Xbox’s name changing policy

Discus and support Xbox’s name changing policy in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently changed my name on Xbox to something different, but eventually came to not like it and wanted to change it back, but now I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by HenryTagg, Jan 20, 2022.

1. HenryTagg
    HenryTagg Guest

Hello, I have recently changed my name on Xbox to something different, but eventually came to not like it and wanted to change it back, but now I have to pay a 20$ fee to change my name? This is just criminal, can anyone give me a reason why they do this? They should at least let me change my name back to what it was before, the reason I didn’t stop to think about it is because I use discord frequently and I thought that Xbox would do the same thing (as in give infinite name changes)

The letters in the name changing page that talk about the fee are so close to the backgrounds colour I didn’t even see it.

Can someone help me change my name back? Or can you at least give a reason they have the fee? Thank you.

:)

HenryTagg, Jan 20, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

Need a free gamertag change.

Last year that was the policy for a forced name change. The policy has changed since then and you will have to pay to change your name. There is no way to get a free change.
  3. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

sick gamertag

Hey there, the Policy Enforcement Team's action in regards to the first gamertag was a forced name change. If they keep issuing forced name changes to the same person, they may issue an account suspension. There's a no 'naming and shaming' policy on the
    forums; the Policy Enforcement Team won't see your post. Be sure to file a complaint again.
  4. xTye Win User

Forced Gamer tag change

The new policy is that you're given a random name upon being given a Forced Name Change. You should have known that it was against the rules and would eventually happen. Unfortunately, since it happened after the policy was changed, you'll have to pay $9.99
    to choose a new name.
  5. AccyJr Win User

Xbox One DRM update- Is ANYONE else mad about this?

6. AccyJr Win User

Xbox one now stuck in the past.

Thema:

1. Xbox’s name changing policy - Similar Threads - Xbox’s name changing

2. xbox name change has wrong currency

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox name change has wrong currency: hi i am trying to change my name and every my currency is on euro's but when i try to change my name it is for some reason in brittish pounds how do i fix this? [img]...
  3. Xbox name unable to be changed in Google Home fixed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox name unable to be changed in Google Home fixed: This is a solution to an issue that doesn't seem to have a readily available answer online. Apologies for the redundancy if it has been solved. Issue: After an Xbox name change the name would not...
  4. Xbox real name not changing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox real name not changing: Hi i was wondering how long it takes for your real name to update on xbox i changed it on xbox and on the microsoft website its shows it changed on my microsoft account but when i restart my...
  5. Why can't I change my username on xbox from Dev elgato to my old name, Ar12 dev elgato?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change my username on xbox from Dev elgato to my old name, Ar12 dev elgato?: Today I accidentally changed my xbox username and i can't get it back. Can someone help me with this? c8a8b257-b954-44e8-903b-7954f3df2aea
  6. xbox gamertag free name change

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox gamertag free name change: Please let me reset my gamertag back to what it was before i accidentally changed it, the one i have currently isn't the one that i wanted, i was just testing names and pressed the wrong button...
  7. Xbox gamertag name change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamertag name change: Is there any way to know if i changed my gamertag or old gamertags other than seeing i have to pay for a new one? i'm sure that i changed my gamertag a week ago then when i logged back in halo...
  8. Xbox name changing problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox name changing problem: hello! i changed my xbox name on my account at 9.11.2021 and it changed the name of my second account to the same name too, and i have now to pay for changing the name for the second account can...
  9. Hot to Changing Greeting Name when i start my Xbox X?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hot to Changing Greeting Name when i start my Xbox X?: Hot to Changing Greeting Name when I start my Xbox X? ff7ed105-14ac-4dfc-a122-819575089df5
  10. changed name on xbox website, lost all my data

in XBoX on Windows
    changed name on xbox website, lost all my data: i was playing halo MCC and decided to change my name. i logged out and in of MCC, just to find out that i lost all my files and progress in the game. my gamertag was Gamersolder04 but i canged it...