Youtube thumbnails not showing on Microsoft Edge on my Xbox 1

Discus and support Youtube thumbnails not showing on Microsoft Edge on my Xbox 1 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For the last couple of weeks the thumbnails for Youtube are not showing on Microsoft Edge. They are showing on all of my other devices that are... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by hughesey009, Nov 9, 2019 at 9:33 AM.

1. hughesey009
    hughesey009 Guest

For the last couple of weeks the thumbnails for Youtube are not showing on Microsoft Edge. They are showing on all of my other devices that are connected to the same network. I've seen a lot of people experiencing the same problem. Can anyone help?

:)

hughesey009, Nov 9, 2019 at 9:33 AM
  2. TDG_CRASHFIRE Win User

I have not seen this yet. I personally do not have this problem. Have you tried clearing Edge?
  3. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there hughesey009,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for clarity on this inconvenience. I understand how this could befuddle anyone. It could be that the newest version of Youtube's site might be utilizing some kind of plugin that is not compatible with the current version
    of Microsoft Edge.

For the mean time I would suggest using the YouTube app instead.

Thanks for reading!
  4. ChopDaLyricolig Win User

i have the same problem and i can't figure out why or how to fix it.
  5. hughesey009 Win User

I clear the history all the time, how do I clear edge or is this the same thing?
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Microsoft Edge no muestra las miniaturas [Translation - Microsoft Edge does not show thumbnails]

Hi ferzstar,

Thank you for the response. If everything else is working fine, then the issue sounds like a network connection issue. Usually when thumbnails or other small pictures don't load, it's because the connection is weak or being interrupted by something. Unplug
    your router and modem from the power source for at least 5 minutes to reset your network.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide and open your Settings. Go into Network settings and select Test network speed and statistics. Once the test completes, post the results here so we can compare your results with what would be recommended.
Thema:

1. Youtube thumbnails not showing on Microsoft Edge on my Xbox 1 - Similar Threads - Youtube thumbnails showing

2. Blocking YouTube on sons Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blocking YouTube on sons Xbox one: Hello Didnt know of it was possible please to remove youtube from an xbox. Im sick and tired of my son being glued to it every second he gets. ive tried going through my microsoft account but...
  3. upload live xbox game to youtube

in XBoX on Consoles
    upload live xbox game to youtube: Hi I need your help for my son. My son just start upload some short video of his xbox one games to youtube. He does not know how he can upload himself play games on xbox one console with his...
  4. Xbox 360 Youtube App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Youtube App: I just wanted to say. I have had an issue with the Youtube app for months now. I've deleted, redownloaded, turned it off and on, even blew on the Xbox. I truly believe that this is just a way for...
  5. Youtube thumbnails disappeared on microsoft edge app.

in XboX Insiders
    Youtube thumbnails disappeared on microsoft edge app.: The thumbnails on youtube have vanished on my microsoft edge app on Xbox. All my other devices show them and they're all on the same network. Only happening with edge on Xbox. Seen a few...
  6. Microsoft Edge youtube thumbnails are not displaying

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Edge youtube thumbnails are not displaying: It's been working fine up until a few days now. How do i fix this issue (a NO I do not want to use the Youtube app, I rather fix the problem than avoid it, thanks) submitted by...
  7. Youtube failing on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Youtube failing on Xbox 360: Yes, I know the console is massively obsolete, but I've kept it as a streaming device for my other TV. For the last few days, Youtube has ceased to function. 9x outta 10 it simply fails to load,...
  8. Xbox streaming directly to YouTube ?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox streaming directly to YouTube ?: when are we Xbox users going to have the feature to stream from our Xbox directly to our youtube channel? I mean ps4 players have the option to do it so it’s possible for our Xbox’s to have this...
  9. Youtube App Like & Dislike

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Youtube App Like & Dislike: After getting the new dashboard update the like and dislike buttons on YouTube stopped working. Every other control option works on the app, only the like & dislike have stopped working as if they...
  10. YouTube app CtD

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube app CtD: As the title says, I've been having an issue that's causing my console to crash to the home screen and close the YouTube app as soon as I start any videos. He'll and advice would be much...