You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.

Discus and support You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A couple months ago on Minecraft, a thing popped up saying in these exact words. You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by dylan4574, Nov 26, 2021.

1. dylan4574
    dylan4574 Guest

A couple months ago on Minecraft, a thing popped up saying in these exact words.

You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. Please endure your online safety settings allow Multiplayer and Clubs and you have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription. See instructions for changing these setting at aka.ms/MCMultiplayerHelp.

I’ve tried about everything and it still doesn’t work. I did the regular protocol, uninstall, restart xbox, etc. I went on my Microsoft and Xbox account and made sure multiplayer, clubs, etc was all set to allow. However, it still does not work. I am stuck. This is fully on Xbox, Bedrock version.

:)

dylan4574, Nov 26, 2021
  2. Jonahthed0g Win User

Minecraft on xbox one can't play realms no matter what I do

My microsoft account is not a child account but it still has the same "error message" when I sign in with a child account. (I'm saying error message as in "you cannot play realms because of how your microsoft account
    is set up")
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

To change the privacy settings your account must be an adult account, otherwise you will not have access.

see it in your privacy settings:

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/family-onli...

if your account is for a child, you need an adult account to link your account and manage your privacy settings
  4. Hannibal_Lecter36 Win User

Microsoft family restrictions

I have the same question, but for Minecraft. It states the following: “ You cannot play on realms because of how your Microsoft account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy and online safety settings on aka.ms/accountsettings “

I’ve “allowed” everything on the page it took me to but it’s still not working.
  5. lxSakuraixl Win User

Minecraft "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft account is set up."

I've been playing on my Realm for months now, but today, for no reason, i cannot log into live services. "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up".

I've gone to the recommended Privacy and Online Safety section of Microsoft online. All the settings are FINE. I am not a child. I am 40 years old and have never been part of a family account setup. Yet I cannot change my account settings like I'm some child.
    why?
    Yea its probably just a bug or something or maybe you're settings
  6. RoyNewMexico Win User

Minecraft "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft account is set up."

Try restarting if that does not work it may be you have a Teen or Child account.
Thema:

1. You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. - Similar Threads - cannot play Realms

2. Minecraft realms plus: You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft realms plus: You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is...: I am using an xbox one console and I can no longer access minecraft realms plus. I get the message: "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up" I have a game pass...
  3. Cannot play in Realms due to how my Microsoft account is set up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play in Realms due to how my Microsoft account is set up.: [img] I have just launched minecraft as of 19th November 2021, and it came up with this message I looked at my settings and all day “ALLOW” so I’m confused why it is saying this. [img] Thanks...
  4. Cannot play on realms due to how Microsoft account is set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play on realms due to how Microsoft account is set up: So I play Minecraft bedrock on Xbox. And when I logged in it told me I cannot play because of how my Microsoft account is set up. This came out of nowhere even though I had not made any changes. I...
  5. Cannot sign in to PS4 linked account to play Minecraft cross platforms or Realms

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot sign in to PS4 linked account to play Minecraft cross platforms or Realms: I have tried everything. I get the "Oops! Looks like this account is already connected. Please sign in with your previously connected Microsoft account, (My username)" or the "Signing in with your...
  6. Minecraft multiplayer saying “you cannot play in realms because of how your Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft multiplayer saying “you cannot play in realms because of how your Microsoft...: Whenever I try to play multiplayer or a realm on minecraft it keeps popping up with the same error every time, I’ve restarted my Xbox, uninstalled minecraft and redownloded it, and it still pops...
  7. I can not get realms and I keep getting an error that says, "you cannot play online...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not get realms and I keep getting an error that says, "you cannot play online...: Any help would be appreciated. I have tried checking if my account is set to an adult (it is). I have also tried all of the other threads. Thanks for your help. bef2b558-b1f1-4093-bc25-075f1f6eb3b5
  8. I am getting this error trying to get Minecraft Realms to work "You cannot play on realms...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am getting this error trying to get Minecraft Realms to work "You cannot play on realms...: This is on an XBox One. I am an adult and have set my privacy setting to the Adult(Social) default on the XBox. Ultimately I want this to work on my son's account, but as it doesn't even work...
  9. *You cannot play on realms because of how your Microsoft account is setup* I can't play on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    *You cannot play on realms because of how your Microsoft account is setup* I can't play on...: First, I was playing for a good portion of the day on Xbox. I went to take a break. I logged out of the realm and the message blocked out the realms. When I click the get help button, it brings me...
  10. How do I get past this message: "You cannot play realms because of how your account is set up.”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get past this message: "You cannot play realms because of how your account is set up.”: So I have been playing realms on Bedrock for some time and today I decided to download the Xbox version of Minecraft. When I go to view my realm I receive a message that says "you cannot play...