Yamaha RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR

Discus and support Yamaha RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Yamaha (Audio/Video Receivers) RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR Hi ARC is a feature on TV's and is not... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Rodney Mayhew, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Yamaha RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR

Yamaha (Audio/Video Receivers) RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR
    Hi

ARC is a feature on TV's and is not required to be a feature on the XBOX. Basically its a daisy-chain system where all audio and video features are process by the receiver as well as the TV. This allows
    TV and gaming consoles to all have their audio processed via the receiver instead of separate connections / sources.

In theory, ARC is supposed to let you have one connection between your TV and whatever you use to create sound: a receiver or a sound bar .
    You send video to the TV with an HDMI cable, and that same HDMI cable sends audio from the TV back down the same cable.

:)

Rodney Mayhew, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Rodney Mayhew Win User

Yamaha RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR

Hi

ARC is a feature on TV's and is not required to be a feature on the XBOX. Basically its a daisy-chain system where all audio and video features are process by the receiver as well as the TV. This allows
    TV and gaming consoles to all have their audio processed via the receiver instead of separate connections / sources.

In theory, ARC is supposed to let you have one connection between your TV and whatever you use to create sound: a receiver or a sound bar .
    You send video to the TV with an HDMI cable, and that same HDMI cable sends audio from the TV back down the same cable.
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR

I'm almost certain that ARC is NOT supported by the xbox
  4. Rodney Mayhew Win User

Hi Rodney,

Thanks for coming to the forums. Sounds like the Yamaha receiver may not be fully compatible with the Xbox. As you have tested two different types with the same set up. herwe are a couple links that show how to set up and troubleshoot.

1. https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/live-tv/connect-console-to-home-theater
    2. https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/troubleshooting-4k-and-hdr-on-xbox-one
    Hope this helps.

Brad
    Dear Brad

Thanks for your response.

I have the Yamaha RX-V385 receiver which supports 4K Passthrough - HDCP 2.2 / 4K / HDR options including HDR10 etc and to prove this when the Xbox One X is connected directly to the TV with HDMI (not using ARC) then all
    HDR / Display options pass except for Dolby Atmos which I don't use so it's not relevant. Your response is incorrect because if was not compatible it would not work flawlessly with an independent 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player.

I was told to connect the HDMI output from the Xbox One X to one of the HDMI in ports on the back of the receiver, but maybe this method is not suitable for the Xbox One X. I then connected another HDMI from ARC HDMI port on the TV to the ARC connection on
    the receiver however I suspect this may not be correct.

I've spent 7 hours troubleshooting this and below is an update:-

1. My Samsung 50" 4K Ultra HD (UA50KU6000) only has one UHD HDCP 2.2 Port which is HDMI 1 (how convenient) – not.

2. If you want ARC you are sacrificing all the HDR / 4K features on the Xbox One X

3. Only HDMI 1 allows for UHD Colour to be used which the Xbox One uses to enable all HDR / 4K features. In fact the Samsung menu shows 1 / 2 / 3 but can only be enabled on HDMI 1.

4. ARC is on HDMI 3 where UHD is not supported so the console cannot see these features and this is why the the Xbox One X failed to detect the features.

5. ARC on HDMI 3 will function when the TV goes through the receiver however when you source change to the Xbox One you hit the same issue due to the HDMI Colour option only being available on HDMI 1.

6.HDMI-CEC functionality made no difference.

7.Updating the Receiver firmware made no difference either.

As a final test I will test my Panasonic 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray player on its own on the other HDMI ports to see if it is truly the HDMI ports on the TV, or just an Xbox One X restriction. Suffice to say at the moment if you
    want 4K HDR / Xbox Gaming you need to use HDMI 1 and forgo ARC, and if wanting TV audio via the receiver ARC can be used but you cannot mix both connection types and have HDR / ARC together and would have to keep switching between both for TV / XBOX and changing
    the HDMI port as well.

