Youtube app is now useless (can't play 60fps and people are updating all channel videos to ...

Discus and support Youtube app is now useless (can't play 60fps and people are updating all channel videos to ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The app is now useless since you can change the uploads you did before and update them to 60fps and after that they won't play anymore on Xbox (for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hobittus, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Hobittus
    Hobittus Guest

Youtube app is now useless (can't play 60fps and people are updating all channel videos to ...

The app is now useless since you can change the uploads you did before and update them to 60fps and after that they won't play anymore on Xbox (for example Youtuber "theradbrad"). If user uploads or updates their videos to 60fps then the useless Xbox
    can't go to HD but will stay at 480p which is very bad especially on big screens. Basically I can't watch lets play videos on Xbox anymore because new ones are always uploaded @60fps and some are even updating their old videos to 60fps. Is this going to be
    fixed or do I just need to get Chromecast etc.?

:)

Hobittus, Feb 10, 2015
  2. Hobittus
    Hobittus Guest
    Youtube app won't play HD60fps and goes directly to 480p

So the app can't play new videos on HD anymore (those that are uploaded as 60fps). This is really annoying since I use this from a 50 inch TV and now I can't because the picture quality on 480p is simply awful. Most people nowdays upload 60fps to Youtube
    so in a couple of months the app is useless unless Google(?) updates and fixes it. I guess it's the same on PS3 or PS4.

Any idea if this will be fixed?

Hobittus, Feb 10, 2015
  3. Does 50hz being unable mean I can't run 60fps?

I am watching them from an iPad from the YouTube app which supports 60fps as an option for HD videos.

Elite Reticle, Feb 10, 2015
  4. Youtube app is now useless (can't play 60fps and people are updating all channel videos to ...

Youtube is responsible for making the app. They are the ones you should contact.

HomegrownSilky, Feb 10, 2015
  5. ur fathar
    ur fathar Guest
    No. Microsoft should contact youtube, it is their console and their customer. Why should the customer have to run around chasing third parties for fixes when it is in the interest of Microsoft to retain the customer's business. Stop it. i think I know what
    Google is doing, they are frustrating Xbox customers to get them to switch to chrome cast for their streaming needs. i might just do that because the new youtube app sucks. It is so user unfriendly that it has become non-functional for my intended use. can't
    sort by upload date, ff and rewind are at a fixed speed now, can't skip a page of results, i can keep going, this app sucks. The whole point of an update, in this case a forced update, is to provide a better user experience. Google is genius, I will be switching
    to chromecast.

ur fathar, Mar 18, 2015
  6. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Hey there ur fathar!

If this is a feature you would like to see, it is best to request it through Google since they are the developer of the Youtube app. Since this thread is older, please be sure to post a new thread with specific details if you need assistance in the future.
    That way the community can provide support tailored specifically to you! Youtube app is now useless (can't play 60fps and people are updating all channel videos to ... :)

Mister Beep, Nov 1, 2018
  7. HomegrownSilky Win User

Youtube app is now useless (can't play 60fps and people are updating all channel videos to 60fps)

Youtube is responsible for making the app. They are the ones you should contact.
  8. Mister Beep Win User

Youtube app is now useless (can't play 60fps and people are updating all channel videos to 60fps)

Hey there ur fathar!

If this is a feature you would like to see, it is best to request it through Google since they are the developer of the Youtube app. Since this thread is older, please be sure to post a new thread with specific details if you need assistance in the future.
    That way the community can provide support tailored specifically to you! :)
  9. ur fathar Win User

No. Microsoft should contact youtube, it is their console and their customer. Why should the customer have to run around chasing third parties for fixes when it is in the interest of Microsoft to retain the customer's business. Stop it. i think I know what
    Google is doing, they are frustrating Xbox customers to get them to switch to chrome cast for their streaming needs. i might just do that because the new youtube app sucks. It is so user unfriendly that it has become non-functional for my intended use. can't
    sort by upload date, ff and rewind are at a fixed speed now, can't skip a page of results, i can keep going, this app sucks. The whole point of an update, in this case a forced update, is to provide a better user experience. Google is genius, I will be switching
    to chromecast.
  10. ikonomous Win User

Xbox One Media Remote Functionality YouTube App

Update: as far as volume: works correctly on all apps thankfully. It controls Blu-Ray as well. In YouTube the only buttons that function properly are the home button (X), volume up and down, and for some reason the channel up/down works for selecting channels
    but once your at the preferred YouTube channel you cannot press leff or right to select a video to watch nor can you press OK/Select to play the video. However, when switching to controller and selecting a video and playing it, once the video is playing the
    remote does work for pause, play rewind, forward as it does in any other normal working app. Other than YouTube, everything works fine. I do wish it had a dedicated SNAP button. I do not know if it works on FXNOW because I have version and they haven't added
    it as a carrier but most likely it does.
  11. Spearzilla Win User

The Official "Problems with YouTube app" thread

When i look at any channel on the youtube app it shows that no videos have been uploaded at all but all the playlists are still present this happens when you look for the channel and go on to its page and when you press channel videos on a video, please
    help
Thema:

1. Youtube app is now useless (can't play 60fps and people are updating all channel videos to ... - Similar Threads - Youtube app useless

2. Youtube app is not playing videos (Xbox series X)

in XboX Insiders
    Youtube app is not playing videos (Xbox series X): Sometimes videos will play other times it will just be a black screen....is this happening for anybody else? submitted by /u/psiguy6 [link] [comments]
  3. Direct Stream From YouTube App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Direct Stream From YouTube App: At one point on the xbox one you could stream directly from the YouTube app. It was quietly removed when mixer came along. I would like to see it return on the series x or s I have upgraded to the...
  4. youtube app

in XBoX on Windows
    youtube app: Hello, For some unknown reason when we try to use the youtube app on our xbox one...it blackouts the screen for a second and then acts like we never clicked on it. The app worked last night but...
  5. Series X Youtube app resolution issue

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Youtube app resolution issue: I have been having an issue where the youtube app will only allow some videos to be played at 720p resolution, it doesn't even show the option for higher resolution. It isn't every video, some I...
  6. Youtube app Updates\Features

in XBoX on Windows
    Youtube app Updates\Features: Good day, For a number of years the community has been asking for a filter (to sort videos by date etc ) and ability to comment in the youtube app. Is there a technical barrier that is not...
  7. Games Crashing When YouTube App Does Not Open Fully

in XboX Insiders
    Games Crashing When YouTube App Does Not Open Fully: This problem has been happening for many months, but I was only able to identify now how to replicate it and how to solve it: If the user does not wait for youtube to fully open and already tries...
  8. Youtube App Out of Sync Issues (audio)

in XboX Insiders
    Youtube App Out of Sync Issues (audio): I'm aware this has been an issue for a while now with the Xbox Series X/S where the audio on the YouTube app gradually gets out of sync with the visuals. Easy to temporarily fix by just pausing...
  9. Youtube on Xbox Series S/X - the worst app ever?

in XboX Insiders
    Youtube on Xbox Series S/X - the worst app ever?: Have never had a good experience using Youtube on my Series S. Issues (often, but not always): - Videos take a long time to start - if they start at all - Extremely poor quality at times due to...
  10. Series x youtube app is a pile of trash

in XboX Insiders
    Series x youtube app is a pile of trash: Anyone else still have the age restricted content problem using a brand acount when on xbox app? I cannot now watch any videos from the battlefield channel. Every other device using the exact...