Zhone: IP settings

Discus and support Zhone: IP settings in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Zhone (Modems/Gateways): IP settings For example: Test your IPv6. 3d36c920-cdf8-4623-8583-2b4f04a4df62 Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by MURPHREY81, Dec 8, 2016.

1. MURPHREY81
    MURPHREY81 Guest

Zhone (Modems/Gateways): IP settings
    For example: Test your IPv6.

:)

MURPHREY81, Dec 8, 2016
  2. XBR Poseidon
    XBR Poseidon Guest
    Zhone Zhone 6212: DHCP Reservation

Zhone (Modems/Gateways) Zhone 6212: DHCP Reservation
    Device Name Zhone 6212

Login Information:

Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1

Username – admin

Password – admin

DHCP Reservation

1. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.1.1 .
    2. Enter admin for both the Username and Password.
    3. Click the Login button found in the lower right corner of the screen.
    4. Select Advanced from the options across the top.
    5. Select LAN Clients from the menu at the left.
    6. Enter the desired IP Address in the Enter IP Address field.
    7. Enter a host name if you desire.
    8. Enter the MAC Address of your Xbox Console.
    9. Click the Apply button at the bottom of the page.
    10. Select Tools from the menu across the top.
    11. Select System Commands from the menu at the left.
    12. Click the Save All button to make the changes permanent.

XBR Poseidon, Dec 8, 2016
  3. XBR Poseidon
    XBR Poseidon Guest
    Zhone Zhone 6210: DHCP Reservation

Zhone (Modems/Gateways) Zhone 6210: DHCP Reservation
    Device Name Zhone 6210

Login Information:

Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1

Username – Admin

Password – Admin

DHCP Reservation

1. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.1.1 .
    2. Enter Admin for both the Username and Password.
    3. Click the Login button found in the lower right corner of the screen.
    4. Select Advanced from the options across the top.
    5. Select LAN Clients from the menu at the left.
    6. Enter the desired IP Address in the Enter IP Address field.
    7. Enter a host name if you desire.
    8. Enter the MAC Address of your Xbox Console.
    9. Click the Apply button at the bottom of the page.
    10. Select Tools from the menu across the top.
    11. Select System Commands from the menu at the left.
    12. Click the Save All button to make the changes permanent.

XBR Poseidon, Dec 8, 2016
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

taidara, Dec 9, 2016
  5. taidara Win User

6. taidara Win User

SOLUTION - Modem/Gateway + Router - Open NAT setup

Just to clarify, if you've properly configured your Zhone gateway to be operating in bridge mode, it'll no longer be doing any IP implementation at layer 3, since this device now only allow features as authentication, encapsulation, and compression at layer
    2. Everything that you need to configure, to be "allowed", or forwarding, will be done on your additional router, and not on your Zhone device.

Out of curiosity, do you have to use Port Forwarding (manually forwarding ports), or have you tried with UPnP, as the method to automatic forwarding network ports used by Xbox Live?
  7. taidara Win User

NAT Error Moderate Setting Need help fixing it

Greetings Valarie!

Did you connect your console to the Zhone (6519-A2-xx) before you moved, or is this a new device, deployed by your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?

Who is your ISP?

Could we start with something as simple as determine if your public/WAN address is an address that can reach the Internet from your WAN interface, or if its actually a private address NAT'd within the private realm of your ISP.

Just to rule out the possibility, if your connection are behind a Large Scale NAT (LSN) architecture, could you access the web-uitlity interface of your Zhone gateway and see if you can find the WAN/Internet IP address, which is the address assigned by your
    ISP.

Take a note of the WAN/Internet IP address and go to
    http://checkip.dyndns.com/

Now, if this 'Current Address' don't match the WAN/Internet IP address that you see on your Zhone, then you're in a topologie that involves multiple levels of NAT. Multiple levels of NAT, or double NAT, don't support UDP (User Datagram Protocol) over NAT traversal.

