Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: MAC Filtering

Discus and support Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: MAC Filtering in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Zyxel (Modems/Gateways) Zyxel Prestige 841: MAC Filtering Login Information To login and configure the P-841 you will need a computer with terminal... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by XB1R Hydros, Jul 10, 2014.

1. XB1R Hydros
    XB1R Hydros Guest

Zyxel (Modems/Gateways) Zyxel Prestige 841: MAC Filtering
    Login Information

To login and configure the P-841 you will need a computer with terminal emulation software configured. You will also need to use Command Line to configure the device as stated in the user manual. It is suggested that you replace this device by contacting
    your Internet Service Provider (ISP).

• Username: none
    • Password: 1234
    MAC Filtering

This device does not have this feature.

Disable MAC Filtering

This device does not have this feature.

:)

XB1R Hydros, Jul 10, 2014
  2. XBIR Zeus
    XBIR Zeus Guest
    Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: Device Manual

Zyxel (Modems/Gateways) Zyxel Prestige 841: Device Manual
    Zyxel Prestige 841

Device Manual can be found here: ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/P-841/user_guide/P-841_841-25_v1.pdf (please copy paste this into your web browser).

XBIR Zeus, Jul 10, 2014
  3. XB1R Hydros
    XB1R Hydros Guest
    Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: Known Issues

Zyxel (Modems/Gateways) Zyxel Prestige 841: Known Issues
    Known Issues

There are no currently known issues with this device.

XB1R Hydros, Jul 10, 2014
  4. xClampyy Win User

Zyxel: MAC Filtering

there isn’t an active box. there are disable, allow, or deny boxes though. my xbox was connected to the internet fine then the xbox randomly turned itself off and it won’t connect. i’ve reset the wifi and everything.
  5. jmcode Win User

Double NAT problems (I Think)

Yes, the Zyxel is a gateway (modem+router), and you have problematic double NAT as a result. If you have access to the right settings, you can put the Zyxel in bridge mode as explained on page 22 of the manual here:

ftp.zyxel.com/.../P-660RU-T1%20v3s_1.01.pdf

This is the best solution, but your ISP may block those settings. If it does, and if it is unwilling to set it to bridge mode for you, another option is to disable DHCP on the Belkin and connect the Zyxel to a LAN port on the Belkin rather than WAN. Reboot
    Zyxel, Belkin, Xbox, and Xbox should get an IP from the Zyxel via DHCP (reserve this IP if the Zyxel supports that). You will then need to do all necessary port forwarding to the Xbox using the Zyxel unless the Zyxel properly implements UPnP (in which case
    enable that).
  6. Beaver03-32E365B8-01 Win User

Xbox Live Error status report

What i currently have is connection to phone line (ASDL) via a ZyXel modem/router, through a new micro filter. Then i have LAN connection (Ethernet cable) from My Zyxel modem/router to the Devolo 500mbps power line adapter, plugged straight into the wall
    socket. Then in the room with the xbox is the other power line adapter with ethernet cable from the router to the xbox.

Hope this helps
  7. jmcode Win User

Double NAT problems (I Think)

Just to be clear, when you disabled DHCP on the Belkin, did you then connect the Zyxel to a LAN port on the Belkin? Did you verify the IP you used for port forwarding on the Zyxel was the new IP the Xbox One got from the Zyxel, not the one it had from the
    Belkin? If so, that should work unless something else is going on--can you get open NAT with the Xbox One directly wired to the Zyxel (with ports forwarded)? If not, that is a problem.

As far as settings for bridge mode, I'm not familiar with your ISP so I'm not sue which setting is best on the Zyxel. On the Belkin, you need to match the current ISP setting on the Zyxel--i.e. if Zyxel is using PPPoE, set the Belkin to that. You will probably
    need to enter authentication (user/pass) depending on what that setting is...
  8. StuartATrueRed Win User

Zyxel Zyxel VSG1432: Zyxel VMG8823

Hi, you only get ipv6 if your internet provider supports it. If it does, then your Xbox One would automatically use it.
Thema:

1. Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: MAC Filtering - Similar Threads - Zyxel Zyxel Prestige

2. Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: Overview

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: Overview: Zyxel (Modems/Gateways) Zyxel Prestige 841: Overview Login Information To login and configure the P-841 you will need a computer with terminal emulation software configured. You will also need to...
  3. Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: How to Find SSID

Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: How to Find SSID: Zyxel (Modems/Gateways) Zyxel Prestige 841: How to Find SSID (Network Name) Login Information To login and configure the P-841 you will need a computer with terminal emulation software...
  4. Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: Wireless Security

Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: Wireless Security: Zyxel (Modems/Gateways) Zyxel Prestige 841: Wireless Security Login Information To login and configure the P-841 you will need a computer with terminal emulation software configured. You will...
  5. Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: Change Wireless Channel

Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: Change Wireless Channel: Zyxel (Modems/Gateways) Zyxel Prestige 841: Change Wireless Channel Login Information To login and configure the P-841 you will need a computer with terminal emulation software configured. You...
  6. Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: Change Wireless Mode

Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: Change Wireless Mode: Zyxel (Modems/Gateways) Zyxel Prestige 841: Change Wireless Mode Login Information To login and configure the P-841 you will need a computer with terminal emulation software configured. You will...
  7. Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: DHCP Reservation

Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: DHCP Reservation: Zyxel (Modems/Gateways) Zyxel Prestige 841: DHCP Reservation Login Information To login and configure the P-841 you will need a computer with terminal emulation software configured. You will also...
  8. Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: UPnP

Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: UPnP: Zyxel (Modems/Gateways) Zyxel Prestige 841: UPnP Login Information To login and configure the P-841 you will need a computer with terminal emulation software configured. You will also need to use...
  9. Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: DMZ

Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: DMZ: Zyxel (Modems/Gateways) Zyxel Prestige 841: DMZ Login Information To login and configure the P-841 you will need a computer with terminal emulation software configured. You will also need to use...
  10. Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: Port Forwarding

Zyxel Zyxel Prestige 841: Port Forwarding: Zyxel (Modems/Gateways) Zyxel Prestige 841: Port Forwarding Login Information To login and configure the P-841 you will need a computer with terminal emulation software configured. You will also...