Yamaha RX-V375: 4K HDR TV issue

Discus and support Yamaha RX-V375: 4K HDR TV issue in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Yamaha (Audio/Video Receivers) RX-V375: 4K HDR TV issue Pretty sure, I'll double check. Even when I connect straight from Xbox to TV, no amp, I get... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by kris.amietamiet, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Yamaha RX-V375: 4K HDR TV issue

Yamaha (Audio/Video Receivers) RX-V375: 4K HDR TV issue
    Pretty sure, I'll double check. Even when I connect straight from Xbox to TV, no amp, I get similar issues. I have managed to get a signal but it is flicking in and out. When I try to play a HDR Xbox game the whole signal gets lost.

:)

kris.amietamiet, Oct 1, 2019
  2. kris.amietamiet Win User

Pretty sure, I'll double check. Even when I connect straight from Xbox to TV, no amp, I get similar issues. I have managed to get a signal but it is flicking in and out. When I try to play a HDR Xbox game the whole signal gets lost.
  3. Rodney Mayhew Win User

Yamaha RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR

Hi

ARC is a feature on TV's and is not required to be a feature on the XBOX. Basically its a daisy-chain system where all audio and video features are process by the receiver as well as the TV. This allows
    TV and gaming consoles to all have their audio processed via the receiver instead of separate connections / sources.

In theory, ARC is supposed to let you have one connection between your TV and whatever you use to create sound: a receiver or a sound bar .
    You send video to the TV with an HDMI cable, and that same HDMI cable sends audio from the TV back down the same cable.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

XBox One S wont recognize UHD capability

I was looking through the online manuals for both your Yamaha receiver and your Samsung TV, and I think I found the problem.

Your Yamaha RX-V575 does not support 4K@60Hz, according to the HDMI specs in
    this page of the RX-V575 manual
    . It is only compatible with 4K@24/25/30Hz, which seems to be why the Xbox is not properly displaying 4K while connected
    to the Yamaha receiver.

I suggest you plug the Xbox directly into the TV's HDMI port, and use an optical cable from the Xbox to the Yamaha receiver if you have a sound system set up.
  5. Porsche986dad Win User

XBox One S wont recognize UHD capability

I was looking through the online manuals for both your Yamaha receiver and your Samsung TV, and I think I found the problem.

Your Yamaha RX-V575 does not support 4K@60Hz, according to the HDMI specs in
    this page of the RX-V575 manual
    . It is only compatible with 4K@24/25/30Hz, which seems to be why the Xbox is not properly displaying 4K while connected
    to the Yamaha receiver.

I suggest you plug the Xbox directly into the TV's HDMI port, and use an optical cable from the Xbox to the Yamaha receiver if you have a sound system set up.
    You nailed it. The Yamaha pass through was the issue. Hooked it up as you suggested and BAM! Apparently some Netflix content is broadcast in 4K at under 60hz, which I could receive and view. That led me to believe that all 4k content should be viewable.
    Not true obviously.. I was not getting anything in 4K@60Hz - which is a LOT I see. Yamaha users be advised......check your specs.
  6. Blomman Win User

XBox One X with Yamaha RX-V481 - no 4K

I have the same problem with my Yamaha RX-V583, get green checks in the xbox 4k settngs but no picture with 4k resolution....
Thema:

1. Yamaha RX-V375: 4K HDR TV issue - Similar Threads - Yamaha V375 HDR

2. XBox One S connected to Yamaha RX-A1080 turns on Zone 2 on and off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One S connected to Yamaha RX-A1080 turns on Zone 2 on and off.: In a previous post that is now locked, I'm having the same issue. I have my Xbox One S connected HDMI through my Yamaha receiver RX-A1080. Everytime I turn on my Xbox, it turns on my receiver...
  3. Yamaha RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Yamaha RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR: Yamaha (Audio/Video Receivers) RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR Hi ARC is a feature on TV's and is not required to be a feature on the XBOX. Basically...
  4. Xbox one X signal drop with Yamaha Reciever and HDR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X signal drop with Yamaha Reciever and HDR: So I recently was able to get HDR passthrough correctly through my Yamaha receiver RXv681 by using the MS provided HDMI cable and choosing the correct mode for the receiver, but now, when a game...
  5. Yamaha YSP-4100: How to connect my XBOX ONE S to my TV / Soundbar

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Yamaha YSP-4100: How to connect my XBOX ONE S to my TV / Soundbar: Yamaha (Audio/Video Receivers) YSP-4100: How to connect my XBOX ONE S to my TV / Soundbar Was it ever working? Dolby support is broken on the xbox right now... An update is coming, but there is no...
  6. xbox blu ray player not working with Yamaha RX-A760

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox blu ray player not working with Yamaha RX-A760: I bought a Yamaha RX-A760. I have an xbox S and an xbox X, a PS4 and various PCs that I connect to my 1080p Sharp 3D TV via the receiver. The PS4 and all the PCs work well with the receiver. I...
  7. XBOX one X and Yamaha YSP-5600 connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX one X and Yamaha YSP-5600 connection: Hi, could anyone help me with connection issue between Xbox one x and soundbar yap-5600 - if Xbox is connected directly to the soundbar (hdmi1) and soundbar to 4K tv a1 Sony (arc hdmi3), then...
  8. yamaha rx-v583 and Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    yamaha rx-v583 and Xbox One X: Just got my xbox one x and connected it to my yamaha rx-v583, rx-v583 is connected to my sony KD-55XE9005 (us name X900E) Everything in the xbox menu 4K TV details says ok, but when switching to...
  9. XBox One X with Yamaha RX-V481 - no 4K

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One X with Yamaha RX-V481 - no 4K: I have the receiver in the subject. It supports 4k both through upscaling and pass through. It supports UHD, HDR, etc. However, my new Xbox one x won't recognize the 4k TV on the other end of it....
  10. HDR + Dolby Atmos, LG 2017 OLED TV, Yamaha RX-A860

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR + Dolby Atmos, LG 2017 OLED TV, Yamaha RX-A860: Last week, I finally took the plunge into 4K, and I'm very pleased overall. I purchased a new XBOX ONE S back in December in preparation for this transition. My intention was to use the XBOX as...