So in effect at current ARC with UHD cannot be used combined due to the UHD port restriction. It's quite iffy to have HDMI Colour listed for HDMI 1 / 2 / 3 but can only enable it for HDMI 1 but maybe a hardware limitation.

I was also contemplating that this ARC setup is confusing the Xbox One X and reporting video compatibility incorrectly.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

6. Internet Expert Win User

XBox One S wont recognize UHD capability

I was looking through the online manuals for both your Yamaha receiver and your Samsung TV, and I think I found the problem.

Your Yamaha RX-V575 does not support 4K@60Hz, according to the HDMI specs in
    this page of the RX-V575 manual
    . It is only compatible with 4K@24/25/30Hz, which seems to be why the Xbox is not properly displaying 4K while connected
    to the Yamaha receiver.

I suggest you plug the Xbox directly into the TV's HDMI port, and use an optical cable from the Xbox to the Yamaha receiver if you have a sound system set up.
Thema:

1. Yamaha RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR - Similar Threads - Yamaha V375 Samsung

2. XBox One S connected to Yamaha RX-A1080 turns on Zone 2 on and off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One S connected to Yamaha RX-A1080 turns on Zone 2 on and off.: In a previous post that is now locked, I'm having the same issue. I have my Xbox One S connected HDMI through my Yamaha receiver RX-A1080. Everytime I turn on my Xbox, it turns on my receiver...
  3. Xbox one X signal drop with Yamaha Reciever and HDR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X signal drop with Yamaha Reciever and HDR: So I recently was able to get HDR passthrough correctly through my Yamaha receiver RXv681 by using the MS provided HDMI cable and choosing the correct mode for the receiver, but now, when a game...
  4. Yamaha YSP-4100: How to connect my XBOX ONE S to my TV / Soundbar

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Yamaha YSP-4100: How to connect my XBOX ONE S to my TV / Soundbar: Yamaha (Audio/Video Receivers) YSP-4100: How to connect my XBOX ONE S to my TV / Soundbar Was it ever working? Dolby support is broken on the xbox right now... An update is coming, but there is no...
  5. xbox blu ray player not working with Yamaha RX-A760

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox blu ray player not working with Yamaha RX-A760: I bought a Yamaha RX-A760. I have an xbox S and an xbox X, a PS4 and various PCs that I connect to my 1080p Sharp 3D TV via the receiver. The PS4 and all the PCs work well with the receiver. I...
  6. XBOX one X and Yamaha YSP-5600 connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX one X and Yamaha YSP-5600 connection: Hi, could anyone help me with connection issue between Xbox one x and soundbar yap-5600 - if Xbox is connected directly to the soundbar (hdmi1) and soundbar to 4K tv a1 Sony (arc hdmi3), then...
  7. yamaha rx-v583 and Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    yamaha rx-v583 and Xbox One X: Just got my xbox one x and connected it to my yamaha rx-v583, rx-v583 is connected to my sony KD-55XE9005 (us name X900E) Everything in the xbox menu 4K TV details says ok, but when switching to...
  8. XBox One X with Yamaha RX-V481 - no 4K

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One X with Yamaha RX-V481 - no 4K: I have the receiver in the subject. It supports 4k both through upscaling and pass through. It supports UHD, HDR, etc. However, my new Xbox one x won't recognize the 4k TV on the other end of it....
  9. HDR + Dolby Atmos, LG 2017 OLED TV, Yamaha RX-A860

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR + Dolby Atmos, LG 2017 OLED TV, Yamaha RX-A860: Last week, I finally took the plunge into 4K, and I'm very pleased overall. I purchased a new XBOX ONE S back in December in preparation for this transition. My intention was to use the XBOX as...
  10. Xbox One Turning Zone 2 of Yamaha Receiver On & Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Turning Zone 2 of Yamaha Receiver On & Off: I have my Xbox One set up to run through a Yamaha RX-V677 receiver. I had it going through a different receiver for years with no issues, but I just bought an Xbox One S for my theater room and...