Youtube app won't play HD60fps and goes directly to 480p

Discus and support Youtube app won't play HD60fps and goes directly to 480p in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So the app can't play new videos on HD anymore (those that are uploaded as 60fps). This is really annoying since I use this from a 50 inch TV and now I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hobittus, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Hobittus
    Hobittus Guest

So the app can't play new videos on HD anymore (those that are uploaded as 60fps). This is really annoying since I use this from a 50 inch TV and now I can't because the picture quality on 480p is simply awful. Most people nowdays upload 60fps to Youtube
    so in a couple of months the app is useless unless Google(?) updates and fixes it. I guess it's the same on PS3 or PS4.

Any idea if this will be fixed?

:)

Hobittus, Feb 10, 2015
  2. Tampa Rob
    Tampa Rob Guest
    Plex streaming wierdness - 1080p videos look perfect but 480p mkvs are blurred slightly

On my home network i am able to stream 1080p mkv to xboxone from PMS on my laptop and it looks perfect. When I play a 480p mkv rip the picture is blurred/washed out via the Plex app on either the xboxone OR samsung hdtv. If i plug my external HD directly
    into the xboxone via usb and use the xboxone media player app - the 480p mkv looks correct.

The 480p video is not very sharp via plex - I can tell mostly when text is on screen (titles/forced subtitles) when compared to the actual DVD or when played through the media app. I'd prefer to use the plex app over the media app.

Could this be a problem with hardware/graphics acceleration on my laptop?

Tampa Rob, Feb 10, 2015
  3. drivesafely
    drivesafely Guest
    Youtube not able to Snap

Youtube would actually be fun to snap. The app lets you find your videos from your phone or tablet and instantly play them to the X1 youtube app. I do not see anything that you can not do through a PC but it is still pretty cool.

Its really missing the option to stream photos and video directly from the phone instead of having to upload to Skydrive and Youtube.

drivesafely, Feb 10, 2015
  4. Oblique84 Win User

Error 0xc00d7159

I'm also getting this same issue. I can't display anything in 1080p or 4k. The Youtube app plays my movies at 480p only. Vudu won't load anything but low quality trailers, and the blu-ray disc won't play any 1080p or 4k blu-rays because of this hdcp error.
    Everything was fine a few days ago. I have even tried multiple cables and restarts. Im going to have to call support soon. This is a brand new Xbox One X battlefield 5 edition so I shouldn't be getting these issues.
  5. Angelo gabriel rodri Win User

Vai dar para transmitir direto para o youtube? (Will it be able to broadcast directly to YouTube?)

No aplicativo da twitch no xbox one, voce abre ele, e vai em TRANSMITIR e abre uma live diretamente para twitch

ja no aplicativo do youtube nao tem essa opçao! e dificulta muito fazer uma live para o youtube

[Translation - In the Twitch app on Xbox One, you open it, and it goes on STREAM and opens a live directly to twitch

JA in the YouTube app does not have this option! And it makes it hard to make a live for YouTube]
  6. ReliantFlame II Win User

How to set image properly?

Its a regular TV, doesn't support HD apparently since every time I change it to HDMI the screen goes black, it is a 480p since the tv won't take any higher. Even in HD tv I had trouble setting up the image.
  7. RomkaZzz Win User

Where is/how to download youtube app on xbox 360

You can try download it from apps marketplace directly on console. Try to use search (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWbYaPchE20)

More info about Youtube on Xbox 360 here https://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/apps/youtube-setup

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/apps/youtube-help
  8. KiiLLER ViRUS Win User

Xbox One's powerful custom audio hardware - dubbed SHAPE (Scalable Hardware Audio Processing Engine)

Yes the sound will be better on the X1, like when you listen to music on YouTube and you get better sound in 1080p than 480p
Thema:

1. Youtube app won't play HD60fps and goes directly to 480p - Similar Threads - Youtube app won't

2. Youtube app is not playing videos (Xbox series X)

in XboX Insiders
    Youtube app is not playing videos (Xbox series X): Sometimes videos will play other times it will just be a black screen....is this happening for anybody else? submitted by /u/psiguy6 [link] [comments]
  3. Youtube app won't load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Youtube app won't load: I keep getting issues with the app, either I get a Black screen for around 1 minute then a error code that does not exist or the app will power down my xbox one. 91f20846-5536-4e85-bf20-ec8b91754f6f
  4. Xbox 360 YouTube app won't Work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 YouTube app won't Work: Hi I just got a X360 (Slim) after few Years without console and id really like to use the Youtube App, but it loads (with the regular Youtube logo and red background) and then the screen turns...
  5. Youtube App won't restart previously viewed videos

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Youtube App won't restart previously viewed videos: Ok, so this seems to me to be a pretty strange issue, but if I have previously started to watch a video on the Xbox YouTube app and, for some reason not finished watching it (i.e. stopped the...
  6. My sons YouTube app on his xbox1 stopped working, we've uninstalled it & it won't reinstall?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My sons YouTube app on his xbox1 stopped working, we've uninstalled it & it won't reinstall?: my sons YouTube app on his xbox1 stopped working this morning. I've looked at forums online & this seems to be an occurring problem. I've uninstalled it & reinstalled it. Now it won't load! He's...
  7. YouTube app not working. Won't uninstall.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    YouTube app not working. Won't uninstall.: So I use to always push YouTube videos from my phone to the xbox one and play them that way. Recently they just won't play or it'd be really really choppy. First thing I did was the hard reset...
  8. YouTube app won't work on my profile.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    YouTube app won't work on my profile.: The app usually works fine, but tonight something went wrong and now my app won't work. I was watching a video and when I returned to the guide, my app froze. I restarted my console and app, but...
  9. Youtube App Won't Start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Youtube App Won't Start: My YouTube app won't start. I select it, the screen pops ups with the YouTube logo on it, and about a second later, it returns to the dashboard. I've had games do that but the second time I...
  10. None of my games, IE, and youtube app won't load

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my games, IE, and youtube app won't load: My Xbox One was working fine until yesterday afternoon. When I tried to start up Dragon Age: Inquisition when I get to the title screen I hit the menu then the game locks up. I cleaned the disc...