YouTube App won’t play after May 2021 update

Discus and support YouTube App won’t play after May 2021 update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; YouTube App wanted to update. After attempting update, the app will not load. I have uninstalled all and redownloaded and it still won’t play. It goes... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WhitePele86, May 11, 2021.

1. WhitePele86
    WhitePele86 Guest

YouTube App wanted to update. After attempting update, the app will not load. I have uninstalled all and redownloaded and it still won’t play. It goes to the YouTube start screen and the loading circle but never launches.

:)

WhitePele86, May 11, 2021
  2. H3PA80R Win User

Gamertag Release!

As the others already mentioned it could be possible that the gamertag you want to have will be available Maybe in 2021. Keep in mind, that the prefered gamertag could be used on any Microsoft Service. Even if it is not used on the XBox it could be possible
    that it is used on Microsoft Office for example. If this is the case the prefered gamertag won´t be available in 2021.
  3. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Cant Connect With Or Without Wifi

You can`t use most apps when you are silver,so youtube won`t work.

Any cloud saves will need to be moved to your hard drive before you can use them.

-

Sliver members can still connect to xbox live,you just can`t use gold services.
  4. PETERWAHSMUTH Win User

Achievements app wont open - error code 0x87c40011 gamecomparing not working either on console and on website

I have the same issue since saturday. Achievements won`t pop an I can`t open the app on the X1 (0x87c40011). Smartglass or xbox.com also only show an error-code when i try to look at achievements.

3rd-party sites like TrueAchievements do not update too, even new unlocked ones for the 360 won`t show.

Friends of mine can´t compare their achievements to mine or look at them at all.
  5. Captain Gini Win User

Youtube app problem

is a YouTube setting, it may be possible to disable it in the app settings if it is not possible only in another update
  6. skys7 Win User

Should MS stop users from changing their gender or posing as the opposite gender?

I played with some that sang classical songs while playing Halo and other shooters and whenever they did sing, they won the match lol that was sick but funny.

No I won´t record them, IF I do, they won´t sing for me anymore :p
Thema:

1. YouTube App won’t play after May 2021 update - Similar Threads - YouTube App won’t

2. Youtube app is not playing videos (Xbox series X)

in XboX Insiders
    Youtube app is not playing videos (Xbox series X): Sometimes videos will play other times it will just be a black screen....is this happening for anybody else? submitted by /u/psiguy6 [link] [comments]
  3. Direct Stream From YouTube App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Direct Stream From YouTube App: At one point on the xbox one you could stream directly from the YouTube app. It was quietly removed when mixer came along. I would like to see it return on the series x or s I have upgraded to the...
  4. youtube app

in XBoX on Windows
    youtube app: Hello, For some unknown reason when we try to use the youtube app on our xbox one...it blackouts the screen for a second and then acts like we never clicked on it. The app worked last night but...
  5. Series X Youtube app resolution issue

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Youtube app resolution issue: I have been having an issue where the youtube app will only allow some videos to be played at 720p resolution, it doesn't even show the option for higher resolution. It isn't every video, some I...
  6. Youtube app Updates\Features

in XBoX on Windows
    Youtube app Updates\Features: Good day, For a number of years the community has been asking for a filter (to sort videos by date etc ) and ability to comment in the youtube app. Is there a technical barrier that is not...
  7. Games Crashing When YouTube App Does Not Open Fully

in XboX Insiders
    Games Crashing When YouTube App Does Not Open Fully: This problem has been happening for many months, but I was only able to identify now how to replicate it and how to solve it: If the user does not wait for youtube to fully open and already tries...
  8. Youtube App Out of Sync Issues (audio)

in XboX Insiders
    Youtube App Out of Sync Issues (audio): I'm aware this has been an issue for a while now with the Xbox Series X/S where the audio on the YouTube app gradually gets out of sync with the visuals. Easy to temporarily fix by just pausing...
  9. Youtube on Xbox Series S/X - the worst app ever?

in XboX Insiders
    Youtube on Xbox Series S/X - the worst app ever?: Have never had a good experience using Youtube on my Series S. Issues (often, but not always): - Videos take a long time to start - if they start at all - Extremely poor quality at times due to...
  10. Series x youtube app is a pile of trash

in XboX Insiders
    Series x youtube app is a pile of trash: Anyone else still have the age restricted content problem using a brand acount when on xbox app? I cannot now watch any videos from the battlefield channel. Every other device using the exact...