Your XBox and EA Accounts Don't Match" - Hacked Account, or EA/MS Scam?

Discus and support Your XBox and EA Accounts Don't Match" - Hacked Account, or EA/MS Scam? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am a subscriber to XBox Game Pass for PC. Yesterday I downloaded Titanfall 2 via the XBox app on my computer. When I launched Titanfall 2, the EA... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TheMarkPutnam, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Your XBox and EA Accounts Don't Match" - Hacked Account, or EA/MS Scam?

I am a subscriber to XBox Game Pass for PC. Yesterday I downloaded Titanfall 2 via the XBox app on my computer. When I launched Titanfall 2, the EA Desktop app also launched. But the EA ID that appeared for me was a random collection of letters and numbers that I did not recognize. TO BE ABSOLUTELY CLEAR: THE EA DESKTOP APP AUTOMATICALLY LAUNCHED WITH NO SIGN-IN REQUIRED, AND I WAS SHOWN AS HAVING THIS UNKNOWN, RANDOM USERNAME.

I logged in to EA.com using my real, actual, confirmed, legitimate username and password (though I had to change my password since it had been a while since I logged in). I confirmed that my real, actual account that is mine and that is linked to my actual email address is still active. I signed out of the EA Desktop app on my PC then re-signed in using my real, actual, legitimate username and password. After that, I went back to the XBox app on my PC and attempted to launch Titanfall 2. I received an error message stating, "Your XBox and EA Accounts Don't Match."

So, my primary concern is how to unlink a random EA ID that was either erroneously, automatically assigned to me or that someone hacked and created without my knowledge.

Furthermore, I have been researching this issue and also similar issues related to it, and the resulting responses from both EA and XBox support teams. From what I am reading (though I have not heard this from EA or Microsoft personally), if you cannot log in to your EA account there is no way to unlink it from your XBox account. If this false EA ID account was created without my knowledge, then the password and connected email address are also unknown to me. This would mean it is impossible for me to unlink the account. As a result, I would be entirely unable to play ANY of the EA online games via my XBox Game Pass subscription. To my mind, this is a direct violation and contradiction to the service that EA and Microsoft purport to provide. If their infrastructure is such that players can be directly prevented from accessing or playing the games on their platforms, is it possible for a class action or similar suit to be brought against them for false advertising, misrepresentation, unapproved financial transactions, etc.?

Of course, I would appreciate a resolution to my issue. But if the existing community posts that I am reading are any indication, the issue cannot be fixed. In that case, what recourse do we as consumers have?

Thanks.

:)

TheMarkPutnam, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

glad it resolved the main issue, not a clue with the new issue, i gave up as you don't even get acheivements from the ea games from gamepass on pc, i just got ea access with steam as it supports acheivements and is better integrated.
  3. TheMarkPutnam Win User

Thank you. This fixed the issue with account linking. I appreciate the reply.

Now, of course, a new problem has presented itself in that the game will not launch. I click the "Play" button on the game's thumbnail in the XBox app, it launches EA Desktop, and then EA Desktop informs me the game will not launch. A button is presented that says, "Get The Game." When I click on that, it takes me to a 404 error.

This is all just a bait and switch, I guess. Microsoft and EA get your money and don't give you any games. It's a shame they can get away with it.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

when you load an ea game on the xbox console be it 360 or one and dont log into an ea account it usually creates one, you can log into ea with an xbox account or email, it is a daft system.

you need to log into ea with your xbox account and remove the link then log into your normal ea account with the email address and then link.

if you cannot do it then open a ticket with EA for assistance.
  5. ngocphi Win User

HACKED VIA FIFA 12. SUSPENDED ACCOUNTS. MS PLEASE GIVE US ANSWERS. STOP IGNORING US.

whisper do not use the same login as your EA account or psn account

since fifa is EA property and they were hacked

(EA was hacked and yes that was on the NEWS) you need to contact EA about changing your EA account
  6. John-PaulCuneo Win User

Hacked?...by who and who is actually responsible

For those of you with this problem, did you guys have linked EA accounts to your XBL accounts? Here's a

link
    regarding this... there seems to be some info on it in the discussion thread at the bottom of the article. Hopefully MS and EA can rectify this issue soon.
Thema:

1. Your XBox and EA Accounts Don't Match" - Hacked Account, or EA/MS Scam? - Similar Threads - Accounts Don't Match

2. I made an alt xbox account for only paying subscriptions and when I changed xbox I don't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I made an alt xbox account for only paying subscriptions and when I changed xbox I don't...: Hey fellow Gamers, I have a huge problem right now. On my old Xbox one, I made two accounts one with my actual email which is my main account on which I played games and I made another account...
  3. Xbox and Microsoft stores say I don't own a game but my purchase history and account balance do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox and Microsoft stores say I don't own a game but my purchase history and account balance do: I tried to buy Sonic Adventure 2 on my Xbox today and it keeps saying I don't own the game. It deducted money from my Microsoft account, and it's in my purchase history, but it doesn't say I own...
  4. XBOX One S Reset - Don't have old account information to setup my active Xbox Live Account!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One S Reset - Don't have old account information to setup my active Xbox Live Account!: Hello Xbox Community! First time posting but I thought I would reach out to the community for help on this issue, everywhere else I have looked I have been stumped! My Xbox recently shut down on...
  5. I have my gamertag and my password, but, I don't know my email because my account is old

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have my gamertag and my password, but, I don't know my email because my account is old: My original Xbox 360 stopped working due to the Xbox 360 "red dot of death", which is related to the "red ring of death". I bought a new 360 as my old one from 2012 no longer worked. I...
  6. My Xbox account was suspended and I still don't know the reason why. It has been 11 days.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox account was suspended and I still don't know the reason why. It has been 11 days.: It has been 11 days since my Xbox account was suspended. I still do not know the reason why I was banned. I have tried to contact the enforcement team but have had no luck even contacting them...
  7. I don't know which Microsoft account I used for Minecraft Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don't know which Microsoft account I used for Minecraft Windows 10: I have earned things on servers on my Minecraft windows 10 account but I bought a new computer because my old one broke and I can't remember which Microsoft account my Minecraft was on. I tried...
  8. My Xbox account was suspended and I still don't know the reason why

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox account was suspended and I still don't know the reason why: On March 20 my Xbox account was suspended. I tried going to the Xbox enforcement history to check why my account was suspended however when I went to the website all I saw was that my reputation...
  9. Account and console location don't match prompt when attempting to view "My ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Account and console location don't match prompt when attempting to view "My ...: Everythime I go to Xbox Video and go to My Collection it tells me my console and account location do not match. I have ensured the console is English, Canada my account has always been Canadian,...
  10. Account email and password allegedly don't match

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account email and password allegedly don't match: I'm trying to sign in to XBox Live, I just redeemed a card for three months of gold, but I keep getting this message stating that my account email address and my password are invalid. I know my...