Youtube app is not playing videos (Xbox series X)

Discus and support Youtube app is not playing videos (Xbox series X) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Sometimes videos will play other times it will just be a black screen....is this happening for anybody else? submitted by /u/psiguy6 [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/psiguy6, Jan 14, 2022.

1. /u/psiguy6
    /u/psiguy6 Guest

Sometimes videos will play other times it will just be a black screen....is this happening for anybody else?

submitted by /u/psiguy6
    [link] [comments]

/u/psiguy6, Jan 14, 2022
  2. user68874884383 Win User

Is it normal that my storm in warzone looks like this?

It‘s just the Storm and the shadows (i made also a post about this in microsoft community, video is also on my youtube channel) in Warzone. (i play on the xbox series x)
  3. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox series x and poweroutage/powercut, could it take damage?

search the following on youtube he shows the protection in the video, i cant post the link here as not allowed

"Xbox Series X Teardown - A Repairability Perspective"
  4. Kalmarn Win User

The most memorable gaming moment of 2019.

Personal moments for me are getting 300k views on one of my YouTube videos, buying an Xbox One X and an Elite Series 2.

Also becoming an Xbox Ambassador and hoping that 2020 can be my big year for gaming.

Maybe see if I can afford a Series X??
  5. USAHHH Win User

My Xbox One X struggling on Recent Youtube 4K Videos

You may have to uninstall the app, Clear local saved games and the MAC address and then install the app again. Is it all 4K videos or just specific ones?
    I dont think uninstall the app will solve the problem . I already thinked about a possivle bug on youtube app on xbox one x so i had a ideia of downloading 1 youtube video on my computer , copy to my external HDD NTFS and run it via media player app . First
    time i run it didnt freeze a single time during the whole video then i run other 1 (a old 4k video that allways worked fine) after that i run the downloaded video again but this time it freeze like it does on youtube app . This prove the Xbox one X is having
    a hard time rendering the video and is nothing wrong with the youtube app it does the same on media player via USB .

Here a link of 1 youtube video that does that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMTduypN5lo
  6. olderthanthehil Win User

My Xbox One X struggling on Recent Youtube 4K Videos (UPDATED)

I have my first Xbox ever for about 1 month and im already havings issues with it . My Xbox one X while playing some 4k videos on Youtube app randomly freezes the picture in the video and keep it grey or greenish for
    a few secs while audio keep playing . I have been trying a few videos and looks like the 4k videos that do this are recent the oldest video that i had the freezing issue was uploaded 4 weeks ago .
    This freezing issue is very anoying . Im looking for solution , theres anybody else having this issue ? Is my Xbox one X faulty ?

UPDATE 1 : I can say the Xbox one X is struggling reason why if go to advance settings in a video on youtube APP and wait the freeze grey /green screen happean i see
    on dropped frames go up 100 to 500 dropped frames (depending for how long the video freeze) .

UPDATE 2 : I already thinked about a possivle bug on youtube app on xbox one x so i had a ideia of downloading 1 youtube video on my computer , copy to my external HDD
    NTFS and run it via media player app . First time i run it didnt freeze a single time during the entire video (video 4 min long) then i run other VIDEO (a old 4k video that allways worked fine) after that i run the downloaded video again but this time it
    freeze like it does on youtube app . This prove the Xbox one X is having a hard time rendering the video and is nothing wrong with the youtube app it does the same on media player via USB .

UPDATE 3: 3 days ago i try run it again on media player via USB but for my suprise i was able to run it 3 times (2 in a row) without a single freeze . It
    seems the Xbox One X struggles less on Media player .

UPDATE 4 : I power cycle once a day my xbox one x , i really need that ppl let me know if this happean on their Xbox one X aswell , only that
    way i can know if my Xbox One X is factory defected . Once again old 4k videos before decembre 7 2018 work fine .
    I've had the issue since before the November update (I was hoping it would fix it) . However , when the video would freeze up , the sound keeps on playing . It looks like you had a dying video card or corrupted driver on a pc . Pushing any button on the
    remote will bring it out immediately . It's worse on new 4k 60p videos , but will also happen with 4k videos at 30 and 24p . Watching the same videos (except the 60p) on my S model plays just fine . Also , sometimes 1440p videos trip it too . I tried watching
    a year old video & it tripped there too . YouTube won't answer & the last posting I was on here was closed by Xbox without warning .
Thema:

1. Youtube app is not playing videos (Xbox series X) - Similar Threads - Youtube app playing

2. Direct Stream From YouTube App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Direct Stream From YouTube App: At one point on the xbox one you could stream directly from the YouTube app. It was quietly removed when mixer came along. I would like to see it return on the series x or s I have upgraded to the...
  3. YouTube App won’t play after May 2021 update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    YouTube App won’t play after May 2021 update: YouTube App wanted to update. After attempting update, the app will not load. I have uninstalled all and redownloaded and it still won’t play. It goes to the YouTube start screen and the loading...
  4. I can't play or use any of my apps or games not even youtube

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play or use any of my apps or games not even youtube: A couple weeks ago I TURNED ON my Xbox to start playing it, but when I tried to start up ANY game it said error code 0x80070005 so I did what anyone would do and I entered the code on...
  5. I can't play the YouTube app in mi 360, I deleted and reinstaled and it doesn't work yet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play the YouTube app in mi 360, I deleted and reinstaled and it doesn't work yet: I deleted the app and reinstaled again and the message keep there, I do what the support page says, what else can I do? The other apps and games works correctly 14c17e08-827c-43de-b5b0-67bf7da61030
  6. Will my xbox turn off from inactivity if youtube app is open and playing a video?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will my xbox turn off from inactivity if youtube app is open and playing a video?: Seeing as there is no sleep timer yet i was wondering if inactivity timer will turn off if youtube is open and playing. a9b1e459-378d-4f1d-a304-115e7710efc0
  7. Youtube app is now useless (can't play 60fps and people are updating all channel videos to ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Youtube app is now useless (can't play 60fps and people are updating all channel videos to ...: The app is now useless since you can change the uploads you did before and update them to 60fps and after that they won't play anymore on Xbox (for example Youtuber "theradbrad"). If user uploads...
  8. Youtube app won't play HD60fps and goes directly to 480p

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Youtube app won't play HD60fps and goes directly to 480p: So the app can't play new videos on HD anymore (those that are uploaded as 60fps). This is really annoying since I use this from a 50 inch TV and now I can't because the picture quality on 480p is...
  9. YouTube App - Xbox One - add video to play list

in XBoX on Consoles
    YouTube App - Xbox One - add video to play list: Hi all, I couldn't find the perfect category to ask this question but it's about the YouTube app on my Xbox One. While watching YouTube on my computer I can like the videos or create playlists...
  10. Can use some apps, but not Youtube or play ANY game online.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can use some apps, but not Youtube or play ANY game online.: I can see my friends, I can access other online services that aren't down on xbox.com/status, but I cannot play Halo 5 or ESO. I get an error that my account doesn't have multiplayer privileges...