can I see notifications.... I turned it off last night and went to bed. Just turned it on again, same issue. Black bar where the overlay would be, and I can’t receive notifications though all the settings are set to receive. Also, probably the most annoying is that when I hold down the Xbox button on my controller, instead of the “power down or turn off controller” popping up like normal, it opens the party tab! I’m so confused

Bjones88, Mar 24, 2015
  4. bobekfpj
    bobekfpj Guest

Is this forum even aliveXboxOne streaming app overlays and notification system :) ?

bobekfpj, Mar 29, 2015
  5. bobekfpj Win User

Is this forum even alive:) ?
  6. CyberKnoxx Win User

Xbox Streaming

Sometimes I still stream from my Xbox. I use Mixer just because its the easiest to set up and go.

If they start adding more options like overlays, notifications etc... I might stream more from the Xbox.
  7. Anghellic Karma Win User

Remove mixer and community app from my console

I don't use Mixer, either, but I don't mind it being there since it's basically a system app.

What bothers me most is the overlay bar I can't get rid of when I do
    stream, though!
  8. chibirobo1 Win User

Twitch Streaming on Xbox needs an Option to REMOVE the OVERLAY

They both use the same overlay, but both apps have different settings. No this images are from the Twitch end. I stream to Twitch, not Mixer. Which is why this is a Microsoft issue, not twitch. It's Microsofts API, hence why the mixer overlay is the
    same.
  9. Vinny #1 Win User

Windows 10 Xbox Companion App Not Receiving Party Invitations

What notification setting? Im pretty sure the xbox companion app is just busted
    Windows 10 notifications.

Whenever I play Streaming mode in the app, the notification settings change to not be displayed.
Thema:

1. XboxOne streaming app overlays and notification system - Similar Threads - XboxOne streaming app

2. Can't save my XBOX360 game file in GTA4 on XBOXONE

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't save my XBOX360 game file in GTA4 on XBOXONE: HI,i am a gamer of GTA,due to XBOXONE playing X360 games depend on LIVE server,I find something interesting in this "system".First my network enviroment base my ASUA Router as a main router...
  3. : XBoxOne x

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : XBoxOne x: : XBoxOne x Thank you, Thundahawk15. Password worked until today...wondering if it's a hardware issue. bd1d363c-bc87-4e62-9b7d-393e6eb0de13
  4. Top spin 4 for xboxone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Top spin 4 for xboxone: Incredible that a game like top was not possible the back for xbox one 3404bcd7-1a6c-4c87-bc21-5744e57a540a
  5. Repost from /r/XboxOne. Console Companion app streaming isn't working after Windows update.

in XboX Insiders
    Repost from /r/XboxOne. Console Companion app streaming isn't working after Windows update.: I just updated Windows (edit: version 1903) after getting a message that the April edition will no longer be supported and afterwords when trying to stream from my Xbox One X to my computer (so I...
  6. Why was streaming from OneDrive through the Groove App on XboxOne discontinued.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was streaming from OneDrive through the Groove App on XboxOne discontinued.: I played my music at home this way all the time. The best speakers in my house are attached to the TV, so this was a great option. Thanks. 6721e1da-6d5f-493b-bf93-5289960fca14
  7. Win10 > XboxOne Streaming - Not Displaying Video

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Win10 > XboxOne Streaming - Not Displaying Video: Hi all, So, streaming my XboxOne to my Win10 PC isn't working (It has worked previously, but I'm not sure when it stopped working). All the streaming settings on my Xbox are enabled. I can find...
  8. (xpost from Win10Forum) Issue with XboxOne game streaming with Win10 Pro N

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (xpost from Win10Forum) Issue with XboxOne game streaming with Win10 Pro N: Since first trying it a week back I have been unable to stream games from my xbox one to the PC. In case this becomes a open discussion and others are facing similar issue here's what I tried: 1....
  9. Turtle Beach Ear Force Wired Stream Mic For XBOXONE?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach Ear Force Wired Stream Mic For XBOXONE?: First off all idk if this is the right place to ask (To many forums to pick from) But i started doing some youtube and I'm just doing this for fun, So im not looking to Pay tons of money for the...
  10. 0x8000FFFF error when streaming from fone to xboxone

in XBoX on Consoles
    0x8000FFFF error when streaming from fone to xboxone: I stream films from my Android fone to my xbox one but after a while I get a 0x8000FFFF error. This has only happened in the last week. Any way to fix this, any questions on the 0x8000FFFF error...