"You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?

Discus and support "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Before this everything has been working fine! then suddenly I couldn't join servers or my friends! I do get I have to change it but how and where, can... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by veannalam, Sep 24, 2019.

1. veannalam
    veannalam Guest

"You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?

Before this everything has been working fine! then suddenly I couldn't join servers or my friends! I do get I have to change it but how and where, can someone drop a link for me??

:)

veannalam, Sep 24, 2019
  2. MaxVan Benthem Win User

I made my account year ago and i left so i dont know what happened but when im back and im playing Minecraft PocketEdition in multiplayer it say that i cannot join servers because of "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft
    account is set up." Help?
  3. SammieChaos Win User

You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your microsoft account is set up.

4. SammieChaos Win User

You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your microsoft account is set up.

You're very welcome! Please let us know if the problem has been solved. :)
  5. weaselteat Win User

I wanted to play Minecraft PS4 servers but when i signed into my Microsoft account i couldn't play servers because of the message that popped up "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." please help me resolve
    this problem because i have nothing on my account restricting this type of play.

Please send advice quickly as possible.
    I have the same issue with my children’s accounts. No matter what settings I change, they cannot play with me on my realm.

This is infuriating especially since it’s only affecting minecraft. I can play other multiplayer games with them, though.
  6. WailXBL Win User

You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.

Heres a guide on how to change your privacy settings.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4482922/xbox-one-online-safety-and-privacy-settings-for-parents-and-kids

If you are on a child account, then the changes would have to be made from the orginal adult account. Best of luck!
Thema:

1. "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help? - Similar Threads - cannot play online

2. "Cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up"

in XBoX on Mobile
    "Cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up": I play on minecraft pocket edition on IOS. I suddenly started getting this message: "You cannot add friends/ cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up." I have...
  3. I cannot play Online at all on PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot play Online at all on PC.: I went to Privacy Settings>Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety>You can join multiplayer games and I put it to Allow since it was set as Block but when it refreshed the page it set it back to Block....
  4. "Cannot play online multiplayer due to how your Microsoft account is set up."

in XBoX on Mobile
    "Cannot play online multiplayer due to how your Microsoft account is set up.": Hi, So recently I have been having this issue of not being able to play minecraft realms or servers or with my friends. It show me this message saying, "Cannot play online multiplayer due to how...
  5. Cannot play online and have Xbox live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot play online and have Xbox live account: System: Xbox One X Since the purchase of this console, we have never been able to play online. It does not connect to servers. AND WE PAY our Xbox live membership. When we open Mortal Combat...
  6. "You cannot play online multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You cannot play online multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set...: My kids are unable to play on Minecraft servers on their iPads, they get the above error. c29669fe-fc3c-4b85-892f-d586172fa15e
  7. Cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up.: I am attempting to play Minecraft Realms Plus, and when going to purchase a realm, when going to do so I am met with a window that states "Cannot play online multiplayer because of how your...
  8. You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.

in XBoX on Mobile
    You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.: I want to create a Realms to play with friends while we are all stuck at home. I think I am a child account but this was created 6+ years ago when my dad and I were absolutely clueless. So far,...
  9. Minecraft Realms: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Realms: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account...: So been trying to join or create a Minecraft Realms server for my son (I have an active subscription) on iPad but getting the following message "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how...
  10. You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your microsoft account is set up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your microsoft account is set up.: I wanted to play Minecraft PS4 servers but when i signed into my Microsoft account i couldn't play servers because of the message that popped up "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how...