Yamaha YSP-4100: How to connect my XBOX ONE S to my TV / Soundbar

Discus and support Yamaha YSP-4100: How to connect my XBOX ONE S to my TV / Soundbar in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Yamaha (Audio/Video Receivers) YSP-4100: How to connect my XBOX ONE S to my TV / Soundbar Was it ever working? Dolby support is broken on the xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by OregonFuenf, Dec 26, 2017.

1. OregonFuenf
    OregonFuenf Guest

Yamaha (Audio/Video Receivers) YSP-4100: How to connect my XBOX ONE S to my TV / Soundbar
    Was it ever working? Dolby support is broken on the xbox right now... An update is coming, but there is no ETA.

:)

OregonFuenf, Dec 26, 2017
  2. XBOX one X and Yamaha YSP-5600 connection

Unfortunately Yamaha did not build the YSP-5600 to pass through HDR so it is impossible.

Maybe you could split the signal and send one run to the soundbar and one to the TV but again, the splitter would have to be able to pass through HDR.

PAFC-8B675B94-5D79-4EC5-970D-A0F3DBB31A14, Dec 26, 2017
  3. Using my TV's in build tuner

Hello. I have a problem watching TV using my xbox. Currently i have a Panasonic TX-P65VT50E TV, it has a built-in satelite tuner with conditional access module (CAM) slot. So i can watch tv programs just by turning on my TV. But when i
    try to setup my xbox, i have a "We've lost your TV signal" error. Any idea how to setup my xbox?

Also i'm using Yamaha YSP-4300 Sound bar to connect my TV to xbox. It looks like TV>Yamaha>Xbox one. I have no problem turning on and off both things by using voice commands on xbox, so i know that xbox recognise TV and Yamaha.

HomerBY-22A243CD-FB2F-45CD-911C-1D523899C284, Dec 26, 2017
  4. TopShotta268
    TopShotta268 Guest

Was it ever working? Dolby support is broken on the xbox right now... An update is coming, but there is no ETA.

TopShotta268, Dec 28, 2017
  5. TopShotta268 Win User

6. PAFC-8B675B94-5D79-4 Win User

XBOX one X and Yamaha YSP-5600 connection

Unfortunately Yamaha did not build the YSP-5600 to pass through HDR so it is impossible.

Maybe you could split the signal and send one run to the soundbar and one to the TV but again, the splitter would have to be able to pass through HDR.
  7. SpoopyJlian Win User

Upgraded to Xbox One S now surround sound no longer works (0x80bd0009)

Thanks for getting back to me!

I have both my console and soundbar plugged into my TV. My Xbox One S is connected to HDMI 1 and my soundbar is connected to HDMI 2 (ARC). It's the recommended setup.

It's also the exact same setup as before with my old Xbox One.

Again, with this setup I am not able to get surround sound on the S, which didn't happen with the non-S.
  8. IceStorm III Win User

Connecting the Console Directly to A/V Receiver?

Yeah, you can hook it up to a receiver. I have mine hooked to a 4x1 HDMI switch, then the output of that switch going to a Yamaha YSP-4000 Sound Projector, then from there to my TV. No issues and I get the audio via the Sound Projector.

I'd only resort to direct connection to the TV if there was some sort of latency introduced by the components in the HDMI path.
  9. IceStorm III Win User

HDMI switcher on my sound bar turns my xbox off when switching.

Which specific Yamaha?

I have a YSP-4000. Normally my 360s are on an HDMI switch which then feeds into the DVD input on the sound projector. I just connected one of my consoles directly to AUX 1 and tried flipping between DVD and AUX 1. The console didn't reboot, both with Display
    Discovery enabled or disabled.
Thema:

1. Yamaha YSP-4100: How to connect my XBOX ONE S to my TV / Soundbar - Similar Threads - Yamaha YSP 4100

2. Xbox one X signal drop with Yamaha Reciever and HDR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X signal drop with Yamaha Reciever and HDR: So I recently was able to get HDR passthrough correctly through my Yamaha receiver RXv681 by using the MS provided HDMI cable and choosing the correct mode for the receiver, but now, when a game...
  3. xbox blu ray player not working with Yamaha RX-A760

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox blu ray player not working with Yamaha RX-A760: I bought a Yamaha RX-A760. I have an xbox S and an xbox X, a PS4 and various PCs that I connect to my 1080p Sharp 3D TV via the receiver. The PS4 and all the PCs work well with the receiver. I...
  4. Audio Receiver code for Yamaha YSP3300

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Audio Receiver code for Yamaha YSP3300: Does anyone have more audio receiver codes for Yamaha soundbars? In particular the YSP3300. I'm having issues where the volume and mute on the media remote are not recognised however it does work...
  5. XBOX one X and Yamaha YSP-5600 connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX one X and Yamaha YSP-5600 connection: Hi, could anyone help me with connection issue between Xbox one x and soundbar yap-5600 - if Xbox is connected directly to the soundbar (hdmi1) and soundbar to 4K tv a1 Sony (arc hdmi3), then...
  6. yamaha rx-v583 and Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    yamaha rx-v583 and Xbox One X: Just got my xbox one x and connected it to my yamaha rx-v583, rx-v583 is connected to my sony KD-55XE9005 (us name X900E) Everything in the xbox menu 4K TV details says ok, but when switching to...
  7. XBox One X with Yamaha RX-V481 - no 4K

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One X with Yamaha RX-V481 - no 4K: I have the receiver in the subject. It supports 4k both through upscaling and pass through. It supports UHD, HDR, etc. However, my new Xbox one x won't recognize the 4k TV on the other end of it....
  8. HDR + Dolby Atmos, LG 2017 OLED TV, Yamaha RX-A860

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR + Dolby Atmos, LG 2017 OLED TV, Yamaha RX-A860: Last week, I finally took the plunge into 4K, and I'm very pleased overall. I purchased a new XBOX ONE S back in December in preparation for this transition. My intention was to use the XBOX as...
  9. Xbox One Turning Zone 2 of Yamaha Receiver On & Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Turning Zone 2 of Yamaha Receiver On & Off: I have my Xbox One set up to run through a Yamaha RX-V677 receiver. I had it going through a different receiver for years with no issues, but I just bought an Xbox One S for my theater room and...
  10. Xbox One DTS on Yamaha YAS - 93 sound Bar?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One DTS on Yamaha YAS - 93 sound Bar?: I have just got a Yamaha YAS -93 sound bar and have tried a few different set up solutions without managing to get something I am happy with. I first connected the One to the TV via HDMI and...