Post back and let us know how that goes and we'll work from there.

Thank you!
  8. ARCTIC GHO5T Win User

Cannot connect to since December

Addendum: the modem is a Zhone, model# 6381-A4-200-0AC
  9. VibroPlex Win User

Can't connect to xbox live

For reference, here's a downloadable manual for your combo modem-router (aka a 'gateway') www.zhone.com/support/manuals/docs/62/6218-A2-ZB23-10.pdf

Now, there's a conflict above; in one spot you answered

my nat type is strict

but later, you replied

Do you have a NAT error? no, my nat type is open

How o you know your NAT is strict? Or open? What told you that?

It's for sure you are NOT getting DHCP from the Zhone, as proven by the 169.254 series IP address. To try to resolve that, I would suggest Resetting the Factory (Network) Settings.

Tap (not a long press) on the silver Guide button on the game controller, go two clicks to the right, choose Settings, System Settings, Network Settings, then choose your connection (WIRED if Ethernet, otherwise the SSID of your WiFi connection), then Configure
    Network. Copy down the settings for IP (auto/manual, IP address, subnet mask and gateway) as well as DNS (auto/manual, primary DNS server, secondary DNS server), then go one click right to Additional settings. If anything is _not_ blank or Not Set, make a
    not of those settings as well, then go to the bottom and choose Restore to Factory Defaults and confirm. Then power down the console, wait 8 secs or more, power back up and reconnect, then run the Test Xbox Live Connection again.
Thema:

1. Zhone: IP settings - Similar Threads - Zhone settings

2. Zhone Zhone 6212: I pay World of Tanks Blitz on windows x-box. I keep getting error ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Zhone Zhone 6212: I pay World of Tanks Blitz on windows x-box. I keep getting error ...: Zhone (Modems/Gateways) Zhone 6212: I pay World of Tanks Blitz on windows x-box. I keep getting error 0x80240024. Windows Tech can't fix I can't log into World of Tanks Blitz, Receive error code...
  3. Zhone: h

Zhone: h: Zhone (Modems/Gateways): h I have problems with parental control, someone can help me 698ea69d-f265-45f4-ba19-01c3ac01b33e
  4. Zhone: Known Issues

Zhone: Known Issues: Zhone (Modems/Gateways): Known Issues Zhone 6381-A4 Login Information: Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1 Username – Admin Password – Admin Known Issues There are no known issues at this time....
  5. Zhone: Multiple Console Support

Zhone: Multiple Console Support: Zhone (Modems/Gateways): Multiple Console Support Zhone 6381-A4 Login Information: Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1 Username – Admin Password – Admin Multiple Console Support We have...
  6. Zhone: Bridging Guide

Zhone: Bridging Guide: Zhone (Modems/Gateways): Bridging Guide Zhone 6381-A4 Login Information: Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1 Username – Admin Password – Admin Bridging Guide Open a web browser and type...
  7. Zhone: Firmware

Zhone: Firmware: Zhone (Modems/Gateways): Firmware Zhone 6381-A4 Login Information: Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1 Username – Admin Password – Admin How to Find Firmware Version Open a web browser and...
  8. Zhone: Restoring Factory Defaults

Zhone: Restoring Factory Defaults: Zhone (Modems/Gateways): Restoring Factory Defaults Zhone 6381-A4 Login Information: Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1 Username – Admin Password – Admin Restoring Factory Defaults Through...
  9. Zhone: Firewall

Zhone: Firewall: Zhone (Modems/Gateways): Firewall Zhone 6381-A4 Login Information: Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1 Username – Admin Password – Admin Firewall *The firewall does not have any adjustable...
  10. Zhone: Port Forwarding

Zhone: Port Forwarding: Zhone (Modems/Gateways): Port Forwarding Zhone 6381-A4 Login Information: Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1 Username – Admin Password – Admin Port Forwarding Open a web browser and type...