XGP 'Administrator Apprval required for installation' games issue

Discus and support XGP 'Administrator Apprval required for installation' games issue in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm having issues installing most games on Windows 11 (also happens on Windows 10) that has the 'Administrator Approval required for installation.', as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by cindrmon, Apr 17, 2022.

1. cindrmon
    cindrmon Guest

I'm having issues installing most games on Windows 11 (also happens on Windows 10) that has the 'Administrator Approval required for installation.', as when i try clicking 'Install', it doesn't show any hard drives to install it on. Only if when the game doesn't have that info, it is installable. It is kind of odd that I was still able to download a few games when I freshly installed windows 11, but after rebooting my pc, it doesn't let me anymore. I'm just trying out Xbox Game Pass and it is quite unfortunate that this is my experience with it currently.

Here's an example when I try installing Stardew Valley:

XGP 'Administrator Apprval required for installation' games issue [​IMG]

Here's an example when I try installing a game without the 'Administrator Approval' (Forza Horizon 4). This is also what it is supposed to look like when installing games through the Xbox app:

Here is where you'll find if a game has 'Administrator Approval' or not:

I don't know if someone else has this problem. Besides that, it doesn't even have any error message when installing it. I'm just staring at an empty area in which a hard drive selection prompt should be visible.

:)

cindrmon, Apr 17, 2022
  2. Francis Hayle Win User

Don't forget to mark my reply as an answer so other people can know that, my reply was an answer, thank you! It'll help other people!
  3. cindrmon Win User

after a Microsoft agent got the app to work I got hit with the error message again, and I couldn't install any more games, so the app was pretty much useless, so I dived in, and did some tinkering), and i tried this and it seemed to have reset the app

first delete this folder

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\xinputhid

then go to settings and click on terminate, repair, reset, and then uninstall the app, then go to the Microsoft store a redownload the Xbox app and see if the normal dialog comes up where it should be back to normal, like i said i did this and i got the app reset with the normal dialog.

i wouldn't be telling you this info if the app wasn't fixed for me

I hope this helps, if it does let me know! thanks

francis
    Hello. As I mentioned before, there is no 'Services' folder in "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet". Did you mean "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\xinputhid"?

UPDATE EDIT: It worked! But again, the regedit path should be "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\xinputhid", not "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\xinputhid". Thank you again for your help!
  4. Francis Hayle Win User

after a Microsoft agent got the app to work I got hit with the error message again, and I couldn't install any more games, so the app was pretty much useless, so I dived in, and did some tinkering), and i tried this and it seemed to have reset the app

first delete this folder

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\xinputhid

then go to settings and click on terminate, repair, reset, and then uninstall the app, then go to the Microsoft store a redownload the Xbox app and see if the normal dialog comes up where it should be back to normal, like i said i did this and i got the app reset with the normal dialog.

i wouldn't be telling you this info if the app wasn't fixed for me

I hope this helps, if it does let me know! thanks

francis
  5. cindrmon Win User

That is the full correct path I can open in regedit on Windows 11. ?
    "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet" doesn't have the folder "Services" on it.

[​IMG]
  6. Francis Hayle Win User

Okay try and locate, the two files under "current user" instead
Thema:

1. XGP 'Administrator Apprval required for installation' games issue - Similar Threads - XGP 'Administrator Apprval

2. File System Error upon any game launch from XGP (-2015294512)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    File System Error upon any game launch from XGP (-2015294512): I keep on getting File System Error (-2015294512) every time I try to launch any game from the Xbox app that I have downloaded from XGP. I am on PC. I have tried multiple online solutions such...
  3. xgp游戏安装提示需要管理员批准

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xgp游戏安装提示需要管理员批准: 我在xbox应用中没有找到这款游戏 后来去网页版本的xgp找到并跳转到xbox应用准备下载 但是提示安装需要管理员批准 已经尝试过更新系统 新建一个本地的管理员账户 都没有效果(家庭版) [img] [ *** Moved from Chinese Community by Microsoft Moderator *** ]...
  4. 买了xgp会员为什么游戏显示不可用(Why does the game display unavailable when I bought an xgp member)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    买了xgp会员为什么游戏显示不可用(Why does the game display unavailable when I bought an xgp member): [img] 如图显示的有好多游戏都显示不可用 As shown in the figure, many games are unavailable 7405c64b-7090-49c4-9490-fe4ef7dab6bd
  5. XGP can't download jump to EA on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XGP can't download jump to EA on Xbox: After downloading EA, it still shows that you want to download eadesktop, and Xbox is bound to ea. It also shows that I am EA play, but I still can't download EA games from Xbox [img] [img]...
  6. It Takes Two (and other EA Play games) not installing on XGP for PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    It Takes Two (and other EA Play games) not installing on XGP for PC: So my Xbox Game Pass for PC is installing regular games fine, but is now failing to install EA Play games. I've tried opening the EA app myself, but it still won't work, and I can't install It...
  7. [XGP - The Outer Worlds] IndianaWindowsStore-Win64-Shipping.exe ERROR when closing the game

in XBoX on Windows
    [XGP - The Outer Worlds] IndianaWindowsStore-Win64-Shipping.exe ERROR when closing the game: Every time you quit The Outer Worlds (Xbox Game Pass version) the closes followed up a pop-up saying "IndianaWindowsStore-Win64-Shipping.exe" has stopped working correctly. The following error is...
  8. I can't see my XGP Ultimate Perks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't see my XGP Ultimate Perks: Hello there! I have been subscribed to XGP Ultimate since 23rd of January 2021. Since then new perks have not been added. How can I fix this? [img] 8ca99624-10a4-4eb9-b9eb-4919c57bf1af
  9. I bought XGP For PC, but it says "get game pass" when I try to download games

in XboX Insiders
    I bought XGP For PC, but it says "get game pass" when I try to download games: Hey. I was a XGP Ultimate user 2 months ago, last month I cancelled my subscription and today I got a standart XGP. I can download or play the games I played 2 months ago, but for new games it...
  10. Xbox Game Pass XGP: Forza Horizon 4 connection issues on ethernet.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass XGP: Forza Horizon 4 connection issues on ethernet.: I can't connect to horizon life. It's saying that I'm not connected to the internet but I am. I tried everything I can but it won't work. Someone please help me. 2625a2e9-f278-4a0d-8ea3-c5e46dac435f